Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Corvette(s)
    84 Gold, Black Wheels
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default 84 crossfire to fuel injection-to late to back out

Anyone out there done this with a stand alone wiring harness on the FI. I am wondering about making all the digital gages in the dash/oil temp, ect... work. Any suggestions on a wiring harness to keep costs reasonable. Any tips to make things a little easier.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

From what I'd heard, was keep everything relating to the gauges plugged in, may have to keep part of the old harness on the engine, it should work. But you may have trouble w/ the information center, digital mpg counter, not working.

Corvette(s)
    1984 White Z-51/ZF6-40/Shinoda body
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by CJW View Post
    Anyone out there done this with a stand alone wiring harness on the FI. I am wondering about making all the digital gages in the dash/oil temp, ect... work. Any suggestions on a wiring harness to keep costs reasonable. Any tips to make things a little easier.
    I opted, following suggestions from Jim inject usa many years ago, to use a 1990 Camaro ECM that I bought from him, along with a blank chip. Jim was a great resource, though others can alter a harness. the ECM is still in the original location.

I also sent my harness to Jim and bought the few sensors needed. It's a big job. Remember to change all rubber in the fuel feed lines leading from the new, higher pressure fuel pump in the tank! I had a burst; the one inside the tank, TG, and Jim answered his phone and suggested it as the no-start problem from 2500 miles away!

You may know that the fan shroud is different, along with many other underhood pieces, in '84 vs later cars. Then, I wanted my car to look like an '87 and get cooler air into the SuperRam.

Corvette(s)
    84 Gold, Black Wheels
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by WhalePirot View Post
    I opted, following suggestions from Jim inject usa many years ago, to use a 1990 Camaro ECM that I bought from him, along with a blank chip. Jim was a great resource, though others can alter a harness. the ECM is still in the original location.

I also sent my harness to Jim and bought the few sensors needed. It's a big job. Remember to change all rubber in the fuel feed lines leading from the new, higher pressure fuel pump in the tank! I had a burst; the one inside the tank, TG, and Jim answered his phone and suggested it as the no-start problem from 2500 miles away!

You may know that the fan shroud is different, along with many other underhood pieces, in '84 vs later cars. Then, I wanted my car to look like an '87 and get cooler air into the SuperRam.
    My fuel injection system has its own computer and wiring harness (edelbrock pro flo xt) and I was told at one time to buy a 87 wiring harness and computer. Put it in the 84 and start intergrating from there. What did the blank chip do for you? Not sure what a blank chip does

Corvette(s)
    84 Z51 two tone bronze coupe 85 black on black
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I have a harness to make your 84 crossfire into a tuned port injection or lt-1 or miniram. If you are interested I could sell it to you, it comes with a computer, full wire harness, sensors, it is all labeled, instruction book and brackets to move youe accessories out of the way. It is made by howell. Make me an offer.