Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Corvette(s)
    1990 ZR-1 - Bright Red / Black
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Interior Design/Options

One of the biggest complaints from Corvette owners and the media is the quality and/or design of the interior of the Corvette.

Many people feel that the C6 interior comes close to European standards, but still misses the boat in some ways.

How would you like to see the interior of the C7 designed, and what options would you like to see in the interior that Corvette Engineers keep missing?

Rob Loszewski, Owner & Site Administrator
    Corvette Action Center
    Cadillac V-Net
    Cadillac XLR Net
    Torque About It
    Torque Network
    VetteTube
    NCRS Member #27792
    "Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt." - Sun Tzu
    1990 Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 , 350 Stock ZF 6-speed. Stock Bright Red

Corvette(s)
    2007 Silver MT Coupe; 2006 Trailblazer SS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I've owned a couple of BMW X5s, and can't say that the interior of the beemer was significantly different or better than the corvette. I often wondered what the fuss was about cuz it never appeared to me that there was that much difference.

That said, I would like to see a fastener on the passenger side seat that held the seat belt in place. With the window down and/or the roof panel out, she likes to slap in the breeze...at speeds never exceeding posted limits of course .

Dave

Corvette(s)
    1990 ZR-1 - Bright Red / Black
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by mylotcat View Post
    I've owned a couple of BMW X5s, and can't say that the interior of the beemer was significantly different or better than the corvette. I often wondered what the fuss was about cuz it never appeared to me that there was that much difference.

That said, I would like to see a fastener on the passenger side seat that held the seat belt in place. With the window down and/or the roof panel out, she likes to slap in the breeze...at speeds never exceeding posted limits of course .

Dave
    I thought I was the only one that had this problem in the ZR-1. It is pretty annoying when you're on the highway and forget to latch the passenger side seatbelt beforehand.
    1990 Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 , 350 Stock ZF 6-speed. Stock Bright Red

Corvette(s)
    2007 Silver MT Coupe; 2006 Trailblazer SS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    I thought I was the only one that had this problem in the ZR-1. It is pretty annoying when you're on the highway and forget to latch the passenger side seatbelt beforehand.

And being anal retentive, it just erks me to have to latch the belt with no one sitting there ... it just does not look "cool."

Corvette(s)
    2002 M.Y. convertible
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I'm still looking for my cupholder.

Corvette(s)
    2005 Magnetic Red Metallic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Interior heat intrusion

Quote Originally Posted by outwest View Post
    I'm still looking for my cupholder.
    I only drive my C6 during nice weather. If we have a nice day but not warm enough to lower the windows or remove the roof panel the interior gets very warm from the heat intrusion through the tunnel.

The cup hold is useless for everything except HOT coffee because it gets so hot. I also have to be carefull about what I place in the console due to the heat.

Improved insulation to isolate the exhaust and drivetrain heat would make the car much nicer to drive, especially in one hour plus trips.

Corvette(s)
    2001 Magnetic Red Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Better Seats

I would like to see a better pair of seats all the way around, perhaps with an Alcantara/Suede option.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

The steering wheel is the same as many of GM's economy models. It's rubbery and cheap looking.

Corvette(s)
    2002 Z06, Red, 1991 ZR-1, Red
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I am a past BMW and Jag owner, and took the time Christmas to study my daughter's 2005 BMW. I would rate my 2002 Z06 better in the fit of the larger parts in the interior, especially where the doors and the dash meet. But where the Japanese and the Europeans are still best in the fit and finish of the small controls, such as radio and other controls. The GM product, though satisfactory, is years behind. More important, though, are the seats. Honestly they are a disgrace. I wish I could just keep my 1991 ZR-1 seats, and just recolor them and move them to each of my cars. Point being, I think we lost ground, and there is no excuse, given the Cadillac seats. As I think about it, though much more attractive, the support of my Z06 seats reminds me more of my old '63 Stingray seats than my ZR-1 seats. That's really a shame. It has a lot more to do with the quality of the driving experience than the fit and feel of the radio controls, and I always hoped that GM would never let the Caddy get the advantage in any important areas such as that when was announce that they were going to build their own "Corvette".

Regards, and good to visit again after a long absence,

Art Colley in Baton Rouge
    2002 Red Z06,
    1991 Red ZR-1
    and gone but not forgotten,
    1663 Red Split Window,
    1965 Shelby AC Cobra Roadster

Corvette(s)
    2001 Z51 navy blue metallic coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by ZR1991 View Post
    I am a past BMW and Jag owner, and took the time Christmas to study my daughter's 2005 BMW. I would rate my 2002 Z06 better in the fit of the larger parts in the interior, especially where the doors and the dash meet. But where the Japanese and the Europeans are still best in the fit and finish of the small controls, such as radio and other controls. The GM product, though satisfactory, is years behind. More important, though, are the seats. Honestly they are a disgrace. I wish I could just keep my 1991 ZR-1 seats, and just recolor them and move them to each of my cars. Point being, I think we lost ground, and there is no excuse, given the Cadillac seats. As I think about it, though much more attractive, the support of my Z06 seats reminds me more of my old '63 Stingray seats than my ZR-1 seats. That's really a shame. It has a lot more to do with the quality of the driving experience than the fit and feel of the radio controls, and I always hoped that GM would never let the Caddy get the advantage in any important areas such as that when was announce that they were going to build their own "Corvette".

Regards, and good to visit again after a long absence,

2002 Red Z06,
    1991 Red ZR-1
    1663 Red Split Window,
    I cannot see what You folks are complaining about, my only complaint is that I cannot spend enough time in mine!remember the wave

Corvette(s)
    2002 Z06, Red, 1991 ZR-1, Red
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Well, that's true. Going to pull the cover off of it right now.
    2002 Red Z06,
    1991 Red ZR-1
    1663 Red Split Window,

art689mail@yahoo.com

Corvette(s)
    2001 Z51 navy blue metallic coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by ZR1991 View Post
    Well, that's true. Going to pull the cover off of it right now.
    It is an addiction that I can live with, and God willing, never outgrow remember the wave. mark

Corvette(s)
    None
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by c5havin View Post
    I cannot see what You folks are complaining about, my only complaint is that I cannot spend enough time in mine!remember the wave
    The complaint is that for a sports car the seats are flimsy and unsupportive. For a car that is capable of generating g-forces at a whim the seats need to provide better lateral support. When driving during an HPDE event I need to brace myself from every angle with my arms and legs to minimize the sliding in the seat. The stock seats need to be improved greatly in this area. Stitching and fabric/leather is secondary to the actual support of the seat itself.

And please don't think that I expect a stock seat to be adequate for HPDE. I just know that I had more lateral support in my '93 Prelude than I've had in any of my Vettes.

Leon

Corvette(s)
    1985 Black Beauty Coupe, 93 Ruby, 96 CE vert
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I don't know if this falls into interior design, but make the paddle shifters on the steering wheel work like in a Ferrari!!!! ...I know we don't have a $250K car here, but the common sense way to work a paddle shifter is to pull up with the right hand, for up shifts, and the left hand pulls up for down shifts. (I think I got that right) For GM this is not a mechanical problem, it's a computer fix, so get a geek out there that does't drive a Pirus(Prius?) and make him fix it!!!!!!!!!!!!