Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Corvette(s)
    2006 'Evil Stealth Black' Roadster
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Happy to help, JSS. Good luck on troubleshooting your codes.

2006 Black Roadster

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world. The unreasonable man persists in adapting the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends upon the unreasonable man."
    - George Bernard Shaw

Check out my book "LICENSE: REVIEWED, 50 Years of James Bond Movies" now available at Amazon!

Corvette(s)
    1996 purple coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default heat/ac control light bulbs

does anyone ever replaced the back lighting bulbs in a heater control head,, I'm getting ready to try,,,would like a little heads up on this subject....thanks Gene

Corvette(s)
    2005 C6 Silver Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Gene View Post
    does anyone ever replaced the back lighting bulbs in a heater control head,, I'm getting ready to try,,,would like a little heads up on this subject....thanks Gene
    Hi Gene, This problem is common. Unfortunately, there are no bulbs to replace.................If you search on e-Bay you will find a source for a rebuilt unit that you can swap out and it will solve the 'dim' light problem. Installation is not too bad either. Good luck!
    A Glass Slipper.................

Corvette(s)
    03 Z-51,78 L82 Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Tractorman_3 View Post
    Hi Gene, This problem is common. Unfortunately, there are no bulbs to replace.................If you search on e-Bay you will find a source for a rebuilt unit that you can swap out and it will solve the 'dim' light problem. Installation is not too bad either. Good luck!
    Actually their are bulbs in it HAVC Control Module,They have them at Radio Shack!
    Bulbs probly isn't the problem,It's probly the flat wafer resisters on the circuit board have cold solder joints! I repair allot of them!!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img_0303-medium-jpg   img_0305-medium-jpg  
    It's got so it seems to me that the Internet has created a lot more Horses A$$'s than we have Horses!
    junk!~!!
    Founding Member: 10 Corvettes Anonymous

Corvette(s)
    1996 purple coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default heater control head

actually the bulbs I need to replace are behind the temp control knob on the left side of the controler,,the digital readout works fine...Do you have any info on those bulbs? I do quit alot of work on these old cars, I may be stupid but I love working on them...I just haven't done the heater control head....I've replaced the bulbs in the face of the radio, got rid of those dark buttons... Gene

Corvette(s)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default pulling codes

Thank you guys for all the info we have codes with the h at the end and followed the instructions they clear but come back and not with a c for current they have a h at in history any help on this one thanks again

Be sure to check out the tech center: Corvette Action Center | Tech Center

and the knowledgebase: Corvette Action Center Knowledgebase[/QUOTE]

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I am so glad I read this. I'm sorry to say that I don't know how to help you as far as the H and C. Other than to tell you mine has them too but I didn't realize H was history and C was current. So good luck and thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Corvette(s)
    2004 zO6 COMMEMORATIVE EDITION
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Stealership

Quote Originally Posted by Roy M. Dudley View Post
    Patrick,

Roy Dudley here. Just became a forum member and saw your post re: Pulling Codes. What a great post!! I signed up because I was having issues that your post solved in about 10 minutes. Probably saved me big money at the local Chevy "Stealership". If you ever come to San Francisco I owe you a beer.

Roy Dudley
    I took my 2004 ZO6 into the Dealer yesterday to have them change the codes and what they told me pissed me off good! They told me that it would be $115.00 per hour and the car had to be there at least two hours what the hell is all that about telling me it will be there at least two hrs. and they didn't even look at her. I also requested to go with her when she was serviced and they told this is not going to happen and then told me to find another garage If there was a decent mechanic that new anything about Corvettes in Michigan I sure would like to know

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

On codes if you are not sure what you have. Go to autozone and they will check your codes for free. Some other stores may do it as well but I'm not sure. They are also fairly good at getting you pointed in the right direction as to the most and least likely cause to the problem. You can check your own codes on the early 2000 models I believe 2000-2004. There are great YouTube videos on this. Good luck

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

It's 1997-2004 that you can clear your codes and check them. Here is the best video
    http://youtu.be/SviRjIsy9G4
    Good luck

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

For some reason the volume didn't work on this thread but you can find it on YouTube thanks

Corvette(s)
    2000 Black Coupe; W/6-Speed
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Marvin View Post
    I took my 2004 ZO6 into the Dealer yesterday to have them change the codes and what they told me pissed me off good! They told me that it would be $115.00 per hour and the car had to be there at least two hours what the hell is all that about telling me it will be there at least two hrs. and they didn't even look at her. I also requested to go with her when she was serviced and they told this is not going to happen and then told me to find another garage If there was a decent mechanic that new anything about Corvettes in Michigan I sure would like to know
    Well if that don't suck out loud; don't know anything about mechanics in Michigan but I'd be damned if I would be treated this way and pay them too!!! Would not happen I'll tell you that, have to wonder if the dealer knows and I wouldn't think he would want anyone treated that way and I would for sure find out, flat out ask him, I'm assuming this treatment was from a service writer or service manager or one of his goons!! Odds are the dealer knows nothing at all, and if by some chance in hell he does I would make sure General Motors rep for this dealer is fully versed on the matter, that is if the dealer doesn't take care of it and I'm guessing he will. Just who does this idiot answer to and who in the hell does he think he is would be what I would want to know first of all!!! WOULD NOT STAND FOR IT ONE BIT!!! But what you do is your business, just saying WOW!!!

-Bill
    President Abraham Lincoln as stated in the Gettysburg Address
    "From these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they here gave the last full measure of devotion - that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain."
    "Defend Those That Defended Us"

Corvette(s)
    2000 Black Coupe; W/6-Speed
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Welcome to Corvette Action Center

Quote Originally Posted by crash4444 View Post
    For some reason the volume didn't work on this thread but you can find it on YouTube thanks

Hey there real quick, welcome aboard we're glad you found us and decided to join in

-Bill
    Last edited by hoosierdaddy; 02-18-15 at 08:57 AM.
    President Abraham Lincoln as stated in the Gettysburg Address
    "From these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they here gave the last full measure of devotion - that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain."
    "Defend Those That Defended Us"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234