• First post as a C5 owner.....

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
    If you make it out this way, give a shout out!

BTW, you'll like those tires. I love 'em!
    PM sent

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default COS trip

Fullback32

Send me your number, I'll put you in my phone and when I head that way I'll give you a call. I have some other friends out there that we will visit as well. Not sure when this will happen, but I need to get out there sometime this summer. Have you heard about RMCSC? Rocky Mountain Corvette Social Club is a non-club club, no rules, no officers, just a bunch of Corvette folks who get together to enjoy our cars. Go here to see what it's all about and join. Rocky Mountain Corvette Social Club Home Page We have been members for 4 years and try to make it out for at least 1 event a year.

Tom

First post as a C5 owner..... Red Vette's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Toms01 View Post
    Well Gregory, it needs new tires....I have decided on Michelin Pilot Sport A/S ZP (Zero Pressure), the rears are on back order, so as soon as they come in I'll put them on. I wanted some new floor mats, SouthernCarParts had them on special, so I ordered them, they came in Thursday and they look great. The third thing that I am looking at is the drivers seat, the thigh bolster is "flattened" (for lack of a better description) a bit and I'm looking at...maybe new foam for that seat, maybe I'll take it over to the upholstry shop and see what they think.....

And then the last thing I'm thinking is get school out (this coming Friday), so I can take it for a few drives....thinking Colorado Springs, so I can get some "picturesque" (I'm thinking Garden of the Gods) scenery for some nice photos ops.

BTW Gregory, I haven't forgot about you, just haven't taken the time to get the stuff boxed up and ready to ship yet.
    Tom, if you do make the trip to CS and Garden of the Gods, let us know so some of us can meet you there and see the car. Also, contact Bruce Miller and he will photograph the car for the avatar for the RMCSC and you can use it for the CAC. I need to have him take a picture of one of mine for the RMCSC also. I will be on the Tail Of Dragon and CF (for the rest of us) on May 31- June 10.
    Barrett

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Fullback32

Send me your number, I'll put you in my phone and when I head that way I'll give you a call. I have some other friends out there that we will visit as well. Not sure when this will happen, but I need to get out there sometime this summer. Have you heard about RMCSC? Rocky Mountain Corvette Social Club is a non-club club, no rules, no officers, just a bunch of Corvette folks who get together to enjoy our cars. Go here to see what it's all about and join. Rocky Mountain Corvette Social Club Home Page We have been members for 4 years and try to make it out for at least 1 event a year.

Tom
    Yep. Defintely heard of those guys and is on my To Do list. I hadn't joined it while I was restoring my 1989 as I didn't feel confortable taking it on long drives yet. Since I decided to abandon that project, sold it and got the 2004, there's nothing stopping me now. No work needed! BTW, I took the top down for the first time yesterday as the weather was so nice. It was so fun I drove it to work this morning!

First post as a C5 owner..... LittleRedFlatBack's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

it needs new tires....I have decided on Michelin Pilot Sport A/S ZP (Zero Pressure), the rears are on back order, so as soon as they come in I'll put them on.
    Congrats on the new (to you) car Tom. She looks like a beauty. BTW, I just swapped out the GY's for Michelin Pilot sport A/S ZP's last week. I just wish I hadn't waited so long. These tires are great.

I missed my C4 for a while after buying this one, but not long. I like the 02' more each day.

Dennis

First post as a C5 owner..... 6 Shooter's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Tom - Great Looking C5 Avatar!

L8TR - D

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Thanks D, I can't take credit for the pic...it's one that the dealership had advertising the car, I just stole it from them. But you can see why this car caught my eye.

I did have the out-of-state-buyer inspection today, the officer who did the check was drooling all over it. I just told her "thanks".

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by 6 Shooter View Post

L8TR - D
    I agree - I love that avatar, Tom! Great photo... got a copy of it in high res? I'd love to add it to my screensaver!

.............the officer who did the check was drooling all over it. I just told her "thanks".
    I get the same responses to mine, Tom, and they're inevitably amazed when I tell them it's almost 12 years old.

Hope you're enjoying the heck out of her.

Jane Ann

For every person with a spark of genius, there are a hundred with ignition trouble.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Jane Ann, the original was 640 x 480, not good enough for a desktop.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Nice Ride Tom!

Your Gonna Love It!

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

(Slighly biased...) congrats on the color choice! Enjoy that new ride.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Question here, Is the Mag Red from 99 the same as Mag Red II of 2001? They look the same, but why is the 01 version called Mag Red II? Just curious.........

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123