$projecthp
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    itsa03

Default Z06 Exhaust System

Does anyone know if installing the Z06 Titanium Exhaust on a base 2003 Corvette (Auto Trans) will increase performace or HP? Just would like to know!

Corvette(s)
    2002 electron blue Z06
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

From what I have read, the whole intake and exhaust system have to be upgraded as a whole to get any real increase in power. I have a Z06 and I like the sound of the system much better than the stock system I had on my '97 coupe. The sound might me a reason to change. Just my opinion.

Jefe

I have heard that the TI system does flow freer than the stock C5 system. Do know that freer flow will give you some increase in power but do not remember seeing any numbers as to just how much extra.

Corvette(s)
    2002 electron blue Z06
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I agree that it may have less back pressure, but from what I have seen here at the CAC and from what I have read, no gains of any real consequence can be made unless both the intake side and the exhaust side are both done, and that they should be done as a system, rather than isolated parts. I may be wrong (wouldn't be the first time), but that is my understanding. It seems to me that if there was any obvious 'low hanging fruit', Chevy would have snagged it themselves.

Corvette(s)
    2002 Mag Red Convertible
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

You will never notice it. Sound is much better plus you save a few lbs. in the bargain. I have one on my car, stock system is in the basement.

Package

Default Z06 Exhaust

I just replaced my Z06 exhaust with a new cat back from Bassani primarily for sound and a few extra ponies. The Z06 TI system will save you about 20-25 pounds, give you a few extra ponies (3-5HP) due to the flow properties, and a different sound. I guess it is up to you if the sound, small HP gain, and weight savings is worth it ? You can get a Z06 TI system on the net for about $400-$450. I just listed my Z06 TI exhaust for $400 + shipping.....

Rick Duncan

Just wondering if you have sold the Z06 Exhaust yet.

Package

Rick, sorry it was sold about two weeks ago. Thanks for inquiring........

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Complete, never cut. Off my 01 Z06. Replaced stock system after purchasing a Borla Stinger.

$400.00 + shipping.

THis is from member Chalky.

His email address is dchalk@wi.rr.com <dchalk@wi.rr.com>
    C6 Black/blk Z51, NPP exhaust, 1lt, M6/2008 Silver AWD CTS, FE2, 304hp