Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bugs

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

A dab of smooth peanut butter works great to remove bugs and tar....

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by vett boy View Post
    Clear bra installed by GM Junkie.Bugs float off with a garden hose I don't use license plates front or rear.
    Thats probly because of the 3 coats of "Liquid ICE by Turtle Wax" I applied before you picked up your car!!

Mine doesn't have a Clear Bra yet and the Bugs just rinse right Off with little or No Scrubbing too!!

Attn. Viet Nam Vett
    My 3M Clear Bra came yesterday,do you want a "Free" lesson on installing them?? Come on down!!
    It's got so it seems to me that the Internet has created a lot more Horses A$$'s than we have Horses!
    junk!~!!
    Founding Member: 10 Corvettes Anonymous

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Did Someone Say "Bugs"

Remo

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Bug and Tar Remover with Wax

Quote Originally Posted by cscarlson View Post
    I will ask the experts here... how do you get the bug marks off the front of your corvette around the license plate
    Some of the responses to your question must come from folks who don't live n the country! I live in the South; 16 miles from town and starting in April bugs are a major issue when driving fast (why else do you have a Corvette!)
    I had purchased a product at a car show I used on my truck, wife's car and my street rod. It came in a spray can and was expensive. Only thing I have found that matches it without using a product that rquires washing and waxing after- is Turtle Wax Bug & Tar Remover with Wax (not the pre car wash stuff.) It works for me IF I use it when I come into the garage not wating for the bug juice to etch into the surface! I also use it on my wife’s black Cayenne although it is harder to see bugs on a black car so some of the bugs I remove are no doubt days old. Just spray it on and let it stand for a minute (I wait longer on her car since they may be several days old.) Then remove the bugs and polish with a micro fiber cloth. I do keep a good coat of wax on, especially the front and back of the mirrors. The turtle wax helps provide the extra wax as well. PS I have no affiliation with the company etc, etc!
    Jerry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12