$projecthp
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Goodbye

SHVETTE98

Default Goodbye

After two and a half years of owning my 98, I traded it in yesterday. I had finally had enough with it, the column lock problem, the leaking battery acid that ruined my HVAC lines (twice), the wheel sensors being replaced, the throttle sensor going out, the warped front rotors, and the squeeky sway bar bushings. All this for a car I put 17,000 miles on. Thanks to all on this website, I found more useful information here than I did anywhere else. Good luck to all of you and I hope your Vette doesn't disappoint you as mine did me.

Corvette(s)
    2003 Z06
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Sorry it didn't work out. What did you trade it in for?

I'm hoping for a C5 this year and hope that I have better luck than you did.

Corvette(s)
    '73 Silver LS4 4 speed
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Sorry about your car.

There's no reason to leave however. Why not stay around?

Corvette(s)
    10 Grand Sport Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

See ya! Sorry you didn't have a good experience with your car!

SHVETTE98

Traded for a '02 Thunderbird. I'm gonna give Ford a chance, this is my first "new" one. I've owned a 65 Mustang and a 73 F-100. I should have never sold the truck, that thing was as solid as a rock.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Sorry for your experience. They can be challenging.

I have believed for years certain persons are not meant to drive certain brands.

Corvette(s)
    96 Collectors Edition LT4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Sorry you had so many problems. Really no excuse for GM. With so few miles, I would think one would not have ANY problems. Please stick around here.

Save The Wave!
    An attendee at all the CruiseFests including the one which never happened.

Autosig (Shadow) A

Corvette(s)
    2004 Torch Red Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Individual's luck with vehicles seems almost random, but I'm sure there is some underlying reason in how or when we drive. Every Ford I have ever owned with the exception of a '40 Ford Deluxe Coupe, was a classic lemon and only one of about twenty GM vehicles gave me any problems (an '82 Silverado with an underengineered transmission).

FmrMarauder

Quote Originally Posted by SHVETTE98
    Traded for a '02 Thunderbird. I'm gonna give Ford a chance, this is my first "new" one. I've owned a 65 Mustang and a 73 F-100. I should have never sold the truck, that thing was as solid as a rock.
    Funny - I went the opposite direction; traded an '03 Merc Marauder in on the '04 Corvette. Merc put the incorrect VIN tags on a couple of fenders and the trunk deck - and after 3 months of messing around with the dealer and the area rep I got rid of the car. I don't think Ford's heart was really in it - all of the letters, promo's, etc. that I got with the car referred to my "2003 Mercury Grand Marquis". The new dealer NEVER says "Chevy" - it's ALWAYS "Corvette".

The Merc ran fine, tho, and I hope you have good luck with the new 'bird. I had two '58 T-birds and loved 'em both (yeah, I know, the "square bird" was the first one with poor resale value. I gotta history of that. I owned this Vega once that...well, never mind ).

No need to leave the forum, tho - my wife has been looking at a 'bird as a replacement for her present car; I may have questions ;-)

Hang around for awhile?

Regards,

Jim

wwr

Default Goodbye SHVETTE98 with comments

I understand. I love my '04 yet I obsess already about what might happen. I had my first 300 mile trip today and there's a lot I don't know about this car especially the twilight sentinel, lights, and the memory. I know. You bought that and don't know anything about it? Read the book again dummy. Well it has done more good mentally for me than not having it. I just remember the 70's
    and what I read on this site plus a Corvette Club member told me he didn't know anybody in this town that could work on a C5! Today I felt that old LAND SHARK feeling. It rained and it was about 40 and I was in and out of the car and I got wet, dry, wet, dry something I will have to get used to but it seemed like everybody was looking at that big white beast. Strange but in the last 2 days I have seen in my area(city limits of about 20,000) a Testarossa(red), a Viper(crappy color with stripes) and a weird silver Ferrari WITH "DOUBLE POP-UP HEADLIGHTS never seen one of these. This is unheard of around here. So as they say one day at a time. Please forgive any punctuation mistakes its been a long day.

Thanks,
    wwr

Corvette(s)
    2002 Yellow Z06 (sold); 1999 Pewter FRC (sold)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I hope you have better luck with the next one.

That's a shame. Like everyone else said, you don't have to go. Maybe one day you'll want to give another vette another chance?

Tammy

vetmaniac

Sorry to hear this. but owning these cars requires a certain level of tolerance. Some are just more willing to tolerate them than others. Best of luck with the new T-Bird!

Corvette(s)
    1979 Bright Red L-82
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Sorry to see you go.....Good Luck in the future......

Corvette(s)
    1993 Artic White Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Really sorry about the bad experience......

But as a CAC please come back no need to forget where your friends are

cfour93

Corvette(s)
    2007 Silver MT Coupe; 2006 Trailblazer SS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Stuff happens.

Sorry you had a bad experience with the '98. My 02 C5 is one of the most reliable cars I've ever owned, and I tend to "get on it" harder than any car I've ever owned. Much more reliable that the Camaro's and Trans Ams I've had in the past. I also ran a '97 Mustang Cobra for awhile and it was both reliable and fast, even after having been heavily modifed (supercharger, throttle body, mass air flow, exhaust, etc). Go figure .

Dave

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast