• LATEST Nordschleife Times
  • LATEST Nordschleife Times

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Mike G

Default LATEST Nordschleife Times

I have a real curiosity for ZR-1 capability at the Nordschleife:

>I know that Jim Mero did a 7:26 in a STOCK ZR last July.
    >Then the Viper group comes along, adds unlivable suspension updates, custom seats, a few other mods, and turns a 7:22.
    >> I know I read somewhere that John Heinricy did a ~7:22.3 after the Viper run in another STOCK ZR.
    Does anyone here know about that Heinricy run? I can't find this infm'n anywhere now and there's no site that lists N'schleife times any more recent than last October. Updates, anyone?

Thanks greatly!

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Mike G View Post
    I have a real curiosity for ZR-1 capability at the Nordschleife:

>I know that Jim Mero did a 7:26 in a STOCK ZR last July.
    >Then the Viper group comes along, adds unlivable suspension updates, custom seats, a few other mods, and turns a 7:22.
    >> I know I read somewhere that John Heinricy did a ~7:22.3 after the Viper run in another STOCK ZR.
    Does anyone here know about that Heinricy run? I can't find this infm'n anywhere now and there's no site that lists N'schleife times any more recent than last October. Updates, anyone?

Thanks greatly!
    The subsequent run you're referring to was supposedly done by Jan Magnussen, not Heinricy. It was later confirmed to be only a "rumor". The 7:26 time is currently the official fastest ZR1 lap.

EVO magazine has run the ZR1 in a group test, and their time will be published in the upcoming issue. Auto Bild and Autocar magazines are supposed to have their own test lap times soon.

For Nordschleife lap times, go to Supercars.net... Forum... Car Comparison section... Nordschleife lap times sticky thread. It's a comprehesive listing of all production and racing car lap times. (Beware the adult "juveniles" on the actual forum, though!)

Mike G

Default A Roumor?

Can we go ask Jan Magnesson?

I'll keep my eye out for those Evo results. Thanks for the update!

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Mike G View Post
    Can we go ask Jan Magnesson?

I'll keep my eye out for those Evo results. Thanks for the update!
    Actually, Jan is the one who refuted the alleged 'Ring run. When questioned, he indicated he was at another event stateside when the run was supposedly made. Vapor story.

Personally, I'm hoping for a sub-7:20 just to stir the pot with the Viper and GT-R guys!

Corvette(s)
    1990 ZR-1 - Bright Red / Black
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by WYD OPN View Post
    Actually, Jan is the one who refuted the alleged 'Ring run. When questioned, he indicated he was at another event stateside when the run was supposedly made. Vapor story.

Personally, I'm hoping for a sub-7:20 just to stir the pot with the Viper and GT-R guys!
    I agree. I'd love to see what an experienced race car driver could do for the ZR1's 'ring times.
    Rob Loszewski, Owner & Site Administrator
    Corvette Action Center
    Cadillac V-Net
    Cadillac XLR Net
    Torque Network
    VetteTube
    NCRS Member #27792
    "Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt." - Sun Tzu

1990 Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 , 350 Stock ZF 6-speed. Stock Bright Red

Corvette(s)
    2009 ZR1, 2002 C5Z06
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

evo magazine compared the zr1 with a vantage v12, r8 and gt3 and the author picked the zr1 last! Funny how much vette bashing comes from europeans other than jeremy clarkson. Evo guys must be hurting in circulation and hate top gear. Article is on the edmunds site. GT3 better on the nurburg? Walter Rohl, their vaunted driver could not even get close to mero's time and he was on porsche's big stick (gt2)!

Corvette(s)
    1990 ZR-1 - Bright Red / Black
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyZR1 View Post
    evo magazine compared the zr1 with a vantage v12, r8 and gt3 and the author picked the zr1 last! Funny how much vette bashing comes from europeans other than jeremy clarkson. Evo guys must be hurting in circulation and hate top gear. Article is on the edmunds site. GT3 better on the nurburg? Walter Rohl, their vaunted driver could not even get close to mero's time and he was on porsche's big stick (gt2)!
    I believe this is the video of the ZR1 going around the Nurburging:

VetteTube - Corvette Videos, Corvette Crashes, Corvette Burnouts, Corvette Racing
    Rob Loszewski, Owner & Site Administrator
    Corvette Action Center
    Cadillac V-Net
    Cadillac XLR Net
    Torque Network
    VetteTube
    NCRS Member #27792
    "Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt." - Sun Tzu

1990 Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 , 350 Stock ZF 6-speed. Stock Bright Red