• Question: Any videos on window adjustments?

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    AUSSIEVETTEMAN

Default Question: Any videos on window adjustments?

Hi all,

Just wondering if there is a Help Video/ DVD around for adjusting the windows in C3 Coupes? Doesn't matter what zone, we have an all zone DVD and I am sure the Dual Layer in the computer will handle it.

I am having trouble adjusting the window travel height and it is either too high or not high enough. If it is too high, it rubs on the windscreen pillar frame and too low, well hey you get wet!
    I have run a thin wipe of silicone spray over the rubber and this has helped a little, but it doesn't wind all the way up when the door is closed.
    I have new T Tops and rubbers, but I think my adjustments are out somewhere, probably not holding 'me tounge right'!

It is my last project on sealing up the old girl after starting the 'seal up job' around 6 months ago. I pulled the front and rear windscreens out and had a good glazier mate come around and reseal them. This was because the urethane seal around the glass had got old and shrunk and cracked. This let water in and obviously the previous owners ignored the wet feet. Shame they did that, as over time this caused some rust on the window frame, but after a good wire brush back to bare metal, I coated the frame with POR 15. The cowls were still in good shape, that God!

Lesson 1: If the Vette Leaks - Investigate it!

I know there are some bodywork vids around, but and unsure if they handle adjustments of windows.

Would appreciate the tips,

Tony

Question: Any videos on window adjustments?
    Corvette(s)
    '67 Marina Blue Convertible
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

There's an excellent illustrated step-by-step procedure for window adjustment in the "Corvette Body" section of the 1969 Chassis Service Manual, which is probably repeated in the later manuals as well. I'm not aware of anyone producing the procedure on DVD.