$projecthp
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    donaldg

Default average wait time

What is the average wait time from placing the order with the dealer until delivery?
    TIA

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Depends on what you order vs. parts (options) availability and plant scheduling. With JIT, delays for parts delivery are not unheard of, and sometimes production runs batches of similar cars. I just heard of a car being produced in a little more than 2 weeks and delivered in a little more than three. I have read of buyers waiting three months too. Simple answer is - it depends, but most dealers will tell you about 6 weeks.
    There are times for thinking, and times for acting, but the art is in the balance

CruiseFest 2005
    CruiseFest 2006
    CruiseFest 2007
    CruiseFestivus 2009
    CruiseFest 2010
    CruiseFest 2011

CruiseFest 2012

donaldg

thanks, I was told by the dealer it would be six weeks, I ordered it three weeks ago , today it is status 3000, but I know there can still be some delays .

donaldg

Might luck out, order placed with dealer on Feb. 26 as of today it has a TPD week of 4-13

Corvette(s)
    2006 C6 Z06 Machine Silver
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default 9 months and counting!

Ordered ZR1 in November, 2017. Still stuck in 1100. I get no answers from dealer or Chevy.com. Dealers is 67th on the allocation list. Another customer order in Jan '17, but order was not placed until Oct. He is 1100 also. I have owned 12 Vetted previously, which the last 3 ordered new...plus a number of Silverado trucks. I guess I'm not the good customer I thought I was. Or maybe it's unlucky #13.

Corvette(s)
    1990 ZR-1 - Bright Red / Black
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by GA.Shadowland View Post
    Ordered ZR1 in November, 2017. Still stuck in 1100. I get no answers from dealer or Chevy.com. Dealers is 67th on the allocation list. Another customer order in Jan '17, but order was not placed until Oct. He is 1100 also. I have owned 12 Vetted previously, which the last 3 ordered new...plus a number of Silverado trucks. I guess I'm not the good customer I thought I was. Or maybe it's unlucky #13.
    Sorry to hear this. ZR1 allocation only comes to dealers once per month at the end of the month. So it makes it difficult for dealers to get all of their orders in for ZR1s.

You stand a better chance of your order being placed and accepted by GM by going through one of the top Corvette dealers in the country, rather than one of the smaller ones.

I believe the factory is only building 10 ZR1s per day. I know it's frustrating, but try and hang in there.

Rob Loszewski, Owner & Site Administrator
    Corvette Action Center
    Cadillac V-Net
    Cadillac XLR Net
    Torque About It
    Torque Network
    VetteTube
    NCRS Member #27792
    "Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt." - Sun Tzu
    1990 Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 , 350 Stock ZF 6-speed. Stock Bright Red