$projecthp
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: C7 LOL

BoeingMan

Quote Originally Posted by XLR8 View Post
    Hmmm. okay - I'll make a prediction and say the new C7 will come out in 2010. That would be a 5 year run for the C6 model, 2005-2009.

Trust me, I just have a feeling for these things.
    Jane Ann
    Totally agree

>

BoeingMan

Quote Originally Posted by elints View Post
    If only they would change the look of the C6 front end. I can't seem to like it no matter how many times I see it.

Honestly, I keep looking for a new vette but the front end look is holding me back.
    Hmmmm, I feel the same way about the tail end as you do about the front end. I love the front end though. The tail makes the side silohette (sp) look like it stops abruptly. It is what holds me back from a trade-in deal.

Ah, who cares the C6 is fine fine fine machine, one of the best!

>

Corvette(s)
    2004 Torch Red Convertible
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default C6 prodution

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    The rumor floating around is that the C6 will see the same production run as the Mid-Years. So it will be interesting to see what happens.
    Spoke with a fellow at our Corvette club's monthly meeting last week. He said that he was able to tour the company that is making carbon fiber fenders for the ZO6 and he mentioned that they stated that their contract runs out in 2010. Do the math! I would expect there would be a redesign at that point.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by garllo View Post
    Spoke with a fellow at our Corvette club's monthly meeting last week. He said that he was able to tour the company that is making carbon fiber fenders for the ZO6 and he mentioned that they stated that their contract runs out in 2010. Do the math! I would expect there would be a redesign at that point.
    That 2010 date makes sense as the corvette production could be moving to the old saturn plant around that time.

5 years on the c6 which is an evolution of the c5 is a good run.

c7? geez...hard to imagine what GM could do to improve on the corvette performance at this point...but I am sure they will manage to think of something.
    C6 Black/blk Z51, NPP exhaust, 1lt, M6/2008 Silver AWD CTS, FE2, 304hp

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Texan1 View Post
    ^^I drove an 06 with paddle shifters and I was like...this feels perfect..........the seating position, view over the long hood, the much improved interior, performance.

Do you know what the performance diff. in 1/4 mi times with paddle shifters vs. regular auto vs. manual transm.?

Are both autos equal in quickness to 60mph and 1/4mi?

what about compared to manual?

Where can I read up on this?

Thanks.
    I'm surprised to never having seen a comparision between the M6 and the A6 in the magazines...both on the track and the drag strip.

I'd bet they are more similiar than any of us would have imagined.

As a matter of fact I don't ever remember seeing the rags like c & D or Motor trend or Road and track even devoting one article to the A6.

Thats bizarre.

Factory performance stats probably show the A6 about a tenth of a second ahead of the A4 (FWIW)

I should probably head down to test drive the A6 just so when the time is right I'll know which to buy...

The M6 clutch issue is ridiculous. Pedal sticking to the floor on about 10% of the Manuals...and GM has no cure.

Corvette(s)
    2002 Torch Red Convertible
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Rumrunner View Post
    I mean no disrespect to C6 owners but I have this same issue with the front end, the non-popup lights are not an issue (maybe a little better design). I am looking forward to a better design for the C7.
    I have to agree. A better design from GM with all the supposed design and engineering resources they have for the C7. Oh, and by the way, the size of the azz on the C-5 has nothing to do with a poor frontal design on the C-6.

A Proud Army Aviation Veteran

"Never run out of real estate, ideas and traction at the same time."

Corvette(s)
    03 Z06,66 coupe(sold),99 Porsche Carrera(sold)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Here's my .02 cents. Sometime soon, the Corvette will be mid-engine, hence the chopped off rear end design for the C6's. If you look at almost all of the mid-engined designs there isn't much of a back end, I think GM is getting us prepared. Picture the C6 with a roofline flowing to the back with a non-wraparound window then picture looking down into it and seeing a LS10. That's right, a 10 cyl engine. A shallow roofline scoop for cooling purposes and huge scoops on its sides for brake cooling and radiator cooling....2 radiators, one on each side. And headlights? I'll let all of you who have their own opinions to exposed vs. pop ups make up their own minds on that.

Corvette(s)
    2002 C5 Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default my quick impression of what a front end should look like

Here is something a little closer to the way I think GM should be going for when it comes to maybe a new front end for the C7. Slim down the headlights! Make the car meaner looking. I just quickly mocked this up in photoshop, hopefully it gets back to somebody at GM. Feel free for anybody to improve upon.

Brett

Quote Originally Posted by XtremeVette View Post
    Here is something a little closer to the way I think GM should be going for when it comes to maybe a new front end for the C7. Slim down the headlights! Make the car meaner looking. I just quickly mocked this up in photoshop, hopefully it gets back to somebody at GM. Feel free for anybody to improve upon.
    Motor Trend has a similar rendering on the cover of their most recent issue. I agree the C6 could look more sinister up front. It looks like a jack-o-lantern to me at times when viewed head on. I hope they sharpen up the headlights and grill. The side profile, and rear end of the C6 are perfect though, IMO.

Corvette(s)
    03 Z06,66 coupe(sold),99 Porsche Carrera(sold)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Motor Trend has a similar rendering on the cover of their most recent issue. I agree the C6 could look more sinister up front. It looks like a jack-o-lantern to me at times when viewed head on. I hope they sharpen up the headlights and grill. The side profile, and rear end of the C6 are perfect though, IMO.
    I just received my monthly issue of Motor Trend and I think the Corvette on the cover resembles a combination of Ferrari's. Those side vents on the front fenders need to go. I like the headlights, much better than those on the current models. The high side crease looks good too. I'd like to see the C7 Corvette come with wide flared fenders front and rear. Lower the car too. Get back to the old "Coke bottle" shape.

Corvette(s)
    2008 vert 6M silver
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by XLR8 View Post
    Hmmm. okay - I'll make a prediction and say the new C7 will come out in 2010. That would be a 5 year run for the C6 model, 2005-2009.

Trust me, I just have a feeling for these things.
    Jane Ann
    I'll see your 2010 and raise ya one.(2011)

Corvette(s)
    1984 4+3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

i heard that the c7 was coming in 2012....

Corvette(s)
    96 Collectors Edition LT4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Just read today the C7 will be much lighter than C6. Drivetrain layout will be front engine / rear drive.

Engine will be 4.7L V-8. Will be faster than base C6.

SAVE THE

An attendee at all the CruiseFests including the one which never happened.

Autosig (Shadow) A

Corvette(s)
    2008 Crystal Red Tint Coat
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Vettepirate View Post
    Im not big on the rear end, it looks like it was chopped off, too angular when compared to the front if you ask me. Its a nice car but i find myself reminded of certain Japanese makes.

Maybe they could go back to a Stingray kind of design. I tend to think that the C6 is one of those stopgap generations, especially if the run is going to be only 4-5 years, which might mean a big redesign considering the C6 was not vastly different than the C5.
    all you C-5 owners say that because you have never driven one. i have owned 3 C-5s and 2 C-6s and there is a BIG difference. the C-7 will be a 2012 model
    retired race engine builder,former NASCAR tech inspector,corvette owner since 1959, new corvettes owned,59,62,63,64,65,66,97,99,02,05, 2008 is in my garage, 2008 sold and waiting for my C-7

Corvette(s)
    2000 Black Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

help me out.... have you been talking about the Toyota C7 in 2010??
    You know the one with the Tundra V8 and 6 speed auto.
    A plastic Solara?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast