• Garage Floor Plan Sites

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by grumpyvette View Post
    the LATEST pictures are a couple years old, taken on the first day we had electric as we were just stuffing things in out of the rain on day one, over 1/2 the tools a couple engines and 4 various welders were not off the truck yet

a few more pics, its still a total mess while Im in the process of BUILDING and moving in but IM getting there slowly, I get asked this frequently
    answer, Im just an old (59) now retired HOTRODDER and mechanical engineer ,whos been building cars and engines, helping my friends on a semi constant basis for well over 40 years, raced a few corvettes, PONTIAC G.T.O.s ,ROAD RUNNERS, CUDAs ,CAMAROS, Ive build or rebuild over a hundred engines, swapped suspensions, and learned on the way.
    IVE learned to K.I.S.S. (KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID)
    IVE learned that a FEW QUALITY parts will BEAT lots of junk
    IVE learned careful clearancing and attention to details makes a HUGE DIFFERANCE
    IVE learned researching and learning from other people mistakes is FAR cheaper and faster than making your own in a car build.
    IVE learned to do extensive research BEFORE buying parts
    IVE learned NEVER BUY PARTS that you get on (DEALS) if they dont match your goals
    Ive learned that building engines for maximum AVERAGE TQ IN the RPM RANGE youll use the car beats building for maximun PEAK hp numbers
    IVE learned asking lots of questions is far cheaper than makeing lots of mistakes
    IVE learned that a cars performance depends a great deal on its POWER TO WEIGHT RATIO.
    IVE learned that to have fun,your combo must be BOTH dependable and faster than MOST but not ALL the competition (most guys will never afford the expence in being the fastest car in your area)
    IVE learned a CAR that breaks down is a TOTAL P.I.T.A. and RELIEABILITY is VERY IMPORTANT!
    and like many of you IM broke most of the time, because of this hobby,but always glad to help out
    GrumpyVette,
    That's a nice garage you have there. I live in the newly minted town of Loxahatchee Groves. I am in the process of designing a 40' x 60' CBS garage for my house. If you have time could you please post who you had design/engineer your building? So far I've gotten prices ranging from $900 to $5,000 to draw up the plans. Also any company names that you may have used to put up your building. Tips or things you would do differently next time? Maybe a ballpark figure on cost?
    Thanks,
    Robert

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

SEND ME A PRVT MESSAGE AND WE CAN ARRANGE TO MEET, LOOK OVER MY GARAGE AND DISCUSS DETAILS

heres a link, with a great deal more info, Ive had the 36 ft x 75 ft and 16 ft tall walls ,shop built for a about 5 -6 years now, but I noticed theres no info in the thread that I previously posted

http://forum.grumpysperformance.com/...php?f=27&t=116
    Last edited by grumpyvette; 08-30-12 at 05:35 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Last edited by grumpyvette; 08-30-12 at 05:38 PM. Reason: missing info
    " IF YOU CAN,T SMOKE THE TIRES FROM A 60 MPH ROLLING START YOUR ENGINE NEEDS MORE WORK!!"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12