• Terrible service at GM Dealerships

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Corvette(s)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

YupARK had the same thing happen with my trans. i had the smallest leak took it to them and they did 1600 dollars worth of seals and a wholer lot of other trans work i forgwet everything they did but every two months the thing started leaking took it back the first time they gave an excuse they forgot to clean the pan out, which sounded like crap to me this went on for opver a yr 4 times i took it in for the same leak then the fith time they gave me an attitude like buddy its past the yr warranty i almost went ballistic.Then i found silicon over paart of the trans .Then they had told me i needed something else that i took it somewhere else and the mechanic said no i didnt they then denied they ever said to the BBB that after argueing with me over this fact I actually got half my money back but the fact they outright lied they ever said that kills me

And not to bash anybody but Bowtie wtf are you talking about and that analogy was stunad . In fact il give you another analogy something else they did whjen they did the trans was replace the trans pan which i actually had done 3 months earlier at another mechanics place so obviously i didnt need that but to show the difference this mechanic charged 55 bucks for the trans pan the dealer on the invoice 35o bucks now thats like you paying 10 bucks for a steak and figuring ok ill get a potato figuring another 5 bucks and you get hit with a 30 dollar bill for just the potato

Now the problem with my car was the pass code security system in the ignition they said was bad and had to reprogram it , now i must admit im a bit naive but he didnt say change it or put a new one in he said they had to reprogram it , Maybe im stunad myself but to program my transistors and to do different programs takes all of about 10 mins i got wacked for 435 bucks seems a little outrageous to me

Well its at the point you get ripped off enough you end up learning how to do things yourself Im with you ARKVETTE . Time to learn this stuff myself

Corvette(s)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by lilbull624 View Post
    YupARK had the same thing happen with my trans. i had the smallest leak took it to them and they did 1600 dollars worth of seals and a wholer lot of other trans work i forgwet everything they did but every two months the thing started leaking took it back the first time they gave an excuse they forgot to clean the pan out, which sounded like crap to me this went on for opver a yr 4 times i took it in for the same leak then the fith time they gave me an attitude like buddy its past the yr warranty i almost went ballistic.Then i found silicon over paart of the trans .Then they had told me i needed something else that i took it somewhere else and the mechanic said no i didnt they then denied they ever said to the BBB that after argueing with me over this fact I actually got half my money back but the fact they outright lied they ever said that kills me

And not to bash anybody but Bowtie wtf are you talking about and that analogy was stunad . In fact il give you another analogy something else they did whjen they did the trans was replace the trans pan which i actually had done 3 months earlier at another mechanics place so obviously i didnt need that but to show the difference this mechanic charged 55 bucks for the trans pan the dealer on the invoice 35o bucks now thats like you paying 10 bucks for a steak and figuring ok ill get a potato figuring another 5 bucks and you get hit with a 30 dollar bill for just the potato

Now the problem with my car was the pass code security system in the ignition they said was bad and had to reprogram it , now i must admit im a bit naive but he didnt say change it or put a new one in he said they had to reprogram it , Maybe im stunad myself but to program my transistors and to do different programs takes all of about 10 mins i got wacked for 435 bucks seems a little outrageous to me

Well its at the point you get ripped off enough you end up learning how to do things yourself Im with you ARKVETTE . Time to learn this stuff myself
    Ha Ha Ha ....you said "stunad", a fellow Guindaloon !!!!!! I love it ! Salute'
    Billy

Corvette(s)
    Dark Blue 1982 Trans Am(s): Polo Green 1995 MN6
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by ARKvette02 View Post
    Oh, ok I just assumed you went to Ocean chevy on 37. I bought a new remote at a Chevy dealer in Va. for the door locks and they said $35 to learn the code. Thanks to the CAC I did it myself, and I couldnt believe what they were gonna charge me $35 for. Bunch of crooks
    Times are tough and service is absent.

Hopefully, these economic times will shake out the lousy dealers. As folks get tighter with money- service will compete for dollars and good service will find business.
    1982 Dark Blue Corvette
    Crossfire Injection | L83 | .465"/.488" Cam | EBL | 3.73
    0-60mph in 5 seconds

1995 Trans Am
    1 of 1 Trans Am | 100% documented | RPOs 48U, MN6, and GU6
    1982 Chevrolet Corvette , 350 2k RPM Stall Converter + Updgraded Transmission + Governor Set For 5,450rpm Shifts 3.73 Code 42 Dark Mettalic Blue with a twist

Corvette(s)
    1999 White Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Getting my Chevrolet and/or Corvette serviced at a Chevrolet dealership is like ordering fast food at the drive-through.

When you receive your food - what is the first thing you do? You look in the bag, and IF the order is correct - you breathe a sigh of relief and actually feel a little relieved that you actually got what you paid for (nothing more).

It has been my experience with multiple Chevrolet dealers that "getting it done right" the first time is rare (warranty or customer-pay).

Corvette(s)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by 99WhiteC5Coupe View Post
    Getting my Chevrolet and/or Corvette serviced at a Chevrolet dealership is like ordering fast food at the drive-through.

When you receive your food - what is the first thing you do? You look in the bag, and IF the order is correct - you breathe a sigh of relief and actually feel a little relieved that you actually got what you paid for (nothing more).

It has been my experience with multiple Chevrolet dealers that "getting it done right" the first time is rare (warranty or customer-pay).

What an excellent analogy
    Billy

Corvette(s)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

ok they actually replaced ignition lockcylinder and relearned theft system is what it says on the bill. but heres another weird thing now on my way home the retractable lights pop up on their own, then finally i was able to get them to go down after a few unsucceful tries . then after it sitting in my driveway all day wenmt to pull it in the garage the lights popped up again . I drove it around the block a few times trying to get it to go down it wouldn't then after pulling it in and taking key opuit they went down

Now im gonna call them tomm, yea i know things can happen too much of a coincidence that this never happened before and on the ride home it happens even if it was a few days later id choke it up to normal problems but on the way home this happens???

Corvette(s)
    2000 Torch Red Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Was it cloudy and dark when they popped up? If so, the twilight setting may have reset when they reset the other things. Just a thought!!

2000 Torch Red Coupe

Corvette(s)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Hmmm thats a good thought, it did get dark this afternoon when i had picked it up and when i was pulling it in the garage it wasnt dark out yet but it was twilight around 7;30 so maybe your right ill have to check the manual and see if i can reset that hopefully its something i can redo myself

Corvette(s)
    2004 Magnetic Red Metallic II Convertible
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by lilbull624 View Post
    Hmmm thats a good thought, it did get dark this afternoon when i had picked it up and when i was pulling it in the garage it wasnt dark out yet but it was twilight around 7;30 so maybe your right ill have to check the manual and see if i can reset that hopefully its something i can redo myself
    To disable that feature, push the "options" button on the right of your dash. The Twilight Sentinel should pop up as the first option you see in the Driver's Information Center. Press the reset button to switch it from "On" to "Off". If you decide to keep it on, you can also set a delay time to determine the amount of time they stay on after you shutdown.

Corvette(s)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Fulback,

Thanks I figured it out your right the setting twiligh was on I turned it to off.

One other problem im having that i've been having for awhile though it my passenger side door the automatic lock does not lock it does seem to open when i hit unlock on the transistor but to lock only the driver side locks. I went through the controll panel and thought i figured it out there is a display that says auto lock driver side only auto lock passenger side only or auto lock both i did put it on both but it seems still the passenger side doesnt auto lock

Thanks again

Corvette(s)
    1998 Red Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

You might want to see what dealer is sponsoring your local corvette club. Usually you'll get great service and a price break
    Ricks 98

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12