Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default crossfire equipped cars

i was always wondering what cars all had the crossfire in it during its short run.. i know the vette the camaro and firebird did but did anything else have it.. and what was the number produced during that time frame

Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.
    James Madison

http://www.myspace.com/hotshotzny

http://www.myspace.com/bill772

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

'82 and '84 Corvette. '82 and '83 Z/28 and Trans Am.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

25,407 82 crossfire vettes and 51,547 84 corvettes, and including camaros and firebirds about 200,000 total. Alot of people have changed them to carbs and tuned port injection and some LSx engines. They seem to get more rare every year. I'm keeping my 84 vette crossfire and adding a renegade intake manifold. If you want a carb or TPI just buy another vette, they are cheap enough right now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by nelson84 View Post
    25,407 82 crossfire vettes and 51,547 84 corvettes, and including camaros and firebirds about 200,000 total. Alot of people have changed them to carbs and tuned port injection and some LSx engines. They seem to get more rare every year. I'm keeping my 84 vette crossfire and adding a renegade intake manifold. If you want a carb or TPI just buy another vette, they are cheap enough right now.

did you order the renegade?? i really want to but my mad money fund has been tapped into quite a bit this spring with 3 wedings, 4 grad parties and countless birthdays... im gonna do it but need to re-coop a bit before i do.... right now i couldnt be happier with my car

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Yes I ordered mine, it should be made in July and shipped in late July. They sat 33 rear wheel HP and 16 lb/ft of torque. At the flywheel you will have 242.95 hp. I would think it would give you mid 14 second 1/4 mile times and low 14's with exhaust mods. I removed my cat and put a random technologies cat on and it made a big difference.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

i just put on muffler eliminators and a new rear y pipe.. sounds real nice and gave me a little more oomph.... ive never tried any 1/4 mile or 0-60 times.... too many troopers on the roads here to speed any way.. i just sound fast

i really want to do the renegade but my next purchase is going to be wheels and tires i think.. i hate my wheels mpre than anything and sure if i put 4 hours into it i can make em shine a bit but to me its like polishing a turd

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by hotshotzny View Post
    i just put on muffler eliminators and a new rear y pipe.. sounds real nice and gave me a little more oomph.... ive never tried any 1/4 mile or 0-60 times.... too many troopers on the roads here to speed any way.. i just sound fast

i really want to do the renegade but my next purchase is going to be wheels and tires i think.. i hate my wheels mpre than anything and sure if i put 4 hours into it i can make em shine a bit but to me its like polishing a turd
    I know what you mean about the wheels. Until two years ago I always said that I didn't like the early C4's. Turns out it was the wheels throwing me off all along. Now I have one with custom wheels that I'm getting attached to. Live and learn I guess.
    All fast cars are fun but, an old Vette is a work of art.

John G.

Click this link for information on CAC group parking at Mid America's FunFest for Corvette 2011. Sept 16th-18th. http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/...ml#post1072312

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by hotshotzny View Post

I like torque thrust II wheels made by american racing, these ones are 17x9.5 and are polished not chrome but I think you can get chrome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Just to kind of throw it out there, there were over 600,000 cfi cars built between 82 and 84. This includes the Corvette, Camaro and Firebirds/TA.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
    Just to kind of throw it out there, there were over 600,000 cfi cars built between 82 and 84. This includes the Corvette, Camaro and Firebirds/TA.

Weren't there also some pickup trucks that had the Crossfires? It seems like I read somewhere there were.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by toobroketoretire View Post
    Weren't there also some pickup trucks that had the Crossfires? It seems like I read somewhere there were.
    No, but they did have a simular two barrel TB without the CF setup.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
    No, but they did have a simular two barrel TB without the CF setup.

Now that you mention it, I have seen one of those 2-barrel throttle bodies mounted on a conventional looking dual plane manifold. It was on a 350" truck engine that my local parts store/machine shop was rebuilding. I remember measuring the bores of the throttle body and I believe they were the same size as the Crossfire throttle bodies.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I converted my 84 from cfi to truck style tbi, best thing I've ever done, the computer for the cfi will run it just fine. I can use any dual plane intake that I can fit under my hood. Most modern carb. style intakes are superior to any older cross ram style intakes anyways. Seems like Eldelbrock is always updating their old reliable intake every few years, the performer intake for the SBC.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by ex-x-fire View Post
    I converted my 84 from cfi to truck style tbi, best thing I've ever done, the computer for the cfi will run it just fine. I can use any dual plane intake that I can fit under my hood. Most modern carb. style intakes are superior to any older cross ram style intakes anyways. Seems like Eldelbrock is always updating their old reliable intake every few years, the performer intake for the SBC.

My whole problem is I live in California. As such I can't legally switch over to any other kind of intake manifold unless I use the entire system off a later model car; computer and wiring harness included. So that's why the Renegade is so appealing to me. My smog tech will never know unless he unbolts my air cleaner and saw the word RENEGADE across the top. As the cast-in word RENEGADE is completely covered by the air cleaner, my smog tech won't ever notice I've made a manifold change. As I live in a remote area of Fresno County, I only get the sniffer test at two different rpm's. No rollers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Are you gonna paint the intake black? So it doesn't draw attention. We used to have emission testing, but no underhood inspections.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast