Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    Member hotshotzny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    ulster county ny
    Posts
    627
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    0

    Default crossfire equipped cars

    i was always wondering what cars all had the crossfire in it during its short run.. i know the vette the camaro and firebird did but did anything else have it.. and what was the number produced during that time frame





    Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.
    James Madison



    http://www.myspace.com/hotshotzny

    http://www.myspace.com/bill772

  2. #2
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    0

    Default

    '82 and '84 Corvette. '82 and '83 Z/28 and Trans Am.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    829
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    0

    Default

    25,407 82 crossfire vettes and 51,547 84 corvettes, and including camaros and firebirds about 200,000 total. Alot of people have changed them to carbs and tuned port injection and some LSx engines. They seem to get more rare every year. I'm keeping my 84 vette crossfire and adding a renegade intake manifold. If you want a carb or TPI just buy another vette, they are cheap enough right now.

  4. #4
    Member hotshotzny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    ulster county ny
    Posts
    627
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nelson84 View Post
    25,407 82 crossfire vettes and 51,547 84 corvettes, and including camaros and firebirds about 200,000 total. Alot of people have changed them to carbs and tuned port injection and some LSx engines. They seem to get more rare every year. I'm keeping my 84 vette crossfire and adding a renegade intake manifold. If you want a carb or TPI just buy another vette, they are cheap enough right now.

    did you order the renegade?? i really want to but my mad money fund has been tapped into quite a bit this spring with 3 wedings, 4 grad parties and countless birthdays... im gonna do it but need to re-coop a bit before i do.... right now i couldnt be happier with my car

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    829
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    0

    Default

    Yes I ordered mine, it should be made in July and shipped in late July. They sat 33 rear wheel HP and 16 lb/ft of torque. At the flywheel you will have 242.95 hp. I would think it would give you mid 14 second 1/4 mile times and low 14's with exhaust mods. I removed my cat and put a random technologies cat on and it made a big difference.

  6. #6
    Member hotshotzny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    ulster county ny
    Posts
    627
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    0

    Default

    i just put on muffler eliminators and a new rear y pipe.. sounds real nice and gave me a little more oomph.... ive never tried any 1/4 mile or 0-60 times.... too many troopers on the roads here to speed any way.. i just sound fast

    i really want to do the renegade but my next purchase is going to be wheels and tires i think.. i hate my wheels mpre than anything and sure if i put 4 hours into it i can make em shine a bit but to me its like polishing a turd

  7. #7
    Member JohnGrawcock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Kokomo, IN
    Posts
    318
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hotshotzny View Post
    i just put on muffler eliminators and a new rear y pipe.. sounds real nice and gave me a little more oomph.... ive never tried any 1/4 mile or 0-60 times.... too many troopers on the roads here to speed any way.. i just sound fast

    i really want to do the renegade but my next purchase is going to be wheels and tires i think.. i hate my wheels mpre than anything and sure if i put 4 hours into it i can make em shine a bit but to me its like polishing a turd
    I know what you mean about the wheels. Until two years ago I always said that I didn't like the early C4's. Turns out it was the wheels throwing me off all along. Now I have one with custom wheels that I'm getting attached to. Live and learn I guess.
    All fast cars are fun but, an old Vette is a work of art.

    John G.

    Click this link for information on CAC group parking at Mid America's FunFest for Corvette 2011. Sept 16th-18th. http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/...ml#post1072312

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    829
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hotshotzny View Post
    i just put on muffler eliminators and a new rear y pipe.. sounds real nice and gave me a little more oomph.... ive never tried any 1/4 mile or 0-60 times.... too many troopers on the roads here to speed any way.. i just sound fast

    i really want to do the renegade but my next purchase is going to be wheels and tires i think.. i hate my wheels mpre than anything and sure if i put 4 hours into it i can make em shine a bit but to me its like polishing a turd
    I like torque thrust II wheels made by american racing, these ones are 17x9.5 and are polished not chrome but I think you can get chrome.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ.
    Posts
    124
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    0

    Default

    Just to kind of throw it out there, there were over 600,000 cfi cars built between 82 and 84. This includes the Corvette, Camaro and Firebirds/TA.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Yemen
    Posts
    1,026
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
    Just to kind of throw it out there, there were over 600,000 cfi cars built between 82 and 84. This includes the Corvette, Camaro and Firebirds/TA.

    Weren't there also some pickup trucks that had the Crossfires? It seems like I read somewhere there were.

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ.
    Posts
    124
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by toobroketoretire View Post
    Weren't there also some pickup trucks that had the Crossfires? It seems like I read somewhere there were.
    No, but they did have a simular two barrel TB without the CF setup.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Yemen
    Posts
    1,026
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
    No, but they did have a simular two barrel TB without the CF setup.

    Now that you mention it, I have seen one of those 2-barrel throttle bodies mounted on a conventional looking dual plane manifold. It was on a 350" truck engine that my local parts store/machine shop was rebuilding. I remember measuring the bores of the throttle body and I believe they were the same size as the Crossfire throttle bodies.

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    wi.
    Posts
    127
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    0

    Default

    I converted my 84 from cfi to truck style tbi, best thing I've ever done, the computer for the cfi will run it just fine. I can use any dual plane intake that I can fit under my hood. Most modern carb. style intakes are superior to any older cross ram style intakes anyways. Seems like Eldelbrock is always updating their old reliable intake every few years, the performer intake for the SBC.

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Yemen
    Posts
    1,026
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ex-x-fire View Post
    I converted my 84 from cfi to truck style tbi, best thing I've ever done, the computer for the cfi will run it just fine. I can use any dual plane intake that I can fit under my hood. Most modern carb. style intakes are superior to any older cross ram style intakes anyways. Seems like Eldelbrock is always updating their old reliable intake every few years, the performer intake for the SBC.

    My whole problem is I live in California. As such I can't legally switch over to any other kind of intake manifold unless I use the entire system off a later model car; computer and wiring harness included. So that's why the Renegade is so appealing to me. My smog tech will never know unless he unbolts my air cleaner and saw the word RENEGADE across the top. As the cast-in word RENEGADE is completely covered by the air cleaner, my smog tech won't ever notice I've made a manifold change. As I live in a remote area of Fresno County, I only get the sniffer test at two different rpm's. No rollers.

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    wi.
    Posts
    127
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    0

    Default

    Are you gonna paint the intake black? So it doesn't draw attention. We used to have emission testing, but no underhood inspections.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. crossfire
    By aja37 in forum CrossFire Injection Mine
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02-06-07, 06:50 PM
  2. Caveat Emptor - Expo Motor Cars, Houston (long)
    By FlyNLow in forum C5 General Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-03-04, 07:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •