• C5 Seat Rebuild - Better than new

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Corvette(s)
    '67 Coupe, 2000 Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mez View Post
    I find the repair kit is exactly what I wanted. It has everything I needed and has instructions.

The price you pay for ANYTHING is more than the cost of the raw materials. And, yes, you can go out and buy the raw materials for less, but the kit save me time I don't want to spend looking for the right materials comes right to my front door.

Its like a friend of mine that complains about the cost of everything including a pizza. Yes, you can buy all the stuff for a pizza for a lot less than you can get it at Domino's. But it cooked an and ready to eat.
    I like some of your ideas on the seat pan and I plan to incorporate several of them in my sport seat rebuild. Thanks for you pictures in your earlier post.

Corvette(s)
    2003 Torch Red Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default My C5 seat foam repair job with pictures

I recently installed a seat bottom repair kit. This post has some pictures and comments from the job:

My C5 seat foam repair job with pictures
    Contact me to get a free poster or t-shirt design based on pictures of your car:
    See this CAC Forum thread. Sample designs.

Corvette(s)
    2004 zO6 COMMEMORATIVE EDITION
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Leather seats

I have a 2004 ZO6 and my drivers seat is starting to show separation where it is stich. This is only the area where I get in. I would like to repair this before it gets bad

Corvette(s)
    2001 Navy Blue Metallic Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Take the cover off and take it to a seat cover place or maybe even a seamstress. Could be a cheap fix, under $100.
    "Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."

Corvette(s)
    2000 Black Coupe; W/6-Speed
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Help Air bag replacement for Corvette Sport seat, breakdown, step by step and parts needed exactly. . . .Thanks very much!!!

What did you use for the lines and connectors installing blood pressure bags in lieu the factory lines, mine are for the most part shot.

More precise details would be nice, parts needed and where to get them; is that possible?

Thanks,
    -Bill
    President Abraham Lincoln as stated in the Gettysburg Address
    "From these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they here gave the last full measure of devotion - that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain."
    "Defend Those That Defended Us"

Corvette(s)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Corvette(s)
    2004 zO6 COMMEMORATIVE EDITION
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Seat rebuild

I would like more information this please. dickandpattie@gmail.com

Corvette(s)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Marvin View Post
    I would like more information this please. dickandpattie@gmail.com
    What else is there to know that ain't covered in that link?

Corvette(s)
    2003 Anny Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default My perspective

Quote Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
    What else is there to know that ain't covered in that link?
    Hi Junkman! Doing well?
    i did the deed on my drivers seat, I have not read the entire post but I assume your question is about the seat repair. Here's what happened on my end, I did the repair not too long ago:

small hands and patience helps on the electrical connections, the Ms helped. I did not determine if the seat mounting nuts have a torque....I just tightened them down. You have to be careful with the 3m glue...off your hands, wear a mask and eye protection, I held my breath any way and left the area to breathe, spray in the proper place and do a dry run on how you place the ballistic mat...if the mat touches the glue, it stays! Prepare a nice area to work on the seat, I put out some horses and plywood sheeting. Might as well clean the covers while the seat is out of the car. I could not find the small size bull rings to set the cover back on the seat but the next? Size up was okay, now have a new tool, bull ring pliers!! If the button eschucheon is broken buy a new one....I found two broken areas on mine. I put the jute? Pad on mine, the seat feels great now, what an improvement. Oh yes, I also placed some ballistic type material on the L edge of the seat...the metal also cut into the seat bottom foam, again with the fantastic ! Glue. An easy way we removed the seat back handle: We used a 2" long needle ( needle thin) nose pliers ....the nose of each end was pressed against the tips of the C clip and off came the handle, easy peasy. As far as I know there is no fix for the seat back that pops out of place if your back presses hard against it while adjusting your man stuff. The seat back handle pops the seat back in place. I am really pleased with the outcome of project.

Corvette(s)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by jwawhite View Post
    Hi Junkman! Doing well?
    i did the deed on my drivers seat, I have not read the entire post but I assume your question is about the seat repair. Here's what happened on my end, I did the repair not too long ago:

small hands and patience helps on the electrical connections, the Ms helped. I did not determine if the seat mounting nuts have a torque....I just tightened them down. You have to be careful with the 3m glue...off your hands, wear a mask and eye protection, I held my breath any way and left the area to breathe, spray in the proper place and do a dry run on how you place the ballistic mat...if the mat touches the glue, it stays! Prepare a nice area to work on the seat, I put out some horses and plywood sheeting. Might as well clean the covers while the seat is out of the car. I could not find the small size bull rings to set the cover back on the seat but the next? Size up was okay, now have a new tool, bull ring pliers!! If the button eschucheon is broken buy a new one....I found two broken areas on mine. I put the jute? Pad on mine, the seat feels great now, what an improvement. Oh yes, I also placed some ballistic type material on the L edge of the seat...the metal also cut into the seat bottom foam, again with the fantastic ! Glue. An easy way we removed the seat back handle: We used a 2" long needle ( needle thin) nose pliers ....the nose of each end was pressed against the tips of the C clip and off came the handle, easy peasy. As far as I know there is no fix for the seat back that pops out of place if your back presses hard against it while adjusting your man stuff. The seat back handle pops the seat back in place. I am really pleased with the outcome of project.
    Lol! Thanks, but I was the one who wrote the original thread, which contained detailed information on how to do the upgrade. As people who have seen my threads know, I leave no rock unturned. I cover everything, which is why I posted that question.

Corvette(s)
    2003 Anny Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Ha! Anything new from me?

Has my car been giving me trouble, on the list to do: L side window regulator, horn button...got a 2 am wake up call!

Hoorah, Go Army!

Corvette(s)
    2000 Black Coupe; W/6-Speed
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

:G C-5 Drivers Seat and air bags for lumbar shot . . . . .

I am getting ready today, here in about an hour of removing the drivers seat out of my 2000 C-5 with sport seat. Is there any last minute advise before I get started, Looks like it is going to be cramped of course, thought I would remove the roof panel, might help some. I found air bladders (blood pressure cuffs) but did not find the sizes listed in the pictures on here, like the way they look is there anyway I can get a good part number, the ones I got for the side esspecial were infant and they are way too small. I had read some pretty detailed instructions I think from Junk sometime ago but can not find them now. Wanted to refresh my mind a little bit before I get started, but if there is extra help and or advice I would like to hear it before I screw up. Thank you very much, again any help would be appreciate, pictures, and etc a plus too!!

Thanks,
    -Bill
    President Abraham Lincoln as stated in the Gettysburg Address
    "From these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they here gave the last full measure of devotion - that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain."
    "Defend Those That Defended Us"

Corvette(s)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

If you go back and read this entire thread, you will find links to everything you need to know.

Corvette(s)
    2001 Black coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Repair kit

Where can I get the repair kit, or even better, where can I find someone to do the job for me?

Al

Corvette(s)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

You don't need a kit, you can buy everything yourself for cheaper. As for someone doing it for you, do you have any room to do it yourself or you just don't want to deal with it?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast