Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Corvette(s)
    73 Coope, White, Black Interior, 420 HP, Restored
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Don't Do It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just got a call from a local Northern NJ Chevy Dealer. They said that they are now taking deposits on the C6. They also informed me that it would be $5000. over MSRP!!! What a deal, huh. I said, I guess your one of the dealers that stick it to people huh. Anyway - it is very dissipointing that dealers want to goudge us for a car that already had a prity good margin built in it already! Very depressing!! So, I bid them goooood buy!!! As for me, I would go buy a BMW M3 before I pay that! I would hope you all feel the same and don't pay it!!!
    Shopman1

Corvette(s)
    2007 black coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

List +? Never!! We, who are planning to get the C6, should wait until a snowy day in January! Lets see how much above list they are selling them for then!!

Corvette(s)
    1994 Black Rose Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie
    List +? Never!! We, who are planning to get the C6, should wait until a snowy day in January! Lets see how much above list they are selling them for then!!
    Agreed ! !
    Bad enough the kind of money these dealers make now this ???
    You know once the hype is over so are the mark ups but some saps will pay. Must be nice to have so much extra cash to stroke thier ego !

Corvette(s)
    2003 Z06
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Corvette-Pilot
    Agreed ! !
    Bad enough the kind of money these dealers make now this ???
    You know once the hype is over so are the mark ups but some saps will pay. Must be nice to have so much extra cash to stroke thier ego !
    The sad part is that there may be enough saps and few enough cars to keep those C6's from getting into the hands of true Corvette fans.
    Edmond.

Contact me for the best prices on Amsoil.

Don't Do It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Corvette(s)
    1972 White Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond
    The sad part is that there may be enough saps and few enough cars to keep those C6's from getting into the hands of true Corvette fans.
    But it is those saps that will sell them with low miles in a few months after the newness of the car wears off. Which will allow some other corvette fans to get good deals on the C6.

4 webers

A sad fact indeed ,,,, but it seems everytime a new special model arrives at any dealer it just happens ! And there will be folks that snap them up to be the first in their neighborhood to own one !

geo

Don't Do It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Chas's Avatar
    Corvette(s)
    1973 L-48 Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default PT Cruiser

$3000 over invoice and they couldn't sell them fast enough!
    "Every man dies, not every man really lives......."

Corvette(s)
    92' rd/rd/wh vert, 6 sp: 05' mag rd/cash Z51 6 sp
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Msrp

Hi,

There are a number of dealers across the country who will sell you a C6 for MSRP. I'm going through Tom Jumper in Atlanta. I believe Les Sanford in Michigan will as well.

Wayne

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I am wondering how fast this car is being ordered---my impression is that the above-invoice dealers may be doing this as a knee jerk reaction because it's a new model COrvette and not because of tremendous demand. Getting reliable information would be difficult, as dealers definately have an incentive to say "order now, or be frozen out of the market!!" If some will sell to you at MSRP I bet the ordering isn't that hot.

Corvette(s)
    ZZ4, 700R4, Steeroids rack & pinion, VB&P Brakes
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I bet there's a very close relationship between the people that will pay over MSRP and those that don't [know about the] wave...

Celebrity's Choice Award Winner - CruiseFest 2004
    People's Choice Award Winner - CruiseFest 2010
    Blake Yager's MVC Award Winner - CruiseFest 2011

v| 1980
    ZZ4 Engine - Hooker Super Comp headers (ceramic coated) - 700R4 - Steeroids - VB&P Brake Kit - Torqlite 17" Wheels
    2003 Victory Vegas (1507cc / 92ci) - Stage 1 Performance Package - Arlen Ness Slashness Pipes...Gone but not forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by MaineShark View Post
    I could build a nuke in my basement. They are actually very simple devices. And we have uranium in NH. I could mine it and refine it and build one. The science is simple. The engineering not overly complex.

78SilvAnniv

Quote Originally Posted by Evolution1980
    I bet there's a very close relationship between the people that will pay over MSRP and those that don't [know about the] wave...
    My thoughts exactly!

The C6 will be the newest, hottest, coolest thing. After the people who have to have the newest, hottest, coolest thing find something else that is newer, hotter and cooler they will sell those C6s and I'm sure many will find their way to people who appreciate the Corvette heritage in addition to the cool-factor.
    I'm also sure that some C6s will immediately find their way to Corvette appreciative homes right off the lot.
    Heidi

Corvette(s)
    2007 black coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Im not quite sure about the C6 being the newest hottest, coolest thing! If you look at the car as an overall package, in my opinion, the interior falls way short of anything sporty. It is supposed to be modeled after the new GTO which, again in my opinion , is a joke! I have driven these cars for decades and this may be the first year I decide to go backwards instead of forwards.

Corvette(s)
    92' rd/rd/wh vert, 6 sp: 05' mag rd/cash Z51 6 sp
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Tough Critic

Greenie, you are one tough critic. Everyone has an opinion on what does and doesn't look good....... Tastes vary....... But simply looking at the facts, it seems that your judgement is a bit harsh (or bitter?). The C6 remains true to its heritage, while advancing the art, with clean lines inside and out, a polite nod to its legendary ancestors, continued technological advancement, astounding performance (especially considering the price and the other cars in its class), and yet instantly recognizable as a vette. I agree with Heidi, the C6 is a very hot, and yet very cool ride. I can't wait to watch mine roll out of the plant, where the guy will hand me the key/Fob, and say congratulations. That will be an awesome day....

Save the wave,

Wayne

Corvette(s)
    2007 black coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Wayne, Im not bitter. What would I be bitter about? With the bucks Ive spent over the decades on these cars, Im entitled to my opinion. I have been critical about the interiors for a long time. They seem rather "cheap" and GMish if youll pardon the phrase! If this car is a true sports car, it should stand out from the crowd. The interiors have been misfit pieces of other GM cars ever since 1968. This car is the best bang for the buck no doubt. I just feel it could be so much more. The wave is saved!

Corvette(s)
    73 Coope, White, Black Interior, 420 HP, Restored
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Would you keep the business away from the after market guys! Just think of all the good stuff we can purchase after we buy the car! Its all good!

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie
    Wayne, Im not bitter. What would I be bitter about? With the bucks Ive spent over the decades on these cars, Im entitled to my opinion. I have been critical about the interiors for a long time. They seem rather "cheap" and GMish if youll pardon the phrase! If this car is a true sports car, it should stand out from the crowd. The interiors have been misfit pieces of other GM cars ever since 1968. This car is the best bang for the buck no doubt. I just feel it could be so much more. The wave is saved!
    Shopman1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast