Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    c 5 coupe insultion
    Corvette(s)
    2000 c5 silver coupe blk interior
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default c 5 coupe insultion

hello , whats is the best insulation for noise reduction in my 00 coupe rear area . KOOL MAT ??? thanks . RVN 69-70 served ARMY BEST JOB I EVER HAD !!! && THANKS @ ALL OTHER MILITARY

Corvette(s)
    2001 Vert
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

This is relatively cheap and does a good job. Don't take up a lot of space and is east to cut and place.

Corvette(s)
    2001 Vert
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

c 5 coupe insultion Scottsredvette's Avatar
    Corvette(s)
    1989 Bright Red Convertible (gone) 98 Jaguar XK8
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I'd try Dynamat. Can be cut to fit, moldable to the contours and it works. We used it in the defense industry on all sorts of applications. Great heat and noise reducer.

Dynamat.com | Dynamat Sound Damping | Thermal Solutions
    I don't like making plans for the day. The word "premeditated" is not useful when it gets thrown around a courtroom.

Corvette(s)
    '98 Aztec Gold Coupe; '04 Millennium Yellow 'Vert'
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Not really trying to be facetious, but I've just taken to wearing a pair of these when I drive the ol' C5 on long trips... It's at least the cheapest -- as well as reasonably effective -- solution to interior noise that I've found...

1998 Aztec Gold #15||| 2004 Millennium Yellow

Corvette(s)
    98 black 6spd convert.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by timfitz63 View Post
    Not really trying to be facetious, but I've just taken to wearing a pair of these when I drive the ol' C5 on long trips... It's at least the cheapest -- as well as reasonably effective -- solution to interior noise that I've found...

Nice, hope you can hear your stereo and emergency vehicles adequately

How do you solve the heat issue?
    Master Technician

25+ year ASE Master Certified Tech

22+ year Honda Master Tech

Corvette(s)
    '98 Aztec Gold Coupe; '04 Millennium Yellow 'Vert'
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by LLC5 View Post
    Nice, hope you can hear your stereo and emergency vehicles adequately...
    Actually, my hearing is quite acute; and these types of ear plugs are quite good at attenuating only certain frequencies -- like most of the high-pitched shrill you get from aircraft engines or the drone of P275's on the road -- while still allowing a good bit of the rest of the frequency spectrum through (reduced volume level, of course). No sound frequencies are completely blocked; just attenuated to some degree or another.

So if I can't hear the song on the stereo well enough, I just turn up the volume a bit... And hearing emergency vehicles hasn't proven to be a problem either...

Quote Originally Posted by LLC5 View Post
    ... How do you solve the heat issue?
    Frankly, I've never been uncomfortable in the cockpit of my C5; the AC seems to work fine -- at least adequately -- even during Texas summers... But I have noticed that the torque tube tunnel and truck deck do seem to get pretty warm to the touch...

In fairness, I can't dispute that strategic placement of additional insulation would be beneficial on the C5, both from an acoustic and thermal standpoint; I just opted for a "quick-n-dirty" solution on long highway trips... Around town, I go sans ear plugs.

1998 Aztec Gold #15||| 2004 Millennium Yellow

Corvette(s)
    98 black 6spd convert.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by timfitz63 View Post
    Actually, my hearing is quite acute; and these types of ear plugs are quite good at attenuating only certain frequencies -- like most of the high-pitched shrill you get from aircraft engines or the drone of P275's on the road -- while still allowing a good bit of the rest of the frequency spectrum through (reduced volume level, of course). No sound frequencies are completely blocked; just attenuated to some degree or another.

So if I can't hear the song on the stereo well enough, I just turn up the volume a bit... And hearing emergency vehicles hasn't proven to be a problem either...

Frankly, I've never been uncomfortable in the cockpit of my C5; the AC seems to work fine -- at least adequately -- even during Texas summers... But I have noticed that the torque tube tunnel and truck deck do seem to get pretty warm to the touch...

In fairness, I can't dispute that strategic placement of additional insulation would be beneficial on the C5, both from an acoustic and thermal standpoint; I just opted for a "quick-n-dirty" solution on long highway trips... Around town, I go sans ear plugs.

Can't say that I've been overly hot in mine either, when it does get a little too warm the a/c takes care of it, even with the top down.

I like the analogy about the stereo, we jokingly tell customers the same thing with their squeaks and rattles......
    Master Technician

25+ year ASE Master Certified Tech

22+ year Honda Master Tech