$projecthp
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Corvette(s)
    '95 LT1 Coupe, Comp Yell; C6 Roadster, Vel Yell
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default '07 C6 Clock Not Working

Anyone else experience this problem and find a fix? I just replaced my seat covers and disconnected battery while working on the seats. After completion I reconnected battery and now I have no clock. Going to clock settings does no good because none of the menu selections work when I touch them. Much default info is also missing from that screen. All other functions except one work fine, including the GPS, audio adjustments, etc. The other temporary problem area is the outside rear view memory mirrors did not return to where they were before the work. Seats and steering wheel reset just fine however.

Thanks in advance for any help you can lend.
    Ted

Corvette(s)
    10 Grand Sport Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

It's a huge problem right now for Corvette owners. It has something to do with a satellite rebooting. GM says that it may come back in April or it may not. Google it and I'm sure you can find better info than I just gave you.
    Thanks Toms007 thanked for this post

Corvette(s)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by jrose7004 View Post
    It's a huge problem right now for Corvette owners. It has something to do with a satellite rebooting. GM says that it may come back in April or it may not. Google it and I'm sure you can find better info than I just gave you.
    Thank you for the info jrose.
    Ted

Corvette(s)
    2007 Atomic Orange Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Apparently this is a huge issue. I won't see it, as I have already swapped the original Nav unit with an aftermarket unit.
    2007 Atomic Orange Coupe Cashmere/black interior

2005 CruiseFest Attendee (Bowling Green, KY) 2007 CruiseFest Attendee (Colorado Springs, CO)
    2008 CruiseFest Attendee (Cleveland, OH)
    2010 Cruisefest Attendee(Effingham, IL)
    2011 CruiseFest Attendee(Effingham
    , IL)

Formerly owned Corvettes: 1964 coupe, 1994 coupe, 2001 coupe

Likes themoj0 liked this post

Corvette(s)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Toms007 View Post
    Apparently this is a huge issue. I won't see it, as I have already swapped the original Nav unit with an aftermarket unit.
    Thanks. I did some research tonight and am finding this out. Can't find anyone who knows why the problem occurs after disconnecting the battery. First time this has happened.
    Ted

Corvette(s)
    10 Grand Sport Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

It hasn't happened on my 10 Grand Sport as I haven't disconnected the battery lately.

Corvette(s)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Try disconnecting and then reconnecting the battery and let us know what you get. Do you have the cojones to try this?
    Ted

Corvette(s)
    10 Grand Sport Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by compyelc4 View Post
    Try disconnecting and then reconnecting the battery and let us know what you get. Do you have the cojones to try this?
    No, if I do that the clock will disappear like everyone else's.

Corvette(s)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by jrose7004 View Post
    No, if I do that the clock will disappear like everyone else's.
    HA. That's what I expected to hear. I wouldn't either.
    Ted
    Thanks jrose7004 thanked for this post

Corvette(s)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I have researched this problem extensively and can't find a great number of problems with this. Of the comments I have found, one respondent (Canada) said the USAF, who control all GPS satellites, recently changed some GPS frequencies affecting the C6 clocks (pre- 2012), and that there may be a fix in the works. Heck I doubt the AF cares about the clock on my C6 unless it affects other vital military systems too. Another said GM is aware of the problem but is a loss as the what the problem cause is. Other respondents say there are magic codes to be input on a secret input screen on our GPS, and that has proven to be bull. You know. I wear a watch and use my phone for guidance any more, so that GPS screen (junky anyway) is good only for radio tuning in my case. If any of you out there hear any good news please let us know.
    Ted

Corvette(s)
    07 Red Vert
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I have the same issue with my 2007, Had battery out to charge it (dead) and when put back in, clock is blank and cannot reset it. The nav screen and xm came up fine but the gps coordinate entry is blank. I did not drive it more than ten miles after the battery reinstallation. Hope a fix is available.

Corvette(s)
    2007 Atomic Orange Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Not as of yet...that I'm aware of. Hopefully they are working on a fix. I have heard there are vehicles from other manufacturers that are affected as well.
    2007 Atomic Orange Coupe Cashmere/black interior

2005 CruiseFest Attendee (Bowling Green, KY) 2007 CruiseFest Attendee (Colorado Springs, CO)
    2008 CruiseFest Attendee (Cleveland, OH)
    2010 Cruisefest Attendee(Effingham, IL)
    2011 CruiseFest Attendee(Effingham
    , IL)

Formerly owned Corvettes: 1964 coupe, 1994 coupe, 2001 coupe

Corvette(s)
    2008 Z06
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Have the same issue going on, discovered it when pulling my car out of storage for the driving season. Haven't seen anything official from GM that even acknowledges there is an issue, never mind a fix for it. A fix would likely require some new software for the system in the car, not holding my breath that GM would devote resources to fixing something in vehicles that weren't "current production".

Corvette(s)
    2006 Velocity Yellow Roadster
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by compyelc4 View Post
    Anyone else experience this problem and find a fix? I just replaced my seat covers and disconnected battery while working on the seats. After completion I reconnected battery and now I have no clock. Going to clock settings does no good because none of the menu selections work when I touch them. Much default info is also missing from that screen. All other functions except one work fine, including the GPS, audio adjustments, etc. The other temporary problem area is the outside rear view memory mirrors did not return to where they were before the work. Seats and steering wheel reset just fine however.

Thanks in advance for any help you can lend.
    This is EXACTLY what happened with mine two weeks ago! I replaced my seat covers too, disconnecting the battery as recommended. After reconnecting the battery, I lost the clock, my mirrors were aimed down at the ground, but everything else in memory remained. Whats frustrating most is that on the settings screen, there is a place where you can make all kinds of changes to the clock settings, but nothing responds. At least the GPS does work, it shows correctly on the map where I am, despite the occasional box that indicates No GPS popping up even though it seems to keep track.
    Does anyone know if the aftermarket GPS units will connect to the stock Corvette antenna in the rear view mirror? I dont want to add another aftermarket antenna to my car. Im not too fond of the stock system anyway, Im spoiled by Garmin.

Corvette(s)
    1996 grand sport
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Found the answer Found it !!! Go back into the MENU>DISPLAY ... Then do a long press in the lower left corner ... after about 15-30 seconds a new screen will appear asking for a PIN ... "295660" get's you into a new control screen. On page two you can set the clock (which is set to the year 2000 !!) BE AWARE it wants the time in GMT !!! I don't deserve the props for the find .. it was on this video YouTube
    Thanks Toms007, jrose7004 thanked for this post
    Dislikes compyelc4 disliked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast