Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 36 of 36
  1. #31
    Member Art Jett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Azle Tx.
    Posts
    366
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    0

    Default

    I had the same problem. I would fill up and the gauge would only read 7/8. When it got to 5/8 it would drop to empty and the check gauges light would come on. At around 1/2 it would start working again but when it worked it's way to empty, I still had 6 gal in the tank. Went through 3 bottles (and full tanks of premium) of Techron + and then 3 more (with fillups) of Gumout in the yellow bottle. No-go. Luckily, the place I bought the car warrantied it so it's at the dealership as we speak. Art

  2. #32
    Member Junkman2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    559
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Art Jett View Post
    I had the same problem. I would fill up and the gauge would only read 7/8. When it got to 5/8 it would drop to empty and the check gauges light would come on. At around 1/2 it would start working again but when it worked it's way to empty, I still had 6 gal in the tank. Went through 3 bottles (and full tanks of premium) of Techron + and then 3 more (with fillups) of Gumout in the yellow bottle. No-go. Luckily, the place I bought the car warrantied it so it's at the dealership as we speak. Art
    Wow, yours was really jacked up!

    Just an FYI, there is a software update for certain VIN's that also addresses this issue. That is something that you should also check into at your local Chevy dealer.
    "Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."

  3. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    SYRACUSE ,UTAH
    Posts
    876
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    0

    Default

    info on the software update....vin number? i had the same problem now i have a code of lean bank 2.. dealership says it needs a new fuel pump?

  4. #34
    Member Junkman2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    559
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cscarlson View Post
    info on the software update....vin number? i had the same problem now i have a code of lean bank 2.. dealership says it needs a new fuel pump?
    I just shot you a PM. I don't know the range. Paul (C4C5Specialist) was the one who alerted me that I needed to get the update.
    "Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."

  5. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    SYRACUSE ,UTAH
    Posts
    876
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    0

    Default

    the dealership says that this software upgrade will not have anything to do with my low fuel pressure and i need a fuel pump..is this right?

  6. #36
    Member Junkman2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    559
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cscarlson View Post
    the dealership says that this software upgrade will not have anything to do with my low fuel pressure and i need a fuel pump..is this right?
    The update has nothing to do with fuel pressure, it has to do with the erratic fuel gauge. It also addresses a few other things but I would need to find my receipt to say exactly what. As for your fuel pressure, I don't know enough about it to say with confidence.
    "Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Fuel Problem
    By bjmcrna in forum C5 Technical and Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-24-06, 10:50 AM
  2. Fuel Problem Or What?
    By billroth in forum C4 Technical and Performance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-02-05, 10:38 AM
  3. 85 fuel delivery problem?
    By ac44u2c in forum C4 Technical and Performance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-07-03, 06:45 PM
  4. Repetitive fuel sending unit problem
    By VictorJK in forum C5 Technical and Performance
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-10-03, 03:32 PM
  5. Fuel Pump Question for 96
    By Mciamp99 in forum C4 Technical and Performance
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-01-03, 09:42 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •