Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Reprograming TPS

Does anyone know how to re-program Tire pressure sensors? Yesterday when I had the new tires put on I think we got the fronts turned around...the one that was on the passenger side is now on the drivers side and vice-versa. I looked at the owners manual today and it doesn't say.
    2007 Atomic Orange Coupe Cashmere/black interior

2005 CruiseFest Attendee (Bowling Green, KY) 2007 CruiseFest Attendee (Colorado Springs, CO)
    2008 CruiseFest Attendee (Cleveland, OH)
    2010 Cruisefest Attendee(Effingham, IL)
    2011 CruiseFest Attendee(Effingham
    , IL)

Formerly owned Corvettes: 1964 coupe, 1994 coupe, 2001 coupe

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Do a search Tom, it's on here in detail.

Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

It takes a fairly strong magnet but you follow prompts on your DIC. If I remember right, it's in the owners manual.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I just checked the 02 and 03 owner's manauls.

No 'how to' on TPS just the normal 'what it says' stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Here you go Tom,This should help!!
    Congratulations on the C5!!
    Up to my elbows in a howling differential,Got to go!!

Later!!

Document ID# 1397366
    2001 Chevrolet/Geo Corvette
    Tire Pressure Sensor Learn

Tools Required
    J 41760 Tire Pressure Sensor Activating Tool (edit : J 41760 = Strong Magnet!!)
    TPM Learn Mode Description

The Tire Pressure Monitor (TPM) system uses the remote control door lock receiver (RCDLR), body control module (BCM), driver information center (DIC), 4 radio frequency transmitting pressure sensors, and the serial data circuit to perform the TPM learn mode functions. The sensor learn procedure must be performed after a tire pressure sensor, or RCDLR replacement. Once the learn mode has been enabled, each of the sensors unique identification (Id) codes can be learned into the RCDLR's memory. After the RCDLR has received a sensor transmission, it sends a serial data message to the BCM to sound a horn chirp. This verifies the sensor has transmitted its Id and the RCDLR has received and learned it. The RCDLR must learn each sensor's Id in the proper order to determine sensor location. The first learned Id is assigned to the left front location, the second to right front, the third to right rear, and forth to left rear.
    Sensor Functions

Each sensor has am internal magnetic reed switch. When the J 41760 sensor activating tool is held close to the sensor, the reed switch closes, activating the sensor. The sensor responds to a magnetic activation by transmitting in learn mode. When the RCDLR receives a learn mode transmission while in TPM learn mode, it will assign that sensor Id to the location on the vehicle relative to the order in which it was learned.
    TPM Learn Mode Cancellation

The RCDLR will cancel the TPM learn mode if the ignition is turned OFF, more than 1 minute has passed and no sensor Ids have been learned, or if more than 5 minutes have passed for the entire procedure. If the learn mode is cancelled before any sensor Ids are learned, the RCDLR will remember all previously stored Ids and their locations. As soon as the RCDLR learns the first sensor Id, all previously stored Ids are erased from the RCDLR's memory.
    1. Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
    2. Press the DIC RESET button in order to clear any warning messages.
    3. Press and release the OPTIONS button until the display is blank.
    4. Press and hold the RESET button for 3 seconds.
      Important

If the DIC does not display the TIRE TRAINING message, ensure the TPM option is enabled in the RCDLR. Refer to Scan Tool Output Controls .

Press and release the OPTIONS button until TIRE TRAINING is displayed.
    5. Press and release the RESET button and LEARN L FRONT TIRE is displayed, verifying the mode has been enabled.
      Important

If a horn chirp does not sound after 15 seconds, remove then reinstall the sensor activating tool.

Starting at the left front sensor, hold the J 41760 over the valve stem until a horn chirp sounds.

6. After the horn chirp sounds, proceed as in step 7 for the next 3 sensors in the following order:
      1. Right front
      2. Right rear
      3. Left rear
    7. Turn the ignition OFF to exit the learn mode.
    It's got so it seems to me that the Internet has created a lot more Horses A$$'s than we have Horses!
    junk!~!!
    Founding Member: 10 Corvettes Anonymous

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Tom, Junkie is correct (he always is). If the magnet does not work for you, I know when you visit CS you can stop by Rex Tire and they have a scan tool that reprograms them. Also, at CF in CS in 07, Rik reporgrammed one with the magnet at Corvette Center. Either of them could do it for you.
    Barrett

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Hey thanks guys, I'll try and get that done tomorrow. Been really busy with the in-laws here and the oldest daughter and her family.

So just how strong of a magnet does it take? Do I have to redo all of them, or can I just quit after doing the fronts?

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Toms01 View Post
    Hey thanks guys, I'll try and get that done tomorrow. Been really busy with the in-laws here and the oldest daughter and her family.

So just how strong of a magnet does it take? Do I have to redo all of them, or can I just quit after doing the fronts?
    You'll have to do all of the tiers!
    I use a magnet out of a old stereo speaker!!
    It's got so it seems to me that the Internet has created a lot more Horses A$$'s than we have Horses!
    junk!~!!
    Founding Member: 10 Corvettes Anonymous

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Thanks Junkie, I've been busier than a one legged man at a butt kicking contest and now it's beginning to rain so it doesn't look like I'll get to try that today.