Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Corvette(s)
    2001 black vert
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

i am not bashing cops< but wen i have needed help (ex wife drama), i was less than thrilled by the actions of the law. im just saying that with all the bad shit happening in this great country, i think a plate ticket is such a waste of time. i was once harrassed buy the cops because i looked like someone breaking into cars. the shitty part was i had my son with me on my way to work at 6 in the morning. so not only was i late to my sitter and a very scared 8 year old. i was late to work too. so after the cop saw i was not who he was looking for he still insisted on running my licence etc etc. he still kept me knowing that i was going to be late and had the balls to laff about it. i have only got a seatbelt ticket in my life ( also a bullshit ticket) but i am waiting for the good part of the law to show its face. sorry if i offended you. i treat people how i would want to be treated. all i ask is they do the same. is that to much?

Corvette(s)
    2001 Quicksilver Lingenfelter Convertible
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Massachusetts Requires A Front Plate

Remo

Corvette(s)
    2002 Electron blue vert
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I have a few LEO friends one of which owns a vette too. I'm actually going to join the same vette club he is in. Any how he said that no one has EVER pulled him over for his and hes had his for a long time.

I think I was just lucky. The LEO that pulled me over has been there in the that little one horse town for about 30 years. Hes also infamous for pulling over for any infraction, no matter how minor. I'm just glad I knew him

Corvette(s)
    03 Z06,66 coupe(sold),99 Porsche Carrera(sold)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

When I was working I used to see Corvette's all the time with no front plate and never pulled them over unless there were some other reason. Leave them alone and use the "no front plate" as probable cause at another time.

Lil Woman

Illinois has a front plate. My husband put a remote front plate on our car. When the car is parked for show he hits the button and the plate slides under the car. Pretty neat.

Corvette(s)
    06 XLR-V Infrared
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Front License Plate

For those of you required to display a front license plate in their states check out this: Altec Remote Control Show n Go Retractable License Plate Holder -400EU There is a video showing the operation.

This is a remote control front plate holder that you can make disappear when you want. I have it on my 2006 Cadillac XLR-V and it works great. I don't even put it up--I'm waiting to get pulled over for not having a front plate, then flip it up and ask the officer what he's talking about there's a front plate on here. Ha-Ha

If anyone would like to see pics of it on my car let me know and I'll take some to post.

XLR-V06
    "Cubby"

Corvette(s)
    2002 Electron blue vert
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Thats pretty slick!

pwddad

Got stopped 3 times in a month (Osage Beach, MO), twice by the same guy. Two weeks later stopped by a state trooper. No fines but I giggled and gave in and installed the plate.

Corvette(s)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Remo View Post
    Remo

LOL.. REMO, So does Virginia !!!
    Billy

Corvette(s)
    2004 Machine Silver Metallic Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

When I moved to California from Florida my wifes BMW had no front plate and I never put one on. Two years and no problems. We traded the car in for a new BMW 1 year later no tickets. I asked the dealer about the front plate deal. He told me the ticket for no front plate was only $20 and you had to go to the local DMV with a plate on to prove you fixed it. A ticket for running a light and getting your picture taken with your front plate around $200-$300 so he says My Vette will not be running a front plate. I guess I may find out if the dealer was right...

Corvette(s)
    03 Z06,66 coupe(sold),99 Porsche Carrera(sold)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Untamed View Post
    When I moved to California from Florida my wifes BMW had no front plate and I never put one on. Two years and no problems. We traded the car in for a new BMW 1 year later no tickets. I asked the dealer about the front plate deal. He told me the ticket for no front plate was only $20 and you had to go to the local DMV with a plate on to prove you fixed it. A ticket for running a light and getting your picture taken with your front plate around $200-$300 so he says My Vette will not be running a front plate. I guess I may find out if the dealer was right...
    The dealer you talked to gave you bad info. After you've been given a citation for no front plate all you have to do is put a front plate on and show it to an officer who will sign off your citation. Depending on which county in Calif you reside bail amounts (fines) will be different, you still have to pay a fine. Also, take a good look at those intersections using cameras. There are TWO cameras, one for the front of your car and another for the rear. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12