Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: C6 Z06 & C5 Z06

Corvette(s)
    2008 Z06 & 2003 Z06
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default C6 Z06 & C5 Z06

I'm been hanging around this web site for a while, and finally I joined up. Not to piss anyone off, but I own a 2008 triple Black 7500 mile Z06 AND A 2003 triple Black Z06 with 21,000 miles. Since I drive both cars are can compare each one in their own way. I got to say I like my 50th anniversary better. I believe the styling of the car is one of the best since the 60,s. It has some many designs from the 58 corvette. Those designs that I see are NOT on the other C5's. The handling of the C5 Z06 is like really driving a race car. You feel the power in your ass, you feel when the car is on the edge. While the new Z06 is is fast and smooth and quick. but for the average driver the difference in quickness and speed is basically a couple of tenth's of a second. I have personally pushed my 03 to 187 miles per hour and with the proper tires run in the low 12's.
    The 08 Z06 is crazy fast and quick but so smooth, you will never know your pushing the limit.. until its TOO LATE. I spoke to the factory during a Museum delivery of a 2007 lemans Blue Z51 (sold that to get the 08 Z06) and they had told me over a THIRD of all new Z06's are wrecked because the owner can not handle the car. The car is very fast and quick and I have beaten up on even a SL65 AMG.. but that was barely... Vipers are a joke on any curvey road (no so on the 1/4 mile) but I have not seen any quarter mile interstates lately.
    When my friends come over to the house and see the 2 cars sitting side by side.. they pick the C5 Z06. When they just drive them ..putting around they like the 08 better because of its smooth ride. BUT.. WHEN THEY GET ON IT.... They drool for the old C5 Z06

Corvette(s)
    2008 Z06 & 2003 Z06
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default C6 Z06 & C5 Z06

I'm been hanging around this web site for a while, and finally I joined up. Not to piss anyone off, but I own a 2008 triple Black 7500 mile Z06 AND A 2003 triple Black Z06 with 21,000 miles. Since I drive both cars are can compare each one in their own way. I got to say I like my 50th anniversary better. I believe the styling of the car is one of the best since the 60,s. It has some many designs from the 58 corvette. Those designs that I see are NOT on the other C5's. The handling of the C5 Z06 is like really driving a race car. You feel the power in your ass, you feel when the car is on the edge. While the new Z06 is is fast and smooth and quick. but for the average driver the difference in quickness and speed is basically a couple of tenth's of a second. I have personally pushed my 03 to 187 miles per hour and with the proper tires run in the low 12's.
    The 08 Z06 is crazy fast and quick but so smooth, you will never know your pushing the limit.. until its TOO LATE. I spoke to the factory during a Museum delivery of a 2007 lemans Blue Z51 (sold that to get the 08 Z06) and they had told me over a THIRD of all new Z06's are wrecked because the owner can not handle the car. The car is very fast and quick and I have beaten up on even a SL65 AMG.. but that was barely... Vipers are a joke on any curvey road (no so on the 1/4 mile) but I have not seen any quarter mile interstates lately.
    When my friends come over to the house and see the 2 cars sitting side by side.. they pick the C5 Z06. When they just drive them ..putting around they like the 08 better because of its smooth ride. BUT.. WHEN THEY GET ON IT.... They drool for the old C5 Z06

Corvette(s)
    2008 Z06 & 2003 Z06
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default C6 Z06 & C5 Z06

Corvette(s)
    2006 'Evil Stealth Black' Roadster
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Z06Vette2003,
    Welcome to the

I've merged your postings into one thread, so that it will make tracking messages a little easier.

Corvette(s)
    2000 Nassau Blue Vert
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Thanks Z06V. I can't comment on either car since I've never driving a Z06 nor been able to talk anyone into a ride in either car but your take on both cars is interesting.

Welcome to the

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Well, I only drive a 2003 C5 Z06 and I got to say...it is one amazing fun car to drive!

Corvette(s)
    1996 Grand Sport, 2007 LG Z06, 2008 Z06
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Glad to hear that you like both.

I have had both as well and just recently sold my LG C5 Z06 (6,000 miles on the car). While I loved the C5 Z, and still do, my humble opinion is that the C6 Z is everything that the C5 Z is and is not. The C5 Z had great low end power and great handling, seat of the pants feel. While some feel the C6Z is floaty, my opinion is that is has just as good seat of the pants feel when driven hard. No question where the C6Z is going, it stays planted just as it should.

In terms of the power, the LS6 is a great engine. My C5 LG Z06 put down 492 RWHP and 432 RW Torque. It was just a great car with a lot of power and sounded awesome. The C6 Z with the LS7 is a great engine as well and works effortlessly. It is like having a H/C C5 Z06 in stock form. However, the torque of the 427 is where the difference comes in.

Both cars looks great. I like them both.

In the end, my vote goes to the C6Z, which is why I sold my C5 LG Z06 and bought another C6 Z06 so I now have two (One Black, One Jet Stream Blue).

Again, this is just my opinion, and I still love the older brother to the C6Z, that being the C5Z. You can not go wrong wtih either.

JG853

Corvette(s)
    Carbon Flash CE 4LT GS Roadster
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Having driven both, ...

... the C6 Z Rules!
    L8TR - D