• Ashtray always flips open ?
  • Ashtray always flips open ?

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Danger731

Default Ashtray always flips open ?

When I open the storage lid the ashtray lid always pops up, I thought I remember the ashtray lid staying closed until you opened that lid as well ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Mine always opens that way on my 04, it seems that it didn't on the 98.

Ashtray always flips open ? LittleRedFlatBack's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

My 02' opens with the lid too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

it does the same on my '03

Ashtray always flips open ? hoosierdaddy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Mine has never opened unless I opened it myself. Unless you are talking about something else, but if it is the lid on the ash tray and lighter area that is what I am referring to.

Bill :
    President Abraham Lincoln as stated in the Gettysburg Address
    "From these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they here gave the last full measure of devotion - that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain."
    "Defend Those That Defended Us"

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

My '03 is spring loaded too!

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Just checked mine today since this came up; it is spring loaded both open and closed. And it will stay in the open or closed position depending on which I want. I drove the car with it opened and it stayed open until I closed it; then I drove the car with it closed and it stayed closed again until I opened it. If yours is staying open or coming open on its own you must have something wrong with the spring loaded feature which controls the door both opened & closed.

At least this is the way I have it figured, but maybe I am missing something too
    Bill
    "From these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they here gave the last full measure of devotion - that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain."

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdaddy View Post
    Mine has never opened unless I opened it myself. Unless you are talking about something else, but if it is the lid on the ash tray and lighter area that is what I am referring to.

Bill :

They are talking about the ash tray lid only, not the larger compartment lid. The smaller ash tray lid is spring loaded in the open position.
    Master Technician

25+ year ASE Master Certified Tech

22+ year Honda Master Tech

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by LLC5 View Post
    They are talking about the ash tray lid only, not the larger compartment lid. The smaller ash tray lid is spring loaded in the open position.
    If we are talking about a C-5 the ash tray & lighter is behind the larger lid that is what I am referring to. The only other lid there is would be the cup holder; for what it's worth as a cup holder!! In any case I have not had this issue with either one of them; they stay closed when I close them and open when I open them. I must say again the smaller of the two on a C-5 is the so called cup holder and that you push to open it, which is not spring loaded; it is just an over the center lid in the open position There is no other lid or compartment other than these two that I have

I just went out in my garage and double checked all of this, and the above description of both would be correct if in fact you are talking about a C-5!

Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdaddy View Post
    If we are talking about a C-5 the ash tray & lighter is behind the larger lid that is what I am referring to. The only other lid there is would be the cup holder; for what it's worth as a cup holder!! In any case I have not had this issue with either one of them; they stay closed when I close them and open when I open them. I must say again the smaller of the two on a C-5 is the so called cup holder and that you push to open it, which is not spring loaded; it is just an over the center lid in the open position There is no other lid or compartment other than these two that I have

I just went out in my garage and double checked all of this, and the above description of both would be correct if in fact you are talking about a C-5!

Bill

Yep, C5. There should be a spring loaded lid on your ashtray which is directly next to your lighter element, together with the larger lid in front of both of them and the cup holder lid that would make 3 lids total, possibly yours is missing? I agree, calling it a cup holder is a joke, it's no more than a change pocket at best.
    Master Technician

25+ year ASE Master Certified Tech

22+ year Honda Master Tech

Danger731

yeah the ashtray lid automatiocally opens when I open the main lid. The ashtray lid pops open, I thought it could stay shut. I see all newer C5's do it as well, oh well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Danger731 View Post
    yeah the ashtray lid automatiocally opens when I open the main lid. The ashtray lid pops open, I thought it could stay shut. I see all newer C5's do it as well, oh well.
    Boy I am confused now I see no sign of an ash tray lid seperately that covers just it, just the spring loaded lid that covers both the ash tray and lighter right below the heater/ac section. I am going to have to take another look @ this. Again I do not see a seperate lid that covers the ash tray at all The lighter and ash tray is under the main rectangular lid that is spring loaded! This is driving me crazy; I looked again and once again see no signs of another lid that covers the ash tray seperately from the main lid that covers both the ash tray and cigarette lighter, We are talking about a C-5 here aren't we I just looked again, and for the last time I might add I removed the ash tray and looked all over and see nothing that would support this be a seperate lid of any kind At anyrate this is my 2 cents; I am done searching and discussing it and I am out of this converstation.

Take care, and have a wonderful day. I am going to drive mine today on a little trip so good luck to you all that is still looking for this mysterious lid I'm NOT
    Bill

Ashtray always flips open ? ScottNoxid's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Hey Bill, I have a 2001 C5, and mine works the same way yours does.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by ScottNoxid View Post
    Hey Bill, I have a 2001 C5, and mine works the same way yours does.
    I just can't figure out what they are talking about; must be some misunderstanding here is all I know. I just assume we were referring to a C-5; maybe not

But it was becoming I know what I have and what I am suppose to have so I got the hell out of Dodge

Thanks, and have a wonderful day Scott.
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Danger731 View Post
    When I open the storage lid the ashtray lid always pops up, I thought I remember the ashtray lid staying closed until you opened that lid as well ?
    Thats the way it's supposed to be!!

CLICK!!

It's got so it seems to me that the Internet has created a lot more Horses A$$'s than we have Horses!
    junk!~!!
    Founding Member: 10 Corvettes Anonymous

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast