• Strange Transmission noise

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Torque tube

It's now 41 days and still waiting for Gm to wrap this ugly mess up. 41 days of driving a rental car. I am so sick of GM's bs I am sure this will be the last GM product I ever buy.I cannot put into words how truly nauseated I am. $85K for a car and nothing but a headache. I just received an email from GM's "repurchase" headquarters saying that they hope to wrap up the closing of my new Vette by Monday. If they really cared about their customers I think they could do better than that. I have been a cheerleader for Corvettes since my first one in 1993 when I was forced to give up riding Harleys due to my 3rd broken vertebrae from inattentive drivers. I had 5 of those when I was forced to sell them and buy my first Vette. Since then I have bought 11 of them. My first Vette gave me a feeling similar to riding my Harley with a cage encompassing me. It was as close as I could get to riding a bike on 4 wheels. I never looked back and enthusiastically bought Vette after Vette with each new one being better than the last, until this 2017 Grand Sport. If I ever get a replacement it will make an even dozen. Sadly I must conclude that GM has given up caring about owners of their products. This experience has certainly turned me off their products as much as the the millionaire cry babies of the NFL have made me boycott that sport. Gm was once a proud company run by people who actually cared about the product and the people who bought them. No more. I won't go so far as to sell all of my Gm products I presently own but, I promise you I will not buy another new car from them EVER. I just added all of the money I have spent Corvette since 1983 and came up with approximately $530,000. Just on Vettes. You would think that would get someone's attention. I just hope that no one has to live through hell Gm has put me through. I wouldn't wish this on ANYONE.
    2017 Grand Sport Admiral Blue
    2014 Premier Edition Z51
    2010 Grand Sport
    1990 White ZR1
    1972 Nova SS
    67 RS Camaro
    66 El Camino
    55 2 Door Wagon

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Day 47befoer

Now I am told that the dealer, Henderson Chevrolet is waiting for a fax from Gm before they can proceed. If this is GMs "process" I would say they need to rethink this "process". I pulled my 72 SS Nova out of storage on Monday. Tired of driving a Cruz for 40 plus days. I might take the 90 ZR1 out storage this weekend if I am not driving my new Grand Sport by then. I am sick up and fed of GMs "process". I keep remembering the line from Silence of the Lambs "all good things come to those who wait, Clarice".
    Also, I would like to ask everyone to say a prayer for all those we lost to a sad, unstable idiot who is hopefully burning in Hell for all eternity. Las Vegas has had its share of tragedies but, this one is truly heart breaking.
    2014 Premier Edition Z51
    2010 Grand Sport
    1990 White ZR1
    1972 Nova SS
    67 RS Camaro
    66 El Camino
    55 2 Door Wagon

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default At Long Last

Finally finished all the GM "process" paperwork and have taken delivery of another 2017 Grand Sport. This one is Blue with the white center stripe and red Heritage stripes on the fenders. I honestly thought I would die before we finished all of this crap. Been driving it for a week and I am extremely glad I went back to a manual transmission. I had crushed my left leg when I was 19 and have had pain in that leg EVERY day since but, I thought not having to use a clutch might help some of the daily pain. I found out the hard way it made no difference. All is well that ends well I guess. Just happy to be able to wave at fellow Corvette owners again without them thinking I was an idiot. I would forget I was in a rental car. Now the only auto trans car I have at the house is my wife's Ford Flex and my 57 Bel Air. Life is good again. Thanks to everybody on this site. Still the best Vette site anywhere.
    2014 Premier Edition Z51
    2010 Grand Sport
    1990 White ZR1
    1972 Nova SS
    67 RS Camaro
    66 El Camino
    55 2 Door Wagon
    Likes Hib Halverson liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Congrats on the manual three pedal choice.

Pulling a flappy paddle, or pushing a steering wheel button is just not the same.
    Master Technician

25+ year ASE Master Certified Tech

22+ year Honda Master Tech
    Likes vett boy, korvettekarl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Thanks and, you are correct about the pedals. NEVER again.
    2014 Premier Edition Z51
    2010 Grand Sport
    1990 White ZR1
    1972 Nova SS
    67 RS Camaro
    66 El Camino
    55 2 Door Wagon

Technical Writer for Internet & Print Media
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Hey Karl-

Glad to hear you FINALLY got GM to buy the other car back.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Thanks Hib. It was a long and SLOW process. Glad to back in a manual.
    2014 Premier Edition Z51
    2010 Grand Sport
    1990 White ZR1
    1972 Nova SS
    67 RS Camaro
    66 El Camino
    55 2 Door Wagon

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Shuddering

Is this anything like the infamous SHUDDERING THAT HAPPENS BETWEEN 55-80 MPH. MINE STARTED 6600 MILES AND I HAVE READ SEVERAL WITH THE SAME PROBLEM 2015 Z51

corvette addict

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Shiddering

No I never had that problem. The torque tube bearing kept failing. First at 6 months then 2 months later then a month later and then a week after the repair. I would hear it when coming to a stop and occasionally when on the freeway and letting off the go fast pedal. Never a shudder. They said the check the crankshaft for end play but they never said if they checked the transaxle which I felt was a more likely culprit.
    2014 Premier Edition Z51
    2010 Grand Sport
    1990 White ZR1
    1972 Nova SS
    67 RS Camaro
    66 El Camino
    55 2 Door Wagon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12