$projecthp
  • Auto transport - Anybody used Thomas Sunday?
  • Auto transport - Anybody used Thomas Sunday?
  • Auto transport - Anybody used Thomas Sunday?
  • Auto transport - Anybody used Thomas Sunday?

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    413
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    0

    Default Auto transport - Anybody used Thomas Sunday?

    I'm getting some quotes to transport my car to shows. These guys seem pretty competitive, but I've never used them.

    Anybody out there have opinions?
    Thanks,
    Jonstr

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Ledyard, CT.
    Posts
    518
    Corvette(s)
    95 Callaway LM CR-1, 96 SN, 98 CS AND C-16
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonstr View Post
    I'm getting some quotes to transport my car to shows. These guys seem pretty competitive, but I've never used them.

    Anybody out there have opinions?
    We are using them right now.
    They picked up the car eight days later than promised.
    They called and said they would pick up the car Tuesday of this week, then later called and said Wednesday morning.
    They picked up the car late Wednesday evening.
    I hope they do better when they bring the car home, i don't want to have someone waiting around for days for them to show up.

  3. #3
    TurboLuigi
    Guest

    Default

    Just an FYI, In the past I have used Passport Transport and Reliable and they both have been very professional, timely, reasonably priced, and have top notch equipment.

    -Luigi

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    413
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John H. Christensen View Post
    We are using them right now.
    They picked up the car eight days later than promised.
    They called and said they would pick up the car Tuesday of this week, then later called and said Wednesday morning.
    They picked up the car late Wednesday evening.
    I hope they do better when they bring the car home, i don't want to have someone waiting around for days for them to show up.
    Thanks John, that's helpful. Given that I need it there on a specific day for the show, that doesn't sound promising.

    Quote Originally Posted by TurboLuigi View Post
    Just an FYI, In the past I have used Passport Transport and Reliable and they both have been very professional, timely, reasonably priced, and have top notch equipment.

    -Luigi
    Thanks Luigi. I've used Passport in the past also, and have a quote from them (they have since been bought out by FedEx, BTW). I've gotten quotes from a few others, both Intercity and Reliable said they could not make the dates for the show.

  5. #5
    Member Brangeta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    1,767
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    0

    Default

    Callaway should make a SuperNatural Peterbilt. That's what I would call hauling @$$.

  6. #6
    Member FX GS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Camp Hill, PA
    Posts
    639
    Corvette(s)
    Formally Callaway SuperNatural Grand Sport #0001
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    0

    Default

    I've used Thomas Sunday a few times and got great service. By the way, Thomas Sunday used to race in the Corvette Challange series.
    His main office is actually located only a few miles from where I live and if I ever have to have my Callaway shipped again, he will be the first choice.

  7. #7
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    0

    Default

    You can also try Plycon. They transported the Callaway C16 to LA in record time and for the best price. The first time I have had a car delivered earlier than promised.
    http://www.plycarllc.com/

  8. #8
    Member redb2k's's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    450
    Corvette(s)
    Lots of vettes-several b2k's
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    0

    Default

    I like Intercities.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    413
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    0

    Default

    Thanks for the info, everyone. I got a great price and schedule from Plycon, however for now I am going to plan to trailer the car out for the show myself. I hope to see you all in Bowling Green!
    Thanks,
    Jonstr

Similar Threads

  1. Auto transport companies
    By tnovot in forum C4 General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-17-06, 10:57 PM
  2. Auto Transport - who do you suggest?
    By irf in forum C3 General Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-03-04, 07:57 AM
  3. Up dated 2004 Inventory with deep discounts!!!
    By Rick Daniel in forum C5 Corvettes For Sale
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-19-03, 10:42 AM
  4. Using an auto transport
    By t78 in forum Care & Detailing
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-08-01, 03:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •