• Capet Under Layment.............

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Capet Under Layment.............

Hey Guys, just have a quick question..............I will be installing new carpet. I purchased thermal heat barrier to keep the heat down. Do I still need to purchase new jute padding to place between the barrier and the carpet or will the heat barrier work in place of the jute padding?

Seems I can't find the answer on any of the forums
    Tom T

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

If your new carpet is ACC brand (most venders use this brand) the padding is already glued to the carpet on the drivers and passenger sides only

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Padding

Quote Originally Posted by spikebot 81 View Post
    If your new carpet is ACC brand (most venders use this brand) the padding is already glued to the carpet on the drivers and passenger sides only
    Silly Question: The carpet is coming from Wilcox (ACC) and should be here within the next day or two...............Will the heat barrier in the back be good enough if the padding is not glued to it? As you can see, I am not a carpet guy! Just want to make sure that I some what understand what I am doing be for I dive into it!

Thanks,

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I just finished installing rear carpet 2 day ago. Also wilcox. In the back of the car there was a mat that lays down before the carpet. It is factory and looks like tar paper on one side. Do you have this mat?

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by spikebot 81 View Post
    I just finished installing rear carpet 2 day ago. Also wilcox. In the back of the car there was a mat that lays down before the carpet. It is factory and looks like tar paper on one side. Do you have this mat?
    I ordered a complete interior package for the vette. Everything has arrived with the exception of the carpet, so I'm not sure about the matt. Was your carpet from Corvette America?

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

No I got mine from wilcox. What I did was install a hvac duct wrap product from Lowes. Its a 1/4 inch sticky back foam insulation with foil on one side. I put this product on every interior surface. Floors, rear deck, rear fender wells, drive shaft tunnel ect. The insulation is simalar to dynamat and others for sound and heat. Once that was installed I reused the thick heavey fender insulation that was installed by the factory and the flat mat that goes up the back and floor of the rare coampartment. Installed carpet with no fit problems. Havent done the front of the car yet. Waiting for shift console parts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

The only padding that comes with the carpet set is for the drivers and pasenger floor. Under your feet