Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BLACKDOG Is Gone.....
    Corvette(s)
    87 Callaway Cpe 87-070 & 68 Cpe 427, 4spd A/C
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Sorry Bud, yes indeed, good friend are few and far between. If in a life time you only have a couple of real good friends then you are blessed. Memories last a life time and so will your fond thoughts of the Dawg.

God Bless

Corvette(s)
    2004 Z51 Lingenfelter Spiral Gray
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by timfitz63 View Post
    A fitting eulogy for one's Corvette buddy if I ever read one! Sympathies at the loss of your friend, Bud!

Let's all give "DawG" one last Corvette as he rides off into the big sunset. I think I hear the Moody Blues playing too...
    Jay !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default BlackDogs Celebration Event

Jeff "DawG" Alexander's Celebration of life.
    July 14, 2012 @ 11:00 a.m. (PDST)
    50's Roadhouse Resturant, 18341 Kennedy Road, Knights Ferry, California
    Just off of Hi-Way 108/120 between Oakdale and Sonora.
    The "POSSE" and "Mother Lode Corvettes" would meet at this spot for lunches and story telling.
    This was one of DawG's favorite places.
    The owner of the resturant will immortalize DawG's picture by hanging an
    8x10 picture of him under the Beatles record album cover for eternity.
    His picture will be on the wall with Elvis, James Dean, Frank Sinatra to name a few. What an honor.
    Their is a picnic area so if you plan on coming to this celebration bring your lawn chairs.
    There we can share stories, lies, embelishments of the memories of our friend DawG.
    I have few choice memories of DawG myself.
    There will be a banner for all to sign their farewell on. This will be sent to his brother, Greg, who lives in Arizona so that the family can share in this celebration.
    Hope to see anyone that can make it. His old Motorcycle Club from Woodland California will be there as well as his golfing buddy's.
    Hey Yoda, the president of the "POSSE". I will be forwarding any pictures of this event to your hotmail email address or get ahold of me through my email at howie0353@y----.com. Thanks Bud. I loved that guy. The BLENDER KING!!! DawG.
    Howie
    The "POSSE". "BRUTAL - JUST BRUTAL"

Corvette(s)
    1981 UL5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Thanks Howie..

I wish Nanc, Sophie and I could make the send off... Lord knows I have a few stories about the DawG..

I suggest to anyone in California that is near the "Roadhouse Restaurant", Knights Ferry, (Hi-Way 108/120 between Oakdale and Sonora) to make this event!! Howie is ONE HELL of a promoter and KNOWs how to throw a Partee ...

Thanks Howie for keeping me and the CAC abreast of what is happening...

Bud, Nanc and Sophie

Corvette(s)
    1981 HD Suspension; ZN1 Option
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I just learned of Jeff's demise last Friday while visiting with Jim Rose at the El Rey Inn, in Santa Fé, New Mexico. It totally took me by surprise. And he passed on the day before I had gone home to care for my mother, so my worries for my mother made me oblivious of his passing.

Ironically, it is in Jeff's demise from which we learned the idea which drove his life -live life to the fullest because when it is over, it is over, and you can't take anything with you.

I had the fortune to partake some of his life's teachings, theories, and common philosophy on life while at CAC, and a more true folk there has been none.

Bud, I feel for the loss of your best friend, and thank you for making our paths cross with the likes of Jeff Alexander.
    GerryLP

Corvette(s)
    2006 'Evil Stealth Black' Roadster
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

No! Not Jeff!

He was wise and kind, a great character in the community of Corvette enthusiasts. I'm truly saddened by this news. We have lost a great man and a wonderfully great Corvette guy. We are all diminished by his passing.

Jeff, I hope you're busy treating the almighty to one of your mudslides. Rest in peace, my friend.

-Patrick

2006 Black Roadster

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world. The unreasonable man persists in adapting the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends upon the unreasonable man."
    - George Bernard Shaw

Check out my book "LICENSE: REVIEWED, 50 Years of James Bond Movies" now available at Amazon!

Corvette(s)
    2009 callaway crystal red coupe, 1995 pace car
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Blackdog passing

Bud, sorry to here your good friend has passed away, never meet the guy, but if he was a good friend of yours he was a good guy. May he rest in peace.............................Billy

Corvette(s)
    1981 UL5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Remembering a Member and a very dear friend..

Bud

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12