$projecthp
  • Bose Premium Sound to Navagation system
  • Bose Premium Sound to Navagation system
  • Bose Premium Sound to Navagation system
  • Bose Premium Sound to Navagation system

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Kennett Square, PA
    Posts
    31
    Corvette(s)
    2006 Machine Metallic Silver Convertible
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    0

    Default Bose Premium Sound to Navagation system

    My C6 has the Bose Premium sound system with 6CD changer and XM and I was wondering if this is upgradable to accept the navagation system?
    My trips in the vette are typically places where I know and doubt it would ever be needed but I do like the way it looks.
    The Bose system sounds great and I am not sure what happens if upgradable. If the stereo and Nav are integrated, is this a GM product in lieu of Bose?
    Thank you,
    Mike

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    354
    Corvette(s)
    2010 '427' Z06 JetStream Blue
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dolce View Post
    My C6 has the Bose Premium sound system with 6CD changer and XM and I was wondering if this is upgradable to accept the navagation system?
    My trips in the vette are typically places where I know and doubt it would ever be needed but I do like the way it looks.
    The Bose system sounds great and I am not sure what happens if upgradable. If the stereo and Nav are integrated, is this a GM product in lieu of Bose?
    Thank you,
    Mike
    I do not know if your system is 'upgradeable' (as you say) or not. I do know that the Nav IS integrated with the following: CD, (DVD is for Nav disk only) FM, AM, XM and Heads up-display (route is diplayed onto windshield via HUD). Like you say it IS my least used option, however, I DO like the touch screen operation/integration of all the options in it. To find out if your current system can be changed I'd probably check w/your local dealer (reputable one)...

    btw, the up-level Bose speaker system is standard already when you get nav, so I assume there is no problems there. Could be as easy as getting the Nav system installed in place of your current unit.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Kennett Square, PA
    Posts
    31
    Corvette(s)
    2006 Machine Metallic Silver Convertible
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by orange09Ntexas View Post
    I do not know if your system is 'upgradeable' (as you say) or not. I do know that the Nav IS integrated with the following: CD, (DVD is for Nav disk only) FM, AM, XM and Heads up-display (route is diplayed onto windshield via HUD). Like you say it IS my least used option, however, I DO like the touch screen operation/integration of all the options in it. To find out if your current system can be changed I'd probably check w/your local dealer (reputable one)...

    btw, the up-level Bose speaker system is standard already when you get nav, so I assume there is no problems there. Could be as easy as getting the Nav system installed in place of your current unit.
    Thanks, I will check it out at a local GM dealer.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Carlsbad,Ca.
    Posts
    851
    Corvette(s)
    2006 C6Z DSOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    0

    Default

    NAV is nice but it's also a distraction. Since it's part of an integrated system, I wouldn't bother. Your best bet would be to get an aftermarket NAV as it will be superior in every way. (Wait until you see the "up to the second" traffic info you can get with the Acura system...) Sure wish my factory NAV had this.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Kennett Square, PA
    Posts
    31
    Corvette(s)
    2006 Machine Metallic Silver Convertible
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by norty View Post
    nav is nice but it's also a distraction. Since it's part of an integrated system, i wouldn't bother. Your best bet would be to get an aftermarket nav as it will be superior in every way. (wait until you see the "up to the second" traffic info you can get with the acura system...) sure wish my factory nav had this.
    thanks, my acura nav system is very cool. This is the car that i take when i have the family and potentially need the nav.
    The vette will not go to uncharted territory and it would really be a frivolous purchase.
    Thanks,
    mike

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    354
    Corvette(s)
    2010 '427' Z06 JetStream Blue
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dolce View Post
    thanks, my acura nav system is very cool. This is the car that i take when i have the family and potentially need the nav.
    The vette will not go to uncharted territory and it would really be a frivolous purchase.
    Thanks,
    mike
    I think you might be right. The best functionality I like about it is the touchscreen to access and play cd's or Xm selection. Get a portable unit. Less hassles and you can go anywhere w/it.....

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Posts
    26
    Corvette(s)
    2002 Z06, 2009 ZR1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    0

    Default

    I just replaced the factory navigation system I got in the C-6 with a Kenwood Garmin. Whoever designed the "Denso" navigation system for GM should be shot.

Similar Threads

  1. LT1,LT4,LS1,LS6.... Whats the difference?
    By sscam69 in forum LT4 Forum
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 08-03-19, 04:01 PM
  2. Car cranks but doesnt start
    By Deusxmachine in forum C4 Technical and Performance
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 08-14-09, 03:04 AM
  3. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 06-18-07, 08:36 AM
  4. alarmsystem on a '84 vette
    By johnny in forum C4 Technical and Performance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-27-01, 10:26 PM
  5. Bose System
    By 84X-Fire in forum C4 Technical and Performance
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-15-01, 10:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •