$projecthp
    Corvette(s)
    1969 R.Gold CV. Original 8K miles. Pilot 1970 LT1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default 2003 50th Anniversary interior codes

HELP!

On a 2003 50th Anniversary convertible, the interior actually has 2 colors. 1-the light cream which is called the shale color, which are the seats and some of the plastic trim pieces. The other color is a taupe color, which is the upper part of the door panel and the center console.

I know the shale color code is 154.

What is the taupe color code?

There has to be a trim color code for the taupe.

Thanks

Corvette(s)
    2003 AE Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Try paging BowTieBandit. If he still posts here, he has always been a great resource for questions like that.

Hey BowTie.... you out there?

Corvette(s)
    2003 AE Convertible, 1998 LCRM Convertible
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

As far as I'm aware, there was only 1 interior available on the 2003 Anniversary Red Corvette. The 154 color code should refer to that interior as a whole, not just the color of one of the shades.

Of course, I could be wrong.

Jane Ann

Corvette(s)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Thanks for the reply.

The name for 2003 50th Anniversary interior is Shale, but the if you look at the interior there are 2 colors. The seats, carpet, glove box door, some of the plastic trim, AND half the door panel is a light beige color. The center console, center dash bezel around the radio and the a/c controls, steering wheel, and the other half of the door panel is a taupe color. The light beige color is 154 code. There has be a code for the taupe color. I notice on the information lable in the glove box door it had another code 54T. What is that code for?

Corvette(s)
    2003 AE Convertible, 1998 LCRM Convertible
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Good question. I've not been able to locate a description for the 54T code.

On the CAC 2003 Corvette Paint Specifications page click in the Model Center, it lists the following:
    RPO 154
    Name Shale
    Dupont Name Shale
    MFR Code 15/149B
    Stock Number C9505

The Corvette Black Book by Mike Antonick has this to say:

The 50th Anniversary's Shale interior blended a lighter value of gray-beige for seats and carpeting with a darker gray-beige for console, instrument panel and upper door panels.
    Perhaps the MFR Code refers to those 2 shades of gray-beige.

Sorry I can't be more help.
    Jane Ann

Corvette(s)
    2003 AE Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Maybe the problem is there is only one color of PAINT used in the interior, and they don't give a color code for the leather and vinyl.

Interior:
    RPO: 154
    GM Name: Shale
    DuPont Name: Shale
    MFR Code: 15/194B
    Stock: C9505

The wheel color may be close to complementary...
    GM Name: Champagne
    DuPont Name: Light Warm Nickle Metallic
    MFR Code: WA-837K
    Stock: P4995

Frank

Corvette(s)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Thanks for all the responses. Its odd that Chevy puts 2 colors in the interior only provides one code. By the way the tech that responds to the techincal questions, c4c5, knows Corvettes. He has helps me serveral times resolve Corvette tech problems.

Well well well. Thanks to a dedicated parts person @ Courtesy Chevrolet in Orlando, Pat, he resolved the mystery of the interior code for the darker shade of shale for the 2003 50th Anniversary edition.

According to GM records the light color of the interior is called shale-code 154, or if you need to dye a piece of interior trim the paint MFG code is #15. The darker shade, which is the upper dash pad, center console, steering wheel, upper part of the door panels, is called "top color Median Netural" code 54T. This makes sence because the dark color is on top. On the spec sheet in the glove box it list the interior trim code 154 and 54T.
    I know this information is not going to help the economical stats of the world, but it will bring peace of mine to all of those who own 2003 50th Anniversary Corvette. So now you know the Rest of The Story.
    Thanks John Erzen thanked for this post

Corvette(s)
    1967 Marlboro Maroon Coupe and a 2003 AE Vert
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Try contacting http://http://www.paintscratch.com/

They list several (all?) the interior colors for 2003 including the shale. I suspect the 2nd color is one of the other interior colors used on 2003 Corvettes. Perhaps "Paintscratch" can tell you.
    Mark

1967 coupe, 427/435hp, 3.36 rear, marlboro marron, saddle interior, side exhausts, PS and PB. My first new car and the best $4,550 I ever spent---it's helped me avoid spending lots of money on "shrinks" over the years!!

2003 AE 6M convertible bought it new from the dealer in January 2007 with 173 miles on it. It's my "retirement" ride!!!!!

Corvette(s)
    2003 50th Anniversary Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default 50th anniversary interior codes

Quote Originally Posted by 8kgold69 View Post
    Thanks for all the responses. Its odd that Chevy puts 2 colors in the interior only provides one code. By the way the tech that responds to the techincal questions, c4c5, knows Corvettes. He has helps me serveral times resolve Corvette tech problems.

Well well well. Thanks to a dedicated parts person @ Courtesy Chevrolet in Orlando, Pat, he resolved the mystery of the interior code for the darker shade of shale for the 2003 50th Anniversary edition.

According to GM records the light color of the interior is called shale-code 154, or if you need to dye a piece of interior trim the paint MFG code is #15. The darker shade, which is the upper dash pad, center console, steering wheel, upper part of the door panels, is called "top color Median Netural" code 54T. This makes sence because the dark color is on top. On the spec sheet in the glove box it list the interior trim code 154 and 54T.
    I know this information is not going to help the economical stats of the world, but it will bring peace of mine to all of those who own 2003 50th Anniversary Corvette. So now you know the Rest of The Story.
    The 154 GM number refers to the two-tone interior commonly refered to as Shale, not the code for either specific color. The 54T code refers to the color of the convertible top and IS NOT the color code for the darker interior color, it was a coincidence the darker color is on the top of the dash. I have never seen a car that lists both interior color codes on the label in the glovebox. The light color is GM code # 149B and is commonly refered to as "Shale". The darker color is GM code # 9648 and is called "Medium Dark Neutral". I recently purchased a pint of the Medium Dark Neutral to touch up a few scratches on the center console in my 50th anniv. vette and the color matched perfect. I hope this clears up some confusion and helps others trying to find the specific color codes. To assist a little more the SEM# for the darker color is 4691. Here's a link to SEM products SEM Products - SEM Products. they can also be found in most autobody supply stores.
    Thanks John Erzen thanked for this post
    Likes John Erzen liked this post

Corvette(s)
    2003 50th AE convertible
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Better late?

I know this is an old post, but RPO 54T is the Shale colored convertible top.
    Doug Hopson
    2003 Aniversary Edition Convertible
    http://www.50thregistry.com
    former clubs - River Valley CC, Russellville, AR / CACC, Little Rock, AR / RVCC, Shreveport, LA / TOGCC, Longview, TX / MCCC Birmingham, AL - NCM Member / NRA Life Member, IPSC and IDPA competitor, Blues - Jazz - Swingband Sax

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I am going to follow your #149b and #9648 to order the products I need. This is the closest I can see on line to a color match and the fact that you have used one says it all. The company that is matching up the numbers also has the SEM number matching the GM Number. This is the most confusing issue i have ever seen in color code numbers. I will post after I have worked with these products and let all know what I discover.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I will be using these numbers when ordering for my interior touch up. I will let all know how it goes.
    Thanks Toms007 thanked for this post