$projecthp
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Z06 shift issue

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Mich
    Posts
    119
    Corvette(s)
    2007 BLK/BLK Z06
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    0

    Default Z06 shift issue

    I have a 2007 Z06 with 10k on the odo (I know, I don't drive it enough). Yesterday I noticed a distinct vibration in the shifter handle when driving. The vibration gets worse under acceleration. The tranny seems to shift gears normally. I have no dealerships or garages in my area qualified to work on this car. Every time I try one it gets messed up. I would greatly appreciate any input. Thanks, johnm

  2. #2
    Member LLC5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Wa.
    Posts
    2,277
    Corvette(s)
    98 black 6spd convert.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    0

    Default

    I would start with the shifter adjustment first if you have the OEM shifter. Google, or search on this site, for "corvette C6 shifter adjustment", there are some good articles on how to do it in cyberland.
    Master Technician

    25+ year ASE Master Certified Tech

    22+ year Honda Master Tech

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Mich
    Posts
    119
    Corvette(s)
    2007 BLK/BLK Z06
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LLC5 View Post
    I would start with the shifter adjustment first if you have the OEM shifter. Google, or search on this site, for "corvette C6 shifter adjustment", there are some good articles on how to do it in cyberland.
    Thank you LLC5. Good place to start. I'll let you know how it works out

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Charlotte
    Posts
    157
    Corvette(s)
    1967(427/400),2011(Z06)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnm View Post
    Thank you LLC5. Good place to start. I'll let you know how it works out
    I had a bad vibration with noise to match in my 2007 Z06 and the problem was a broken plastic bushing in the shifter. The shifter was replace under warrantee and I was told a better bushing had been put into production as this was a known problem. Check for a TSB on this problem.
    NCM Life Member #300
    NCM Founding Member #615
    NCM Ambassador
    NCRS Member #10460
    NCM 2003 Caravan Captain-SoCal
    NCM 2014 Caravan National Chair
    NCM Board of Directors

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Mich
    Posts
    119
    Corvette(s)
    2007 BLK/BLK Z06
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul T View Post
    I had a bad vibration with noise to match in my 2007 Z06 and the problem was a broken plastic bushing in the shifter. The shifter was replace under warrantee and I was told a better bushing had been put into production as this was a known problem. Check for a TSB on this problem.
    Thanks Paul, I think I will investigate this before i attempt a shifter adjustment.

Similar Threads

  1. Transmission issue or non issue
    By Kenny in forum C4 Technical and Performance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-12-10, 01:03 PM
  2. 1996 Corvette transmission shift issue.
    By SonnyMarrow in forum C4 Technical and Performance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-18-09, 12:42 PM
  3. Won't Shift!!!!!!
    By jsteezy1290 in forum C4 Technical and Performance
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 07-16-05, 05:43 PM
  4. 4+3 OD Shift
    By Achilles in forum C4 Technical and Performance
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-25-05, 12:02 PM
  5. One To Four Shift
    By Hondo in forum C4 Technical and Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-26-02, 10:29 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •