$projecthp
Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Corvette(s)
    2017 Grand Sport 2lt. Watkins Glen Gray
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Electrical problem

I thought I would pass this on to C7 owners in case this happens to your car. Within a few days after taking delivery of my 2017 Grand Sport, the left-front turn signal stopped working. I took it back to the dealer. I was told that the entire turn signal/headlight assembly needed to be replaced because the turn signal bulbs are of the LED type. So, GM shipped a new assembly to my dealer. The dealer installed the new assembly, but it didn't work either. Eventually, it was discovered that the real problem was with a small computerized module box which actually controls the turn signal. So, GM shipped a new module box, which finally fixed the problem. The module box replacement process took 3.5 hours. They had to remove the front clip and left-front tire for access.
    Last edited by C7808; 11-10-16 at 06:03 AM.
    Likes MacMulkin Chevrolet liked this post

Supporting Dealer MacMulkin Chevrolet's Avatar
    Corvette(s)
    1990 Corvette ZR-1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Good to know! Thanks for posting this!!
    We are one of the top Corvette Dealers in the world!

MacMulkin Corvette does NOT charge any admin or doc fees. The price we quote is the price you pay.

Call 603-888-1121 or Contact Us today!
    Corvette Incentives
    MacMulkin Corvette Site

Follow Us On:
    Facebook
    Pinterest
    Twitter

Save

Corvette(s)
    2015 Z51 Black/Black
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Little thigy broken

Quote Originally Posted by C7808 View Post
    I thought I would pass this on to C7 owners in case this happens to your car. Within a few days after taking delivery of my 2017 Grand Sport, the left-front turn signal stopped working. I took it back to the dealer. I was told that the entire turn signal/headlight assembly needed to be replaced because the turn signal bulbs are of the LED type. So, GM shipped a new assembly to my dealer. The dealer installed the new assembly, but it didn't work either. Eventually, it was discovered that the real problem was with a small computerized module box which actually controls the turn signal. So, GM shipped a new module box, which finally fixed the problem. The module box replacement process took 3.5 hours. They had to remove the front clip and left-front tire for access.
    A few days back to dealer? About like 80,000 bucks. Amazing the gaul of GM to put that out there isn't it?
    I'm sure you were very happy right? It's believable not unbelievable. A world class car a few days? The whole left front its not the fact that stuff happens it just doesn't seem to happen to other$80,000 "world class cars" I'm sure someone can say it can happen to any of them. It just happens to Corvettes a lot. Can you say Jeep Cherokee. I've had 7 of them what can I say?

corvette addict