• Cracked Windshield ( 2008 Coupe)

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Cracked Windshield ( 2008 Coupe)

We recently purchased a 2008 C6 coupe. I either didn't notice at the time, or it happened just after we purchased. The car has only 5k miles.

However we just noticed there is a crack in the windshield that starts at the top of the windshield at the frame and then curves toward the mirror. Before we noticed the crack, we had removed the top, just to have short topless ride, then, put the top back on...then noticed the crack the next day.

Anyone with the same problem with the removable top and cracking the windshield...or did we just miss this in our pre-purchase inspection??
    Thanks in advance for the replies.
    CBL

Cracked Windshield ( 2008 Coupe) twiget's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Welcome to the , and congrats on the ride!

I doubt removing the top would have cracked the windshield. Is there an impact crater at the origin of the crack? My guess is that the crack was there when you bought the car and it just grew when you went for your ride.

I got a nice big crack in the windshield of my '08 about 2 months after I bought her. The end result was that the windshield had to be replaced. Fortunately I was on a business trip when the crack occurred, so work covered the repair.

If the crack is still in the blacked-out part of the windshield, take it to a auto body place, they can probably recommend someone to fix the crack with out having to replace the windshield.

It is definitely a lot cheaper than having the windshield replaced. Mine cost over $600.00

Dont forget to post a couple pics of your C6 in our Show off your C6's!! thread.

Jason

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Cracked Windshield

Thanks for the reply. I thought perhaps there was some way in which I had latched the top that I might have torqued something in some strange way.

Will investigate a repair rather than a replacement.

Will post a pix soon. Actually, we are a two Corvette famly for the moment. My wife is on the Indy 500 Festival Board of Directors, and as such, gets to drive whatever the participating auto manufacturer and the Indianapolis Motor Speedway deems the car of choice for directors.

This is the third year in a row we have had a C6 Indy Pace Car replica to drive for two months. So--it is quite a sight right now to see two Corvettes, ours and the GM offering of a Silver C6 Pace Car sitting in our garage.

Our "other car" the Honda Civic, is left to sit out in the driveway for the time being. We'll turn in the Indy Car on May 30.

The Indy Pace Car this year is actually the Camaro , but since a convertable version is not avail, and we need convertables to drive celebrities and Indy Car drivers around the track for race day...the C6's were the vehicle of choice.

We'll post of pix of both together: ours and The Indy 500 C6.

We just took possession of our '08 C6 Coupe on Monday.

We're every excited to be a member of The Corvette Family.
    Regards,
    CBL
    Indianapolis
    (Former Porsche 911 enthusiast turned C6 Fanatic)

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Check with your insurance company.