• Seat Problem Adjusting-Driver's seat
  • Seat Problem Adjusting-Driver's seat

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Seat Problem Adjusting-Driver's seat

Just had one of these installed....not cheap but went to the dealer so I could ensure if any problems it would be backed up. My question is has anyone experienced seat problems after the module was installed. When I got my car back my teh pwer control for my driver's seat waws disconnected and laying off to the side. Dealer screwed it up and dealeer replaced it once I showed the service rep what had happened. I have not been able to position my seat as I normally drive since. The seat pops went trying to adjust it along with difficulty in getting the back to adjust manually or elecrically....everything moves but will not position as it did prior. The front part of the seat bottom is more elevated and will not adjust door as it did prior to this work. My thinking is the seat track is binding and the seat not properly aligned. I suspect they did not tak the seat out properly (I was told they didn't do anything to the seat)(think the svc guy didn't mean it the way it sounded-meaning probably it was taken out and put back in). I suspect they either raised the back to the seat up and installed teh BCM or they took teh seat out simply by unbolting it without first moving the seat forward then back in loosening the bolts for removal and when they replaced it didn't thinkabout tracks being even and aligned. This is not obvious when you look at the seat.
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Hey Bill.

You've touched on the very reason I've not had my rocking chair seats repaired yet. It seems I read somewhere that it's important to align the seats during removal and replacement or issues result. My repair guys are good but.... the thought of having problems adjusting the seats after repair makes me nervous.

Jane Ann

For every person with a spark of genius, there are a hundred with ignition trouble.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Ive had my seats out a few time w/o any issues getting them back in right. It sounds like the tracks are not aligned with each other.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Seat Problem Adjusting-Driver's seat

Jane Ann & C52yk- got the car back and the seat now adjust like it did before having the BCM installed. It wasn't the slight rocking I was experiencing...just wasn't adjusting back to how it was prior to taking it in the first time. I can tolerate the little bit of rocking. There is a way to fix the rocking either on this site or the Forum. Here's what I think happened. They first took the driver's seat out thinking ECM and not BCM..then put the seat back incorrectly or after they broke the panel the electronic adustment sits in and trying to fix that took the seat out. It's working fine now and I get the adjustment I had before taking it in again. I think based on what they were doing they did not align the seat correctly to keep it from binding. I'm a happy camper and it didn't cost me anything but time.
    Bill