$projecthp
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Renegade

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by nelson84
    Forum members like my posts I get PMed about how much they enjoy my comments.
    Really? Cuz, on the forum, you're pretty much a one man band. Those guys should jump in to support you - really!
    There are times for thinking, and times for acting, but the art is in the balance

CruiseFest 2005
    CruiseFest 2006
    CruiseFest 2007
    CruiseFestivus 2009
    CruiseFest 2010
    CruiseFest 2011

CruiseFest 2012

Corvette(s)
    84 Z51 two tone bronze coupe 85 black on black
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by catbert View Post
    Really? Cuz, on the forum, you're pretty much a one man band. Those guys should jump in to support you - really!
    No, they know I don't like being made a fuss over. I know I'm great and the rest of you know it all so. Why state the obvious.

Corvette(s)
    1973 coupe L82 (gone as casualty of divorce)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

nelson84, personal attacks are not tolerated. Nothing about LLC5's post merits your insults. Please remove your rude comments or I will do so.

-Mac

Corvette(s)
    1973 coupe L82 (gone as casualty of divorce)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by nelson84 View Post
    No, they know I don't like being made a fuss over. I know I'm great and the rest of you know it all so. Why state the obvious.

I won't make a fuss over you either. Another insult-laden response like the one I just modified and you'll be banned for a week.

-Mac

Corvette(s)
    98 black 6spd convert.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by nelson84 View Post
    What is the point of your post?Yes I bought a renegade but for your XXXXXXXXXXXX of the product in question. I didn't just run out and buy it I researched and acquired information on the product and I was emailed some photos and data that you obviously don't have.For a guy that calls himself a master technician, you should be able to figure out that an intake manifold with larger tapered runners, larger volume and stripped of all the limiting factors would improve performance. Forum members like my posts I get PMed about how much they enjoy my comments. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Yep, I am a master tech and "larger tapered runners, and larger volume and stripped of all the limiting factors" (what ever that means) will not automatically improve performance.

I can see that your thorough research of the product is based on internet photos and data, and you are correct in that I do not have your acquired data. You would also be correct in assuming that I would not make a purchase based on those parameters.

I am glad forum forum members like your posts, and also the fact that you get PM'd about them continuously. You may however want to contact Renegade, and get their opinon on your posts about the obvious support of their product, as they may not feel the same way. Just a suggestion.
    Master Technician

25+ year ASE Master Certified Tech

22+ year Honda Master Tech

Corvette(s)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by LLC5 View Post
    Yep, I am a master tech and "larger tapered runners, and larger volume and stripped of all the limiting factors" (what ever that means) will not automatically improve performance. I can see that your thorough research of the product is based on internet photos and data, and you are correct in that I do not have your acquired data. You would also be correct in assuming that I would not make a purchase based on those parameters. I am glad forum forum members like your posts, and also the fact that you get PM'd about them continuously. You may however want to contact Renegade, and get their opinon on your posts about the obvious support of their product, as they may not feel the same way. Just a suggestion.
    I just answered a few questions people ask on this thread, I said I own a renegade and I like it then someone wanted to see pictures of it installed so the nice guy I am I put a few pics up. With this intake I get a 0-60 in the 5.5 to 5.7 range and a best 1/4 mile time of 13.98. I think it is alot better than 15.3 but everyone is entitled to an opinion, atleast last time I checked.

Technical Writer for Internet & Print Media
    Corvette(s)
    71 04 12 19
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Oh I love this stuff.

My 2001 V6 Camaro runs 13.6s with a much smaller engine and more weight...both the car itself and my fat ass in it.

Corvette(s)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Hib Halverson View Post
    Oh I love this stuff.My 2001 V6 Camaro runs 13.6s with a much smaller engine and more weight...both the car itself and my fat ass in it.
    Wow that is alot of weight.

Corvette(s)
    1977 c3 orange ! 1988 c4 kinda purple 1991 'race
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Hey Mike,(whalepirot). Remember us talking about this when I dropped by your place. You've gotta say it's amusing ? Good to see you and your piece of art !......Roger.

Corvette(s)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by roger longman View Post
    Hey Mike,(whalepirot). Remember us talking about this when I dropped by your place. You've gotta say it's amusing ? Good to see you and your piece of art !......Roger.
    So what did Mike think of this?

Corvette(s)
    1977 c3 orange ! 1988 c4 kinda purple 1991 'race
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

You would need to ask him.

Corvette(s)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Any news on the renegade or other renegade users.

Corvette(s)
    1982 Dark Claret Coupe - 383CI CFI
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Post deleted by owner...

Corvette(s)
    15Gray/8sp 72Blk/Blk4Spd 64Red/Red/Wht4spd
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

If he had done a tune, chip, fuel pump change, and 1.6 roller rockers would he have gained half of that 30 HP without the new intake? I've seen figures between 12 and 15 HP for just those rocker changes on a good tune, so is that about normal? Or did he use new light weight valve spring caps and new springs to help it along? What were the actual test numbers at what RPM and how many days apart were they? Was there any kind of tune done before the first dyno run?By the way the statement under the Wazeer car only says roller rockers and not 1.6 roller rockers?? Still rather loose "facts" for anyone to make a decision to buy a Renegade manifold.
    C6 has been great for over 10 years, I'll miss her... Still more fun driving the '64 and the '72.

Technical Writer for Internet & Print Media
    Corvette(s)
    71 04 12 19
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

In re: the 84 with the fuel pump change, the one-six rockers and the Renegade...to what fuel pump did he change?

On a 350 with a stock or mild cam 1.6:1 rockers on both intake and exhaust is going to gain 7-12 hp depending on the cam and the calibration, so based only on that Canadian test, a Renegade could be good for 15-20 hp.

"Buccaneer"...can you post the dyno sheets from the Canadian test....not just the change in peak power but the full power and torque curves?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast