• What judging class should I be in ?

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    VetteFanatic

Default What judging class should I be in ?

I recently went to my first judged show and shine. I was amazed at the extent that people go to getting their car ready for the show. I guess I was totally unprepared. Is there a list of fundamentals that I should be doing when I go to a show ? What should I spend time detailing ? I didn't know that the roof had to be up (it was dirty due to my neighbors cat) and the windows clean. I also must have lost points due to the fact that the inside of my wheel wells were dirty. The car got many wows but not by the judges.

I also would like to know what catagory I should be in. Street, Super street, Modified ? I have an '03 vert. Mods include Updated chrome(18 and 19" non corvette wheels), color coded engine covers, chrome intake, custom interior(white gauges colored seat inserts,colored wheel, and shiftknob and boot), driving lights in place of license plate, cut in Z06 side ducts, all screens, and an on the body rear spoiler. Other mods that you cant see are Corsa exhaust, 2.73 rear end, titanium headers, and the car is lowered an inch.

I'd apreciate any help from the forum on this one.

Thanks,
    Mike

Corvette(s)
    1973 coupe L82 (gone as casualty of divorce)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Mike, you might be better off to have posted this thread to the C5 Forums. The NCRS Forum deals mostly with unmodified vintage Vettes. I can move this over to C5 if you'd like??

-Mac
    Common sense is like deodorant. The folks who need it most never seem to use it and there's no polite way to tell them.

Corvette(s)
    2016 Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic Z06
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Mike,

I think this show you went to was last week in Merrimack, NH?? We were there, too. What class did they put you in with the '03 convertible? If Super Street, then you were with my husband and his '02 Electron Blue with the American flag graphics.

I belong to a group who has been working for the past year and a half to create a more standard classifying and judging system for Corvette shows in New England. The Gate City Corvette Club show was the first club to implement most of our suggestions. The way you describe your car would indicate to me that it would either be in Super Street or Show class. There's not enough customization to put it in Custom.

Yes, these shows in New England are clearly "show & shines"...the cleaner, the better! If you'd like, I can send you the Council's suggested guidelines and manner of judging so you'll have an idea what it's all about.

By the way, the next show is next Sunday, June 13 in Shrewsbury. Great show and great location!! This show will be a true example of the new guidelines as Corvettes United is going 100% with the new methods. Let me know if you'd like more information. We'd love to see you then!

Elaine

2016 Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic Z06

National Corvette Museum Member

Sales
    Corvette Mike New England
    Toll-free: 877-427-8388
    Cell: 617-872-8252

"Corvette Mike New England"

VetteFanatic

Mac... Please move it over... Thanks

VetteFanatic

Elaine,
    Yes, I was at Merrimac.
    Thats funny... I saw the license plate SOQUIK and thought that it sounded familiar and I must have seen the car somewhere else. I was in class "R". Not sure what that was, but at the entrance, that was the class that they suggessted. I'll be there next weekend ! Hope the weather is good !! It would be great if you could send me the guidelines and manner of Judging. OH No... I may be in the same class as your husband :-)

Corvette(s)
    1973 coupe L82 (gone as casualty of divorce)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Done!

-Mac
    Common sense is like deodorant. The folks who need it most never seem to use it and there's no polite way to tell them.