Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Corvette(s)
    1990 ZR-1 - Bright Red / Black
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Garage Floor Plan Sites

Thought I'd compile a small listing of garage floor plan sites. I figured I may not be able to afford to build one right now, but that doesn't mean I can't plan ahead.

http://www.coolhouseplans.com/houses...ousestyle.html

http://www.behmdesign.com/garageplans/default.htm

http://www.houseplanguys.com/garage-plans.php

http://www.garage-plan.com/garage_plans.htm

http://www.b4ubuild.com/plans/garage_plans.shtml

http://www.archwaypress.com/browse.p...8c7253920.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Garage Flooring and Cabinetry Sources and Services

http://www.customgarageworks.com/

Rob Loszewski, Owner & Site Administrator
    Corvette Action Center
    Cadillac V-Net
    Cadillac XLR Net
    Torque Network
    VetteTube
    NCRS Member #27792
    "Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt." - Sun Tzu
    1990 Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 , 350 Stock ZF 6-speed. Stock Bright Red

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Im having a very hard time finding building plans for building a garage in the 2200-2500 sq foot range , (something like a 40' x 60', or 50' x 50' ETC.) I need to find plans for a CBS (concrete BLOCK STUCCO ) construction (14 foot minimum wall height to allow a LIFT) and A HIP STYLE ROOF
    ANY SUGGESTIONS GENTELMEN??

"What kind of plans do I want? Just concept, or full permit ready, engineered drawings, with material take-offs, etc? "
    if I can find something close to what im looking for (ALL THE ABOVE)Im reasonably flexiable here, the LOCAL contractors have not been very helpful in giving me any info at all, they want to build the smaller 3 or 4 car garages most people want that they are more familiar with,I will most likely need to hire the job out to a local contractor, as my expertize is NOT in building buildings
    like I stated above, Im looking to basically build a large rectangle garage in the 2300-2500sq ft range,with two 8 ft tall 16 ft wide garage doors and 14 ft high walls and a hip roof, everything else is optional

corvettecrazy

I don't know if this will help any of you or even if it is considered advertising but at the car show I went to this past Sunday guys where there who designed and layed out garages and did these cool tile floors.

garageconnection.com

idk it might help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

thanks Ill check that site out!

Garage Floor Plan Sites
    Corvette(s)
    '67 Marina Blue Convertible
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Grump, my (attached) garage is similar to your description - 2550 sq. ft (44' deep x 58' wide) with a 12' ceiling (except for one area that's 16' to handle the cathedral window in front that faces the street), with two 18' x 8' insulated sectional doors, a service door, and a 12/12 hip roof. It's all clear span inside (no walls or columns), which required specially-engineered 62'-long trusses, but the architect and truss engineering outfit made it work. It's 2x6 framed, super-insulated, fully finished inside, with high-lift door tracks and laminated headers over the door openings.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

could you post more info? are the engineered / builder plans available? how much? is the basic floor plan available?

Garage Floor Plan Sites
    Corvette(s)
    '67 Marina Blue Convertible
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Just a 44' x 58' rectangle, with the "step" at the house end poured 60" deep instead of the usual 30"-36"; makes plenty of room for workbenches and stools without stepping up and down all the time. The only "special" item was the 62'-long trusses to get clear span inside with no walls or columns, but I don't have the truss drawings.

Corvette(s)
    2000 Black Coupe; W/6-Speed
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Rob,

Thanks for post the links for building garages, houses and etx. I have spent well over an hour looking at them, very interesting. I have not found the land I am looking for but I am still looking at plans in the mean time. I am wanting to build that 6 to 8 car garage with the smaller house attached.

Thanks again,
    Bill
    President Abraham Lincoln as stated in the Gettysburg Address
    "From these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they here gave the last full measure of devotion - that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain."
    "Defend Those That Defended Us"

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I got asked what compressor I use, well heres a picture, I use twin 7hp/60 gallon compressors feeding a single garage wide run of schedual 80 1/2" PVC piping with brass fittings rated at 660 PSI, yeah! IM well aware you should NEVER USE PVC for air, I used it for 10 PLUS years ,in my old shop, my buddies used it for over 12 years in his shop,and its what Ive installed in the new garage, schedual 80 1/2" PVC piping with brass fittings rated at 660 PSI, if and when I have problems it will be replaced, I fully agree, if you used larger dia,or schedual 40 your just asking for problems

Corvette(s)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I know a lot of people who use schedule 80 PVC for air lines without any problems at all! How about some detailed pictures of your garage? I plan on setting one up and would like some ideas. I want to put in a stationary air compressor with air stations all over; a ramp type lift, wash bay and would like to get about 6 cars inside and still be able to work on the as needed. I think they even make it designed for compressed air, not sure what the difference is between it and schedule 80 PVC!!! Maybe someone else out there does.

Thanks,
    Bill
    "From these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they here gave the last full measure of devotion - that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain."

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

the LATEST pictures are a couple years old, taken on the first day we had electric as we were just stuffing things in out of the rain on day one, over 1/2 the tools a couple engines and 4 various welders were not off the truck yet

a few more pics, its still a total mess while Im in the process of BUILDING and moving in but IM getting there slowly, I get asked this frequently
    answer, Im just an old (59) now retired HOTRODDER and mechanical engineer ,whos been building cars and engines, helping my friends on a semi constant basis for well over 40 years, raced a few corvettes, PONTIAC G.T.O.s ,ROAD RUNNERS, CUDAs ,CAMAROS, Ive build or rebuild over a hundred engines, swapped suspensions, and learned on the way.
    IVE learned to K.I.S.S. (KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID)
    IVE learned that a FEW QUALITY parts will BEAT lots of junk
    IVE learned careful clearancing and attention to details makes a HUGE DIFFERANCE
    IVE learned researching and learning from other people mistakes is FAR cheaper and faster than making your own in a car build.
    IVE learned to do extensive research BEFORE buying parts
    IVE learned NEVER BUY PARTS that you get on (DEALS) if they dont match your goals
    Ive learned that building engines for maximum AVERAGE TQ IN the RPM RANGE youll use the car beats building for maximun PEAK hp numbers
    IVE learned asking lots of questions is far cheaper than makeing lots of mistakes
    IVE learned that a cars performance depends a great deal on its POWER TO WEIGHT RATIO.
    IVE learned that to have fun,your combo must be BOTH dependable and faster than MOST but not ALL the competition (most guys will never afford the expence in being the fastest car in your area)
    IVE learned a CAR that breaks down is a TOTAL P.I.T.A. and RELIEABILITY is VERY IMPORTANT!
    and like many of you IM broke most of the time, because of this hobby,but always glad to help out
    Last edited by grumpyvette; 01-24-14 at 08:20 PM.

Corvette(s)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Awesome, this will give me some ideas. I really appreciate you sending pictures. I have been looking for that right piece of dirt that I want to build on but haven't yet found that piece of property that says "this is it"! I want to take the next couple to five years to get this done so that when I retire I can tinker until I can't move no more!!! I have some rough drawings of what I want; I am thinking an all metal building but with the price of steel I may change my mind!

Thanks again,
    Bill

Corvette(s)
    15 Shark Grey 3LZ Z06
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I drew my own on a cheap architectural program by Broderbund. It's called 3D Architect. Takes about 30 minutes to learn. I'd be happy to draw it up for you if you send me your ideas. I just did my 40x 40' connecting my house to my old garage. I'm a builder and subed out all the work. Still ran me $25,000 + but I'm happy with it. My advice is to build it too big. You'll always want more. I wish I had gone deeper. I can fit all 6 cars but it's tight.

PM me or email me and we'll talk about it or exchange phone numbers. a.salvatore@comcast.net
    Sal

Quote Originally Posted by grumpyvette View Post
    Im having a very hard time finding building plans for building a garage in the 2200-2500 sq foot range , (something like a 40' x 60', or 50' x 50' ETC.) I need to find plans for a CBS (concrete BLOCK STUCCO ) construction (14 foot minimum wall height to allow a LIFT) and A HIP STYLE ROOF
    ANY SUGGESTIONS GENTELMEN??

"What kind of plans do I want? Just concept, or full permit ready, engineered drawings, with material take-offs, etc? "
    if I can find something close to what im looking for (ALL THE ABOVE)Im reasonably flexiable here, the LOCAL contractors have not been very helpful in giving me any info at all, they want to build the smaller 3 or 4 car garages most people want that they are more familiar with,I will most likely need to hire the job out to a local contractor, as my expertize is NOT in building buildings
    like I stated above, Im looking to basically build a large rectangle garage in the 2300-2500sq ft range,with two 8 ft tall 16 ft wide garage doors and 14 ft high walls and a hip roof, everything else is optional

Corvette(s)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by BLACK MOON View Post
    I drew my own on a cheap architectural program by Broderbund. It's called 3D Architect. Takes about 30 minutes to learn. I'd be happy to draw it up for you if you send me your ideas. I just did my 40x 40' connecting my house to my old garage. I'm a builder and subed out all the work. Still ran me $25,000 + but I'm happy with it. My advice is to build it too big. You'll always want more. I wish I had gone deeper. I can fit all 6 cars but it's tight.

PM me or email me and we'll talk about it or exchange phone numbers. a.salvatore@comcast.net
    Sal
    Awesome looking garage. . . . . . . . . .

Bill

Corvette(s)
    15 Shark Grey 3LZ Z06
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Thanks Bill. Still working on it. Got a deal on a flat screen and put it up today. Next step is cabinets from Sams Club and metal pegboard.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdaddy View Post
    Awesome looking garage. . . . . . . . . .

Bill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast