$projecthp
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    L.A.,CAL.
    Posts
    38
    Corvette(s)
    2016 Blacki Sting Ray
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    0

    Default Telephone wont work

    Help! I have a 2016 Sting Ray.I paired my Android Samsung phone to the car.No problem with the pairing.I can call out using my phone through the Blue tooth but I can't receive incoming calls.I can hear it ringing but it won't connect. I installed an Infotainment GPS Module and it works perfectly.The agency worked on my car all day and I drove out of the agency with a hefty bill. but no luck the phone wont connect. The agency said someone changed the settings in the computer. That doesn't sound right because no one worked on the car.the car has 3750 miles on it.If some one messed with the car I would think the car wouldn't allow me to call out.I am at a loss plus I spent a lot of money for nothing. Any assistance with this problem will be greatly appreciated.Oh,the agency said the GPS was part of the problem as it wasn't installed at the factory. Thanks to all who answer my thread,Rod

  2. #2
    Technical Writer for Internet & Print Media
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    CenCoast CA
    Posts
    11,936
    Corvette(s)
    71 04 12 19
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    0

    Default

    Have you removed or disabled the GPS then tried to pair your phone?
    Hib Halverson

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    L.A.,CAL.
    Posts
    38
    Corvette(s)
    2016 Blacki Sting Ray
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hib Halverson View Post
    Have you removed or disabled the GPS then tried to pair your phone?
    Hi,I tried to disable the GPS and when I removed the cables from the module ,the car wouldn't start and I couldn't pair the phone again.The module must be activated to pair the radio and install phone numbers. I have played with this damn thing for 5 months and I haven't gotten any where,but last night thr idea came to me.For the phone to work MAYBE I have to install the number in the contact list to make a connection.This is my next attempt.If this doesn't work I am going to trade this car in on a Mustang.

  4. #4
    Technical Writer for Internet & Print Media
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    CenCoast CA
    Posts
    11,936
    Corvette(s)
    71 04 12 19
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    0

    Default

    You're going to trade it in on a Mustang because the aftermarket GPS you installed has fouled up the OE infotainment system?

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    L.A.,CAL.
    Posts
    38
    Corvette(s)
    2016 Blacki Sting Ray
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    0

    Default No

    Quote Originally Posted by Hib Halverson View Post
    You're going to trade it in on a Mustang because the aftermarket GPS you installed has fouled up the OE infotainment system?
    No sir,just a pun. Love this car too much to do that.

  6. #6
    Member LLC5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Wa.
    Posts
    2,281
    Corvette(s)
    98 black 6spd convert.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rod Brown View Post
    Help! I have a 2016 Sting Ray.I paired my Android Samsung phone to the car.No problem with the pairing.I can call out using my phone through the Blue tooth but I can't receive incoming calls.I can hear it ringing but it won't connect. I installed an Infotainment GPS Module and it works perfectly.The agency worked on my car all day and I drove out of the agency with a hefty bill. but no luck the phone wont connect. The agency said someone changed the settings in the computer. That doesn't sound right because no one worked on the car.the car has 3750 miles on it.If some one messed with the car I would think the car wouldn't allow me to call out.I am at a loss plus I spent a lot of money for nothing. Any assistance with this problem will be greatly appreciated.Oh,the agency said the GPS was part of the problem as it wasn't installed at the factory. Thanks to all who answer my thread,Rod


    Who installed the aftermarket GPS that you are referring to?

    Who is the "agency" that worked on your car all day?
    Master Technician

    25+ year ASE Master Certified Tech

    22+ year Honda Master Tech

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    L.A.,CAL.
    Posts
    38
    Corvette(s)
    2016 Blacki Sting Ray
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    0

    Default Telephone won't receiver incoming calls

    Quote Originally Posted by LLC5 View Post
    Who installed the aftermarket GPS that you are referring to?

    Who is the "agency" that worked on your car all day?
    I installed the module.Not difficult to do.Just loosen the fasteners on each side ,remove the wires and the module is loose.The wires will only fit in the module one way.They are color coded and its impossible to install the wires incorrectly. The dealer that worked on my car ,attempting to correct the problem is Keyes Chevrolet in Van Nuys ,Calif..The tech who worked on my car said the computer programs were changed and that is the reason the phone won't receive calls.
    Last edited by Rod Brown; 11-19-17 at 10:58 PM. Reason: misspelled word

Similar Threads

  1. Help! tilt wont work
    By jackson89 in forum C5 Technical and Performance
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-27-08, 03:46 PM
  2. Help! auto a/c wont work help!
    By phoenix in forum C4 Technical and Performance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-17-08, 01:25 PM
  3. Low Beams wont work
    By benwaw in forum C5 Technical and Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-22-06, 01:44 PM
  4. Keyless Entry - wont work.
    By bsmurf1962 in forum C4 Technical and Performance
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 11-25-02, 11:34 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •