$projecthp
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I don't want a project right now, so I'll pass. The job market is terrible right now--I'm down to one client I am actively doing work for, so while I have the TIME, I don't have the MONEY.

You know what most of my money is tied up in right now anyway. At least... it WAS my money, but now it is in somebody else's pocket. I can't wait for this to be overwith!!!!!!!!

Thank you for letting me know though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

You know, it's funny how all these C8s keep becoming available when I'm not available. Actually... wait... that's not funny at all.

*sigh*

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

OK, but I am not sure why you think it is a project

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Unless it's a deal I'd be stupid to refuse, I don't have much interest in buying a C8 that needs work to be perfect. I've been told this car is rusty on the underside, has an interior that looks very bad for its age, and that it has been sitting outside for years in the sun and likely snow.

I'd prefer to get one that hasn't been sitting outside as a mobile banner ad to get people in a store (which is apparently the main purpose of this car). I don't mean to sound rude, but it's my completely honest answer. I want one that isn't going to rust away on me if I keep it 40 years, and I'm pretty sure this blue one isn't the right choice...

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Brandon, please do not take this the wrong way when I say, you should consider buying a C8 as a used car vs. a show car.

There is a big difference, especially since the newest C8 would be 7 yrs old now and most being 12 years old, or more...

When I was looking for a Buick Grand National, I knew I wanted an 87. Many were tired horses and ragged out. The pristine ones were ~ 20-25k in price and the junk was 5-7k. I paid 8.5k and was happy however, it had a few paint issues, some previous scratches, checking, etc.

Mechanically, the car was fine - although the turbo went out at 64k mi. Dealer records from Buick showed warranty work for the turbo at 44k and 20, respectively.

I had to adjust the t tops (myself) when they leaked in water and there was a fan relay that I traced, and later a ballast. No biggie, I bought the car at a fair price and expected to put some sweat equity into the car...

When I sold the car, I got 7,900 for it, with 20k mi added. Not bad I figured...

So if you could get a C8 - a REAL C8, not a body package car and get it for a fair price, would you???

With the cars few and far between, I thought I would offer this perspective

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

You make good points, but since I'm in no hurry to get one, I really don't need to jump on the first one available. Plenty of time. I have many years ahead to get one. Might be best to wait until after my insurance goes down when I'm 25 anyway, though it's hard to wait.

I'm not particularly attracted to this blue one, because I'm turned off on the idea of buying one that has been in so many of the elements. This probably wouldn't bother many people, but it bothers me.

I may be replacing my daily driver later this year, or early next year, so depending on what I get, I may delay the C8 even further. The new Camaro comes out next spring, and might be worth putting my name on the waiting list for.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

...the blue one, is really silver - but you probably know that. It is a "car wrap" and comes off easily

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Yes, I know that.

The things I have heard about that car may have been blown out of proportion (I don't know), but I can say with some certainty that it hasn't been garaged in some time. I've been told that it's used as a billboard practically to drive traffic into the store it is parked at.

I don't want to spread unconfirmed rumors about it without knowing for sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Geez! They're really coming out of the woodwork now! It's about time!

You might recall I originally came to this message board looking for high res C8 pictures, and honestly, I never got any until I received pics of the wrecked teal C8, and then the other day when I found these of the blue vinyl covered one. But check these out! These are pics of the one that was for sale on Corvette Total several months ago!

This one is based on a '97 Camaro based on the tail lamps and dash.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123