2000 Dk. Bowling Green Metallic Coupe 1974 Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Very sad news...

Corvette(s)
    2003 Medium Spiral Grey
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

What a fantastic person. I followed his threads with great interest even though I had a C5 vette. He was always humerous and direct. His opinions were fantastic. There is nothing to say about his leaving CAC. I want to remember him as a great on-line friend.

Corvette(s)
    2003 Z06
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I'm just shocked, I really don't know what else to say. I read the e-mail Rob sent out yesterday and this thread as well. I just couldn't come to say anything until today.

I remember reading his road trip post and knew that he was really close to 69MyWay. I remember seeing the pictures and reading the threads.

I never met Ken but we e-mailed and talked on the phone. This isn't just a case of when someone passes on, everyone shows up and says how great of a person they were even if they weren't. With Ken, he was a great guy. There isn't any exaggerating about what kind of person he was. Ken was that great person that everyone here has said.

You respected and admired Ken because he didn't try to hide stuff. He never pretended to be who he wasn't.

I remember when this forum was a fraction of the size that it is now. Ken was pretty much there from the beginning and he was one of the friendliest towards then-newb's such as myself.

He will be dearly missed.

black85vette

Sad indeed; however, at least he spent his life in pursuit of something he loved - Corvettes!

Corvette(s)
    2003 RED Z06
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

RIP

My condolences to his family

Corvette Action Center Loses a Valued Member geekinavette's Avatar
    Corvette(s)
    84 Z51 auto R.I.P. 89 black roadster SOLD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond View Post
    I'm just shocked, I really don't know what else to say. I read the e-mail Rob sent out yesterday and this thread as well. I just couldn't come to say anything until today.
    That's kinda how I've felt...just not the slightest idea what to say. I never had the pleasure of meeting Ken in person, but always enjoyed chatting online with him. A class act for sure.

Ken, we'll miss ya bro.

Bill

corvted

I feel that I lost a friend. I stumbled on Kenís website some time ago. After going through the website, I felt I made a friend. Even though I never met him I felt I new him. That is how much of an impact his website was for me. His love for <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com<st1:country-region><st1:place>America</st1:place></st1:country-region>ís best sport car ever made was so obvious. His passion for it was so tremendous. For those of you who knew personally, I am so sorry and feel your lost. When the day comes for me, I hope that I have accomplished as much as Ken did for his life. My condolences to his family and friends.

Corvette(s)
    Dark Blue 1982 Trans Am(s): Polo Green 1995 MN6
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I chatted with Ken more than a couple of times over my old '78s TPI swap.

Great guy. Sad loss to the hobby. I pray for his family.
    1982 Chevrolet Corvette , 350 2k RPM Stall Converter + Updgraded Transmission + Governor Set For 5,450rpm Shifts 3.73 Code 42 Dark Mettalic Blue with a twist

Corvette(s)
    2006 Black C6 Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default GODS SPEED

Well I'm new to the CAC but form reading all the wonderful things being said about KEN I'll add to it. "May you enjoy your time in eternity crusin' in your vette on eagles wings"

Corvette Action Center Loses a Valued Member vettered91's Avatar
    Corvette(s)
    1996 LT4 Supercharged and 2002 Z06 656 whp
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I'm gonna miss you Ken, my friend..... See ya there!

Piet

Wow... I am stunned.
    Ken will be missed. I always appreciated his involvement, experience and the life he brought to this community. My Prayers are with Friends and Family.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Ken. Rest in peace. Condolences to the family and friends.
    Bob

Corvette(s)
    62 Maroon, 03 Anniversary Convertible
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Goodbye to my friend!

I'm pleased to see all the kind words being expressed about Ken on this site. He deserves them all.
    I actually initially "met" Ken on the CAC. I signed up when I bought my 62 'Vette. He saw where I live which is only about 10 miles from his place. He introduced me to many car ventures in So. Cal. as well as the local Corvette Clubs of which I continue to be a member. Ken and I went on to become, I feel, close friends. You could often see him at my place on the weekends while I (and of course he) worked on my car. Of course, you could hear him coming from quite a long ways! That is quite a "hot rod"! I think there are still black marks on my street!
    I'm happy to say I called Ken this past Sunday afternoon and we had a great talk. Car talk of course, but also about how he felt. He was very tired last week and did not do much. He was encouraged by a conversation with someone from the CAC who recently went through a liver transplant. That helped his demeanor. Through the course of the conversation, he got into a much better mood and was even laughing! Car talk will do that with Ken.
    Someone mentioned Ken's apartment and the "wall to wall" automotive material. "Wall to wall" and "floor to ceiling" throughout the place! And even more down in the garage. I remember going "book shopping' one day with Ken. Good thing he was on a tight budget because I suspect he would have bought out the store!
    Ken had a tremendous knowledge of Corvettes and the history of Corvettes. But it went beyond Corvettes. He was a strong fan of the muscle car era, and knew a great deal of the history. You could tell he actually read (and absorbed) all that material in his apartment!
    I spoke with Ken's brother on Tuesday. He will let me know of whatever plans there are for Ken in terms of a viewing and/or memorial. I have some calls from a few members of the CAC. I will be sure to notify you as soon as I hear the plans.
    There have also been questions about Ken's web site. I will ask his brother if there is some way we can keep that alive for some time.
    Rest well, Ken.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast