$projecthp
  • New Body-Colored Vents are now Optional on the 2017 Corvette

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

View Poll Results: What do you think of the new body-colored vents offered for the 2017 Corvette?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Love them!

11 55.00%
  • Hate them!

4 20.00%
  • They're ok

5 25.00%
    Corvette(s)
    1990 ZR-1 - Bright Red / Black
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default New Body-Colored Vents are now Optional on the 2017 Corvette

When the C7 Corvette debuted in Detroit in January of 2013, the car received a lot of criticism for being "too busy" with all of the contrasting black colored vents on the car.

If you're a member of that camp, this should make you warm up a little more to the 2017 C7 Corvette's ground-breaking design.

Chevrolet is now offering body colored vents as an option for your C7 Corvette Stingray. These vents include the air extractor in the hood, side vents, transmission and rear-differential vents on top of the rear quarters and at the top of the rear bumper.

It will be interesting to see how many new owners opt for these body colored vents. Based upon the feedback we've received here at the Corvette Action Center, a lot of people like the black colored vents as they feel it's a nice contrast to the body color and offers more interesting detail than in previous generations of the marque.

Either way, the Corvette Marketing team is making it easier than ever for prospective owners to completely customize their new Corvette. Tell us what you think
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2017-corvette-body-colored-vents-1-jpg   2017-corvette-body-colored-vents-2-jpg   2017-corvette-body-colored-vents-3-jpg   2017-corvette-body-colored-vents-4-jpg   2017-corvette-body-colored-vents-5-jpg  

2017-corvette-body-colored-vents-6-jpg   2017-corvette-body-colored-vents-7-jpg  

Rob Loszewski, Owner & Site Administrator
    Corvette Action Center
    Cadillac V-Net
    Cadillac XLR Net
    Torque About It
    Torque Network
    VetteTube
    NCRS Member #27792
    "Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt." - Sun Tzu
    1990 Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 , 350 Stock ZF 6-speed. Stock Bright Red

Corvette(s)
    2015 Z51 Black/Black
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Body colored vents

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    When the C7 Corvette debuted in Detroit in January of 2013, the car received a lot of criticism for being "too busy" with all of the contrasting black colored vents on the car.

If you're a member of that camp, this should make you warm up a little more to the 2017 C7 Corvette's ground-breaking design.

Chevrolet is now offering body colored vents as an option for your C7 Corvette Stingray. These vents include the air extractor in the hood, side vents, transmission and rear-differential vents on top of the rear quarters and at the top of the rear bumper.

It will be interesting to see how many new owners opt for these body colored vents. Based upon the feedback we've received here at the Corvette Action Center, a lot of people like the black colored vents as they feel it's a nice contrast to the body color and offers more interesting detail than in previous generations of the marque.

Either way, the Corvette Marketing team is making it easier than ever for prospective owners to completely customize their new Corvette. Tell us what you think

Body colored vents were offered on the 2016 C7models. For $1000.00. Wow paint whole car was $1000.00 for '16s. Black has no problem with that. Good ole GM looking after its customers!!

corvette addict

New Body-Colored Vents are now Optional on the 2017 Corvette Tuna's Avatar
    Corvette(s)
    '13 427 60th vert - CTS V Wagon(4-door Vette)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I'm thinking that maybe GM could just place all the vents in the trunk/hatch of each new C7 and let the new owner decide which ones he wants painted black or body color or whatever and let the dealer decide how much to charge for painting them.

Maybe I want the hood vent black or red and the rear vents body color. The side vents silver and the top fender vents in carbon fiber.
    Tuna
    My Novels:
    Crossbow Revenge
    Alice Was Not Her Name
    Antiques To Die For
    HyperDeath

Murder mysteries!

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I like the monochrome look, but leave it to the General to charge extra for nothing. Who do they think they are - Porsche? No wonder sales are in the tank. GM should be looking for ways to encourage would-be buyers, not piss them off.
    Last edited by catbert; 06-07-17 at 03:35 PM.
    There are times for thinking, and times for acting, but the art is in the balance

CruiseFest 2005
    CruiseFest 2006
    CruiseFest 2007
    CruiseFestivus 2009
    CruiseFest 2010
    CruiseFest 2011

CruiseFest 2012

Corvette(s)
    2015 Z51 Black/Black
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default What's another $1000

Quote Originally Posted by catbert View Post
    I like the monochrome look, but leave it to the General to charge extra for nothing. Who do they think they are - Porsche? No wonder sales are in the tank. GM should be looking for ways to encourage would-be buyers, not piss them off.
    Exactly right. Has GM EVER done anything for the Corvette owner except charge them more money? Only if the warranty calls for it. I have had 7 of these things and obvious I like them but GM never misses an opportunity to stick it Corvette owners. I got an e-mail today telling me it was time to update my maps in the Nav. system for 159.95 or 139.95. I don't think the infrastructure has been THAT improved in the last 2 years.

Who else but Corvette would raise the entrance fee to the museum just to show them a hole in the ground?

corvette addict