Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Simoniz

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Simoniz

I had a buddy who just bought a new vette and had it simonized before it left the dealer. Whats the advantages and disadvantages to having this done? The dealer also wanted to do the interior!

Simoniz
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I would not let anyone else have the pleasure of waxing my Vette! Why would you pay someone to do this, especially on a new one? You can purchase your own wax that equals or surpasses Simoniz and do it your self, and probably do a more thorough and far better job
    1986 "Bright Red" COUPE - Aluminum Heads,
    Sport Seats, Bose, Ultra-Flo Exhaust,
    Automatic, Bilsteins - "Mostly Original" otherwise.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Dealers will offer anything to get an extra buck if you let them. They will BAMBOOZLE you to do the paint to protect it from acid rain.........Nothing stops acid rain spots here in southwest Virginia. Then they will try to HORNSWOGGLE you to think you need the interior detailed ??????? The car is brand new, just give me the car already!!!
    Billy

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by johnohio View Post
    I had a buddy who just bought a new vette and had it simonized before it left the dealer. Whats the advantages and disadvantages to having this done? The dealer also wanted to do the interior!
    Cost is probably one disadvantage.

I told my dealer 9 years ago to not touch my car with their protection product when it comes off the delivery truck. I'd just be taking it off when I got it home. I haven't found one dealer product yet that will hold up as well as mine (durability) and look half as good after one month.
    Jack Urban
    2001 Corvette Coupe, Torch Red/Torch Red, 1SC, F45, MX0, G92, N73, C2L, V49, B34, B84, UN0
    2010 Acadia, Red Jewel/Light Titanium, SLT-2, C3U, FE9, R9N, UUM, MH6, PDC, QD6, V92, VK3
    2011 Corvette ZR1, Inferno Orange/Dark Titanium. 3ZR, Q68, U3U, VEB, VK3
    Midwest Early Corvette Club
    National Corvette Museum Lifetime Membership #865
    Previously owned Corvette: 1980 White/Dark Blue L48
    Nebraska Zaino Distributor (ending distributorship at end of 2017, reducing stock drastically until then)

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I am going to be a little rude here, but they give "car polishers" minimum wage to very quickly polish your new vette. Do you think that they use good materials - microfiber towels and ($$)polish or even care about the grit that gets on the paint?
    Also I doubt that they hand polish. They all use machines. One bad move and they remove 5 years of paint. I always put into the contract that NO dealer logo/ad stick-ons are to be applied.
    MANY years ago while in a dealer showroom (Don Allen, NYC), I watched a car preparer install a dealer (white metal) logo with 2 tiny sheet metal screws on a NEW '65 Vette. the first hole drilled went well but the second walked. Not a pretty sight.