Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Corvette(s)
    2001 black vert
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

its more the price for me. 1500$ is a lot for me. i think i would try it if they were 500$. mayby im just cheep

lambo doors on a vette? vett boy's Avatar
    Corvette(s)
    2008 vert 6M silver
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Wrong gender.
    I have three neices, and I can tell you with some observational experience that 14 year old girls are focused on something called "Bratz," watching "High School Musical 3," and swooning over the guy who stars in the movie "Twilight." Lambo-style doors on a sports car wouldn't even register on their radar.
    Correct .I said to my 14 year old grandson ,in a few years you can help me drive my Corvette to Florida for the winter.His reply was "do I have To?"

Corvette(s)
    2000 coupe, black on black
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Bull Run, Bull Schizz ... same, same

The Bull Crap "Rally" is the .... IMHO of course .... the biggest pile of crap to hit the screen. A true ... Goldberg "Non-Event".

Most of the players were right out of a casting call and the events were mostly staged.

I "knew" one of the participants and he finally fessed up that it was for the most part a put on ... pro actors or actor wannabees.

You weren't allowed to go over 70 ... and had to wear a helmet ....

Muffy and Buffy fixing a holed rad with a tampon ? ? ?

The list of crap was endless ...

Corvette(s)
    2001 Quicksilver coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I'm not taking a side in this, but I wanted to introduce a picture. I don't know how many of you watched Bullrun on SpeedTV earlier this year, but one of the vehicles in the competition was a C5- they made it all the way to the final three. And the owner of the vehicle had modified his Corvette:
    Oddly enough, those doors were the most normal thing about that car and owner.

Corvette(s)
    1999 triple black vert.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Lamborghini still uses vertical doors, but not on all models. My friend owns a new LP640, and it has vertical doors.
    Pac-Man

Corvette(s)
    2004 Magnetic Red Metallic II Convertible
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by vett boy View Post
    Correct .I said to my 14 year old grandson ,in a few years you can help me drive my Corvette to Florida for the winter.His reply was "do I have To?"
    Wow times have changed huh? When I was 14, there were two neighbors who had 'vettes. One was a '73 and another was a '75. I would just stand in awe of those cars and dreamt of having one. When I finally got my license in 1979, I found a white 1976. Mom, let me test drive it and I had saved up my money over the years from mowing lawns and summer jobs to make a nice down payment on it. Then we called the insurance company. So much for my 'vette! I don't get passing up the chance to drive one like that.

Corvette(s)
    99 C5 Convertible
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Kinda reminded me of a woman who got breast implants too big for her frame.
    And there is something wrong with that ?

Just attended two days of back to back Corvette shows and there were plenty of these conversions. When I first got the C5 I thought about these to make entering the car easier in tight parking spaces. C5 doors are only 1 1/2" shorter than barn doors . Seeing different cars with these on I would say the first thing to look for in these kits is how far vertical do the doors go. Most of the kits that do not require any cutting have a limited vertical hight. I found these harder to get in/out of than if you parked the car in a chicken coop. First off when you swing the door up, the bottom of the door stops about the eye level so you have to do a kind of tuck and roll maneuver. They look different but are just not for me.

lambo doors on a vette? Patrick's Avatar
    Corvette(s)
    2006 'Evil Stealth Black' Roadster
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by sgtrjs View Post
    Yes. "Team Strange" was, ah, well named.

Quote Originally Posted by 65-to-00 View Post
    The Bull Crap "Rally" is the .... IMHO of course .... the biggest pile of crap to hit the screen. A true ... Goldberg "Non-Event".

Most of the players were right out of a casting call and the events were mostly staged.

I "knew" one of the participants and he finally fessed up that it was for the most part a put on ... pro actors or actor wannabees.

I suspect that's probably true of a lot of reality TV. "Bullrun" is merely a variation on a theme. I only caught the last couple of episodes, leading up to when they awarded the grand prize for the winner, and the only reason I watched was for the cars.

lambo doors on a vette? rascal_rascal_99's Avatar
    Corvette(s)
    92 coupe black rose
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by 65-to-00 View Post

I liked the show, but then I don't take reality TV as being totally real either. Producers will manipulate the shows to keep them as entertaining as possible. There was a lot of realism behind the show, the different legs of the run and competitions were legit although some events were restaged and filmed again to make it more presentable for TV. As for not being able to go over 70mph, all competitions have some kind of rules, and thats just one of them...you break the rule, you end up getting penalties. For the safety of other drivers on the road, I think this is a wonderful rule. Wearing a helmet was also something that was required just during the challenges and I also see that as being a very understandable requirement. I'm sure the guys in the evo were glad they were wearing them when they totalled their car, which was definitely not something that was staged or set up.

Not ever show is going to be for everyone, just like lambo doors on a vette are not for everyone...if you don't like the show, there's plenty of other crappy tv shows to watch instead...or you can just turn the tv off and go spend some quality time with your vette.

Quote Originally Posted by sgtrjs View Post
    Did you happen to see when they were in Roswell NM? If you thought team strange looked strange on a normal day, they found a couple pairs of odd sunglasses and standing there at the end of the show looked even more like a couple of aliens!

Corvette(s)
    10 Grand Sport Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12