Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Corvette(s)
    2017 Grand Sport 90 ZR1 57 Bel Air
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Corsa Just Installed

I just put the new Corsa Touring system on my 05 Friday afternoon. To say I am disappointed is an understatement. You have to give them credit- there is no resonance. There is also not much volume either. I will put the car back on the lift as soon as I can and take the Corsa H pipe off and put the stock one back on and hope this improves sound. Don't get me wrong, this is a quality piece. It is just so whisper soft. When you get on it it comes alive a little but not as much as I had hoped. Anyone else have this experience?

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Why did you get the touring? It is supposed to be quiet.

Corvette(s)
    2005 Mag Red vert./1996 CE Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Question...

Quote Originally Posted by korvettekarl
    I just put the new Corsa Touring system on my 05 Friday afternoon. To say I am disappointed is an understatement. You have to give them credit- there is no resonance. There is also not much volume either. I will put the car back on the lift as soon as I can and take the Corsa H pipe off and put the stock one back on and hope this improves sound. Don't get me wrong, this is a quality piece. It is just so whisper soft. When you get on it it comes alive a little but not as much as I had hoped. Anyone else have this experience?
    I was thinking very much of doing the same thing-should be getting my 05 Mag Red vert. tomorrow and I am not looking for it to be much louder than stock. Isn't the overall performance supposed to be slightly better than stock? I was also thinking of putting on one of those high performance air filters and hoping the combination of the two would show some gain in performance-which is all I'm looking for at this point.

Billybeau1

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Heart
    I was thinking very much of doing the same thing-should be getting my 05 Mag Red vert. tomorrow and I am not looking for it to be much louder than stock. Isn't the overall performance supposed to be slightly better than stock? I was also thinking of putting on one of those high performance air filters and hoping the combination of the two would show some gain in performance-which is all I'm looking for at this point.
    Yes they CLAIM there is a slight HP increase. After reading all the threads and looking at both Corsa's and Borla's websites, I have decided to buy the Corsa Sport w/ twin 3.5 heads. At least if its too loud I can buy the conversion kit. But I got a feeling they'll be just what I want. I'll let you all know when I get them on.

Corvette(s)
    10 Grand Sport Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

The Indy System is a bit louder!

OLDGOAT

Call me old fashioned but loud pipes on a brand new vette strikes me as a waste. So many of the little civics and modified accords running around without mufflers. Are you trying to be louder than them? They sound like riding lawnmowers. Take the mufflers off anything and it will be loud as heck. If you want loud get yourself a '83 cadillac and remove the mufflers. The more I hear the more I think the stock C6 mufflers are designed to appeal to drivers who want to be able to hear the stereo and actually converse with their passenger. It just amazes me that people who can afford a new C6 can't think of anything better to do with it than remove the mufflers so they can sound like high school hot rods on saturday night. Grow up.

Corsa Just Installed Vettefan87's Avatar
    Corvette(s)
    1987 Z52 Black Convertible
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Hondas and Corvettes do not sound similar in anyway. All you hear on Hondas is huge fart cans and blow off valves. But now with Corvettes, you can hear the throatyness of that huge V8 sitting under the hood. A Corvette is not supposed to be quiet, if you want quiet go out and get a Buick or something. I like my vette LOUD. Everyone is entitled to there own opinion, but for me it is the louder the better.

Billybeau1

While I don't care for my car to sound like a high school hot rod on Saturday night, I would like my car to sound like a Corvette. It is way too tame right now and IMO sounds like a Buick. Removing mufflers and changing them to something a little more throaty is two different things. I paid a lot of money for 400hp and would like my car to sound like it has. Not to mention the slight increase in HP you get with the new systems. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. This is America. I agree with their decision to built the stock cars with quiet mufflers. My guess is many C6 owners will leave them as they are. Tain't nothin wrong with that. But for me, I will invest the $1250 or so and get the sound I want.

As for growing up............. I hope I never do

Corvette(s)
    2017 Grand Sport 90 ZR1 57 Bel Air
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I don't want loud, I want a "throaty authoritative sound". The stock system is VERY quiet. The Corsa Touring is a good, quality step up, just not enough for me. I will replace the Corsa H pipe this weekend and let you all know what I think. I am going to put a X pipe on in place of the stock H pipe setup. No way do I want to sound like a ricer. Would be kind of hard with a Vette anyway. By the way- I got the touring system for the same price as a sport system.

guppies

I am enjoying this discussion. Getting ready to place our order for a C6, our C5 has Corsas, but we had to replace the x pipe, way to loud. The H cross over worked great, great sound. I am with the group that does not want our Vettes to sound like an XLR (shhhhh!, quiet!)

On the other hand, with the Corsas, our C5 definitely does not sound like those tin can farts out there on steroids - they lack that roar.

Having sat in the C6 (dealers don't trust me to return it if i take it for a "test drive), it is quieter than our stock LT4 - so, HELP!

Some good advise - don't believe or care about the aleged increase in power (heck, at 186+, who cares?), just want to sound like a Vette, not the old man I am

Corvette(s)
    2005 C6 Victory Red / Ebony
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I have the Corsa Sports on my C6 .. louder than stock for sure .. but not nearly as loud as the Borla Stingers or B&B Bullits. I have the stock H pipe for now, but have LG Longtube headers on order. The LG's com with a 3" X pipe and Random Tech CATS.

I no longer like LOUD pipes .. the Corsa Sport's are perfect for me!

guppies

Silly me - The stock H pipes with the Corsas gave me way to much "pop" - - read "getting pulled over by our finest. :-) -

The X cross over quieted them down to where I did not sound like some frustrated NASCAR driver on the public roads So, when we order our C6, we would like the same great sound (ROAR - not that burp farting of those (PC correct) fine imports )

BTW - anyone want a good set of stock C5 pipes with about 300 miles on them, free!! Except you pay shipping or pick them up

L8R

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I'm sorry, I'm rushed, and haven't read the entire thread.....but wanted to thank "guppies" for his/her comments. I'm all the more excited about getting the Corsa Sport with the factory H pipe....I LOVE that back fire pop etc., and am looking forward to it! If it's too much, I'll deal with it then but I'd like to make my own evaluation before eliminating it.

PS My first B&B on my C5 did it....I traded up, which didn't, and was forever sorry!

guppies

Hey C5 Vette, at least we don't sound like lawn mowers on steroids - i just found on the C5 with stock H cross overs got me in trouble - our finest here in Florida thought i was running without any mufflers - go figure, we live in Flori-Duh!

take care, L8R

Corvette(s)
    2005 C6 Coupe Z51 Daytona Sunset Orange Metallic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I spent lots of time trying to decide what pipes to get for my C6 and after lots of ruminating I decided on the Corsa sports. I'm really happy with them. They're definitely louder than stock but at idle there's just this deep low rumbling. At low throttle you can definitely tell they're not stock and everytime you let off the gas you get that burble. Step on it and they really rumble!!!! And Corsa's right there is no resonance. They're a quality prduct and I don't think anybody can go wrong buying them. Of course that's only my opinion. Smitty

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast