Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Sweet ride Tom, Good luck and Enjoy
    Billy

Corvette(s)
    1998 Sebring Silver Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Congratulations, Tom! That is one good looking C5! I know you will enjoy it!

Stew

P.S. I kept my forum name as is when I sold my '94...maybe we should both start thinking up new ones!

Corvette(s)
    '01 TR M6, '07 MS A6
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Also went from a '94 Torch Red to an '01 Torch Red. '01 was a year-old lease return made in Sept 00. Bought it in Sept 01 so it was a current year used car. Glad I didn't take the initial depreciation on it.

Welcome to the C5

Corvette(s)
    1989 Dark Red Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Traitor! Coward!

So. You post in the C5 section to tell them you've arrived but not in the C4 section to tell us you've left. Nice!

I guess at your age, it was just getting to hard to get in and out over that door sill. What's that? It was too hard for Rose. Sure blame it on the wife!

Seriously. The new kid looks awesome. I'm sure you will have it tip top in no time. Did you buy it sight unseen until you went down to pick it up?

First post as a C5 owner..... vett boy's Avatar
    Corvette(s)
    2008 vert 6M silver
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

From experience :the c4 was a great series and the C5 is just fantastic .Congratulations and I'm happy for you

Corvette(s)
    1981 dark blue metallic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Congrats on the '01 Tom!!!
    She's a real sweet color too!!!!

Corvette(s)
    2007 Atomic Orange Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by milehigreg View Post
    So. You post in the C5 section to tell them you've arrived but not in the C4 section to tell us you've left. Nice!

I guess at your age, it was just getting to hard to get in and out over that door sill. What's that? It was too hard for Rose. Sure blame it on the wife!

Seriously. The new kid looks awesome. I'm sure you will have it tip top in no time. Did you buy it sight unseen until you went down to pick it up?
    Actually Greg, I did post last week that the trade was "probably going to happen". Yes I found it on Autotrader, emailed and phoned down and talked to them, put a (refundable) deposit down, then a week later drove down and test drove and closed the deal. Rosie was a huge factor in purchasing this car....another story.

Quote Originally Posted by bill81vette View Post
    Congrats on the '01 Tom!!!
    She's a real sweet color too!!!!
    Thanks Bill, the color is growing on me....... Story coming.

Corvette(s)
    2007 Atomic Orange Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Well, here's a story to tell already for the new RED car...

Yesterday morning I got up to clean the "new" Vette. Worked about 5 1/2 hours on it. Washed, buffed with Adams Swirl and Haze Remover, then with Fine Machine Polish, then Machine Super Wax, then two coats of Zaino Z5, and was planning on coming in and posting here, but right in the middle of wiping the Zaino off (2nd coat), my mother-in-law calls and ask if we could come see them today(Saturday), (we were going to go up and back today anyway, almost 3 hours trip one way). The wife says "Sure, Tom's about done with the Corvette." So at 3pm we jump in the Vette and take off for her folks place. An hour and a half out it starts misting, making my nice clean car, not so clean. Oh, well it'll clean up again....

About 30 minutes later coming out of a little town there is this mid 80s Cavalier doing about 60 so I pass it, punch the cruise (set for 70) and continue on my way, the next thing I know this old Cavalier is riding my @ss, maybe a car length back. Just about this time we meet a KHP officer. Immediately his brake lights come on and he whips a U and comes flying right back up on us. The Cavalier starts to pull over and the KHP starts pulling over too, then serves back on the road and comes flying up on me and turns his lights on. I stop and he gets out of his car and walks up behind me and looks at the temp tag (taped to the inside of the rear window), then comes up and asks for my license. He says that the reason he stopped me was that he couldn't/didn't see my tag, but everything looked to be in order. And then he says "Were you and the gray car behind you traveling together?" I said "No. " and then told him what had happened. He said "Well, I turned around to stop her, but when I didn't see a tag on your car I came after you." He then gave me my license back and said "Drive safely...and BTW, nice car."

I had my white 94 for nearly five years and was never stopped once....I buy a RED car and get stopped after owning it for a little over 24 hours.....don't tell me Red doesn't attract attention.

Any way we just got home from the in-laws a while ago and the first thing I did was wash the car, and put on a third coat of Zaino. Too dark to take pictures today, but good pictures will be coming

Corvette(s)
    2007 Atomic Orange Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Oh, I put in for a name change to Toms01.

Corvette(s)
    2004 Magnetic Red Metallic II Convertible
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Toms01 View Post
    I had my white 94 for nearly five years and was never stopped once....I buy a RED car and get stopped after owning it for a little over 24 hours.....don't tell me Red doesn't attract attention.
    Doesn't surprise me. Watch as you drive down a major road. If a cop is driving down the opposite side of the road, look over and see if he checks his radar when he notices your red 'vette. It happens every time to me....both with my '89 and now the '04.

BTW, be glad you sold your C4 far away...you won't have to see it. I actually saw mine yesterday as I was driving around in the C5. Though I LOVE the C5, it still made me kind of sad. Seeing it actually gave me the passing thought of, "how can I get that car back and keep both?" Weird huh?

First post as a C5 owner..... Red Vette's Avatar
    Corvette(s)
    08 VR Convertible 2014 TR Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

This is the second time I congratulate you on your purchase (other in the tire post you made). I had one corvette (66 427) in your current color (mine was named maroon) and two in your 94 white color (54 and 63 SWC). Both with red interiors. Cops stopped me in 56 red corvette, but not the whites nor maroon. None of my other torch red corvettes (91, 94, and 02) have been stopped, and hopefully never will. BTW, I do not have BSMs on the 02 and like the looks better without them. I agree with Patrick, you need to stop by when you are in the area so we can see the 01. Hope you attend the CF in 2010 so we can see her. BTW, is it an auto or M6?
    Barrett

Corvette(s)
    2007 Atomic Orange Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Yea, in the area......I'm as "in the area" when I am at home as I was Friday.

Barrett, it is an Auto. After test driving the 6 speed in KC in March, I knew there wasn't going to be a manual in this one. I guess I'm just getting lazy.

Corvette(s)
    96 Collectors Edition LT4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Tom & Rosie, congratulations on the new ride!

Now that you are finished cleaning the Vette, you can tell us what other small things it needs.

I love the color!

WHILE YOU ARE OUT AVOIDING CITATIONS, PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO SAVE THE !
    An attendee at all the CruiseFests including the one which never happened.

Autosig (Shadow) A

Corvette(s)
    2007 Atomic Orange Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Well Gregory, it needs new tires....I have decided on Michelin Pilot Sport A/S ZP (Zero Pressure), the rears are on back order, so as soon as they come in I'll put them on. I wanted some new floor mats, SouthernCarParts had them on special, so I ordered them, they came in Thursday and they look great. The third thing that I am looking at is the drivers seat, the thigh bolster is "flattened" (for lack of a better description) a bit and I'm looking at...maybe new foam for that seat, maybe I'll take it over to the upholstry shop and see what they think.....

And then the last thing I'm thinking is get school out (this coming Friday), so I can take it for a few drives....thinking Colorado Springs, so I can get some "picturesque" (I'm thinking Garden of the Gods) scenery for some nice photos ops.

BTW Gregory, I haven't forgot about you, just haven't taken the time to get the stuff boxed up and ready to ship yet.

Corvette(s)
    2004 Magnetic Red Metallic II Convertible
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Toms01 View Post
    And then the last thing I'm thinking is get school out (this coming Friday), so I can take it for a few drives....thinking Colorado Springs, so I can get some "picturesque" (I'm thinking Garden of the Gods) scenery for some nice photos ops.
    If you make it out this way, give a shout out!

BTW, you'll like those tires. I love 'em!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast