• Clear film paint protection
  • Clear film paint protection

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Clear film paint protection

A friend of mine had a clear film material professionally installed on the nose, hood, side mirrors and around the fender wells of his 03 convertible. The problem is he film is all scratched up and looks horrible. Has any one had any experience removing this stuff? Is there a trick to doing it? Will removing it do more harm than good? will the finish look noticeably different than the parts of the car that were not covered by the film?Thanks for your help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I peeled of a small piece off this weekend and I can tell you that the glue it leaves behind doesnt come off easily
    Billy

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by ARKvette02 View Post
    I peeled of a small piece off this weekend and I can tell you that the glue it leaves behind doesnt come off easily
    Did you quit or keep peeling?

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I only needed to peel just a little bit back. Dirt was sticking to the edge of the film and wouldnt come off so I tried to peel a little back and put a fresh edge on it with a razor After trying to wipe the glue off, all I did was move the dirt line back an inch
    Billy

Clear film paint protection vett boy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Interesting.GM Junkie installed a 3M bra and various out areas 9 months ago.I've driven 10,000 miles and no scratches and no dirt lines .I wonder what caused the scratches ? I love mine

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Oh dont get me wrong, I love the film. I dont have any scratches either but who ever applied mine did some patchwork on the air scoop
    Billy

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by vett boy View Post
    Interesting.GM Junkie installed a 3M bra and various out areas 9 months ago.I've driven 10,000 miles and no scratches and no dirt lines .I wonder what caused the scratches ? I love mine
    I have the same results. Great protection with no scratches or other damage on my DD.
    Scientia Est Potentia

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by johnm View Post
    A friend of mine had a clear film material professionally installed on the nose, hood, side mirrors and around the fender wells of his 03 convertible. The problem is he film is all scratched up and looks horrible. Has any one had any experience removing this stuff? Is there a trick to doing it? Will removing it do more harm than good? will the finish look noticeably different than the parts of the car that were not covered by the film?Thanks for your help.
    If you know what your doing,it's not a bad job!!

Quote Originally Posted by ARKvette02 View Post
    I only needed to peel just a little bit back. Dirt was sticking to the edge of the film and wouldnt come off so I tried to peel a little back and put a fresh edge on it with a razor After trying to wipe the glue off, all I did was move the dirt line back an inch
    You didn't have to peel any back,I have a method to cut the edge back and then remove it and remove the glue!!3M Adhesive remover will remove the glue!!

Quote Originally Posted by vett boy View Post
    Obviously the Junkster knows what he's doing and don't over stretch it or scratch it up installing it!!

PS I'm not a professional, But I do stay at the Holiday Inn Express once in a while!!
    It's got so it seems to me that the Internet has created a lot more Horses A$$'s than we have Horses!
    junk!~!!
    Founding Member: 10 Corvettes Anonymous

Clear film paint protection vett boy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I just washed and detailed my 08 last night ,best thing I ever did was have Junkie put a clear bra on the car . Bugs have a hard time to stick to it.No dirt on the edges almost perfect.EXCEPT for an eyelash.