Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Corvette(s)
    2000 coupe, black on black
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Cat Piss (not a joke)

The "performance task of the day" is dealing with the smell of cat urine.

Wife had cats that got booted out of the house and ended up living in the garage for the winter .... long story short .... they were wild, brought in (even I have a soft side) ... and are now back outside because they tore up the house and ...

I swear it was anger at being given the boot from the house, they started to urinate on the windshield of the car. I even tried to put boxes and stuff up there and they kept moving it off.

Went to go for a ride yesterday in the nice warm sun ... and all I could smell was cat pee coming in the vents.

Arggggggggggggggggggggggggg!

Corvette(s)
    10 Grand Sport Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

There isn't a worse odor than cat pee! On fabric it never goes away but I would think that it wouldn't stay on glass!

Corvette(s)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I think they were spraying right at the base of the windshield so it's coming in the air vents.

They puked there a few times too. Other than the puke you could never see anything but my wife swore she saw them doing it (peeing) ... and I finally found some traces (like spray droplets) ... kinda sticky and yucky.

Nah! They never got into the car ... but the vent/air intakes .... yechhhhhhh!

I'm going to try some lightly scented water down there followed by a trip to the ....... car wash .... for the volume of water ....

I know, I know ... car wash is a dirty word on the forum .. but you should smell this stuff ...

Corvette(s)
    '13 427 60th vert - CTS V Wagon(4-door Vette)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I found a product called "Odo-Ban" that worked very well at removing the odor. I haven't bought any in a while but I believe it is available at Sam's Club and/or Wal-Mart.
    Tuna
    My Novels:
    Crossbow Revenge
    Alice Was Not Her Name
    Antiques To Die For
    Murder mysteries!

Corvette(s)
    2003 50th Annversary Red coupe, beautiful !
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by 65-to-00 View Post
    I think they were spraying right at the base of the windshield so it's coming in the air vents.

They puked there a few times too. Other than the puke you could never see anything but my wife swore she saw them doing it (peeing) ... and I finally found some traces (like spray droplets) ... kinda sticky and yucky.

Nah! They never got into the car ... but the vent/air intakes .... yechhhhhhh!

I'm going to try some lightly scented water down there followed by a trip to the ....... car wash .... for the volume of water ....

I know, I know ... car wash is a dirty word on the forum .. but you should smell this stuff ...

Have you tried a mixture of Baking soda and pine oil cleaner and in a gallon bottle slowly pour down around the windshield and let sit for a half an hour and then wash the hell out of the car. Also, when you return the car to the garage, put a lot of Moth balls in every corner of the garage. Cats can't stand the smell of moth balls and they'll be gone for good.

Corvette(s)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Killain, the bad news is that wifey also hates moth balls. I put some under the deck to get rid of skunks and she raised high and holy hell about the smell.

I have scratched down the formulas offered for use later this week. So far .... I just got back from the car wash and a one hour ride and I couldn't smell anything.

Odo-Ban ... Pine ... and ... my daughter (Ms. Clean), suggested Fa Breeze ... all on tap for the coming week when the temps get a bit warmer and the odors come out.

Today ..... tweren't bad so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. (I think)

Corvette(s)
    2008 vert 6M silver
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Didn't know you could get rid of a wife with moth balls.I'll pick up a couple cases on the way home tonight.

Corvette(s)
    1995 Dark Red 6spd Convertible
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Try Ammonia to remove the initial smell. It works well on carpets.

Also, if a cat were to pee on my vette , well ... he or she may come up missing in the next few days

Corvette(s)
    1981 dark blue metallic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by JimBobC4 View Post
    Also, if a cat were to pee on my vette , well ... he or she may come up missing in the next few days
    never mind a few days...It would be gone permanently!!!!!

Corvette(s)
    2000 white convertible 6-spd manual, loaded,blower
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default the problem is easy

a bowl of antifreeze will do in the cats overnight, im going to try the mothballs tonight on my wife...

Corvette(s)
    1995 Dark Red 6spd Convertible
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Honey , have you seen the cat lately ? I wonder where little whizzer went to ? It's like he disappeared. I wonder if that neighbor dog chased him away ?

Ummmm , I dunno Dear maybe he found a nice home somewhere

Corvette(s)
    2007 Victory Red Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Lead gets rid of any new cat piss, but sorry to say that it won't remove what is already there.
    The shortest distance between two points is under construction. ~ Noelie Altito.

Corvette(s)
    bright red 1984 crossfire
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

just proves my point that cats are evil minded little pricks.. aliens i think sent down to take over the planet once they gather enough info and drive enough of us crazy in the process!

odo ban works ok but also you might want to try a product called natures miracle from a pet supply store... vets use it when animals pee int he office it is supposed to totally eliminate the scent of the animals urine so other animals wont mark it when they smell it.. cause that cat has marked his territory and if there is even a hint of it another cat will smell it and want to claim it his and it just keeps going and going. they also make products that you can spray to repel cats but you would need a ton of it and where would you spray it.

Corvette(s)
    2000 Navy Blue Coupe A4 Z51
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

You might try puting thumb tacks through 3 or 4 sheets of newspaper, then use masking tape to secure the paper (thumb tack points UP) to the windshield letting most of it rest on the hood. Another trick would be to use double stick tape in place of the thumb tacks. The cats don't like either of these tricks , and will learn to stay the hell off of the car rather quickly.
    Andy
    Andy Anderson - PROUD VIETNAM VETERAN.

Vietnam Veterans Corvette Club - Founding Member #1

"Dream as if you'll live forever...........Live as though you'll die today" - James Dean

"Money isn't everything.........but it SURE DOES keep the kids in touch!"

Corvette(s)
    67 427 tripower,68 427 tripower,04 Z16, 62 340hp
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Have you ever heard of a scat pad ?? My neighbor had a couple and they kept the cats off the counter tops. Just plug them into the 110 outlet and it"ll just give them a little jolt..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast