$projecthp
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Corvette(s)
    '95 LT1 Coupe, Comp Yell; C6 Roadster, Vel Yell
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by rhandle View Post
    Found the answer Found it !!! Go back into the MENU>DISPLAY ... Then do a long press in the lower left corner ... after about 15-30 seconds a new screen will appear asking for a PIN ... "295660" get's you into a new control screen. On page two you can set the clock (which is set to the year 2000 !!) BE AWARE it wants the time in GMT !!! I don't deserve the props for the find .. it was on this video YouTube
    Thanks for the effort rhandle. Please clarify something for us if you will: What year Corvette have you tried this on? With my '07 C6 I can't locate a Display screen within the Menu screen, so I can't even begin the process. BTW I just looked at the the screen shown in the UTube video. It is in a GMC truck, not a 2005-2011 Vette with Bose. The screens are totally different.
    Last edited by compyelc4; 10-10-19 at 08:53 PM. Reason: clarity
    Ted
    Likes hada68, themoj0 liked this post

Corvette(s)
    2008 Convertible
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Toms007 View Post
    Apparently this is a huge issue. I won't see it, as I have already swapped the original Nav unit with an aftermarket unit.
    What did you go with? Im looking to possibly do the same, but would like a nice one. Ive seen lots out there...just want to get the right one.

Corvette(s)
    2008 Convertible
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by compyelc4 View Post
    Thanks for the effort rhandle. Please clarify something for us if you will: What year Corvette have you tried this on? With my '07 C6 I can't locate a Display screen within the Menu screen, so I can't even begin the process. BTW I just looked at the the screen shown in the UTube video. It is in a GMC truck, not a 2005-2011 Vette with Bose. The screens are totally different.
    i ran into the same problem. The fix he mentioned if for older GMC vehicles.EDIT-( which you already know, as you mentioned you saw the video lol. it would de me well to read the full post before replying.)
    Last edited by themoj0; 10-13-19 at 01:51 PM.

Corvette(s)
    2007 Atomic Orange Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by themoj0 View Post
    What did you go with? Im looking to possibly do the same, but would like a nice one. Ive seen lots out there...just want to get the right one.
    I installed a Pioneer Head unit....Actually, the factory radio was already gone when I purchased the car. The PO had removed it and installed a Pioneer App Radio, I was not thrilled with it at all, so I had a different Jensen head. Later, I had a Nice Pioneer unit installed in my pickup, which featured Apple CarPlay and when I traded it in, the dealership I traded at wanted the original radio, so I supplied them with the original and they swapped them out and gave me the Pioneer back, which I then had installed in the Corvette so I could utilize Apple CarPlay (which I love BTW).
    2007 Atomic Orange Coupe Cashmere/black interior

2005 CruiseFest Attendee (Bowling Green, KY) 2007 CruiseFest Attendee (Colorado Springs, CO)
    2008 CruiseFest Attendee (Cleveland, OH)
    2010 Cruisefest Attendee(Effingham, IL)
    2011 CruiseFest Attendee(Effingham
    , IL)

Formerly owned Corvettes: 1964 coupe, 1994 coupe, 2001 coupe

Corvette(s)
    '95 LT1 Coupe, Comp Yell; C6 Roadster, Vel Yell
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Update: Disappearing GPS Clocks Problem Fixed by GM and Denso

Update: Denso, with the blessing of GM has affected a fix for the disappearing GPS clocks for C6's and many other vehicles. Word is out that the app fix will be available to download for free to be loaded on your CD on 11/11/19. Many dealers are getting the download now and are beginning to install the fix. Don't know if they charge, but I'll bet they do. Wait for the free download!! Also, caution that there will be low lifes on eBay trying to sell you a CD fix, when you can get it for FREE! Watch for instructions on how to get the free fix app on this and many other sites with denso GPS head units. One site I go to every day for status of the fix is: "C6 from 2005-2010 navigation radio clock stops after battery disconnect - Page 72 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

This site has thousands of posts about the subject but the link above will take you to the latest posts (last page) so you can educate yourself and smile like hell on Veterans Day, 11/11.
    Ted

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12