• WTB Looking to Buy First Corvette C5 Coupe! Prefer 2002-2004  Pacific NW

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default WTB Looking to Buy First Corvette C5 Coupe! Prefer 2002-2004 Pacific NW

Looking to Buy First Corvette C5 Coupe! Prefer 2002-2004, Blue or Red or Silver (not yellow or orange), <60,000 easy miles on it, in great shape, fair price for well kept car, clean Carfax, great if it had history Closer to Oregon the better Thanks for responding

WTB Looking to Buy First Corvette C5 Coupe! Prefer 2002-2004  Pacific NW Tuna's Avatar
    Corvette(s)
    '13 427 60th vert - CTS V Wagon(4-door Vette)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Good luck with your search for your first Vette!
    Tuna
    My Novels:
    Crossbow Revenge
    Alice Was Not Her Name
    Antiques To Die For
    HyperDeath

Murder mysteries!

Corvette(s)
    2007 Atomic Orange Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Welcome to CAC, Peter. There are a lot of C5s out there with low miles and at reasonable prices. I can tell you, orange was not a factory color for C5s. so if you happen to run across one it's a re-paint. I hope you find the car you are looking for at the price you want to paint.
    2007 Atomic Orange Coupe Cashmere/black interior

2005 CruiseFest Attendee (Bowling Green, KY) 2007 CruiseFest Attendee (Colorado Springs, CO)
    2008 CruiseFest Attendee (Cleveland, OH)
    2010 Cruisefest Attendee(Effingham, IL)
    2011 CruiseFest Attendee(Effingham
    , IL)

Formerly owned Corvettes: 1964 coupe, 1994 coupe, 2001 coupe

Corvette(s)
    2003 Anny Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Peter the Great, check my post, 48K miles, $18500 Phoenix, AZ
    John W White 805 396 4014

Corvette(s)
    stock 98 C5 pewter 145K miles
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Just out of curiosity where are you looking ? I like to look on craigslist just to see whats around but you have to be careful on there obviously. Avoid ads with gmail accounts pasted onto the pictures or at the end of the posting. They're always scams. Ebay can be a pain but they allow you to sell a car that is shown at a 200 mile radius I believe . They're referred to as "local auctions" and do not charge the seller a fee at that level. If you do look on there set the distance at 200 and just see what's around. A while back here locally there was a beautiful red metallic 2001 right near me on CL with 52K on it and he sold it for about 12 grand . If I hadn't had mine I would have gone to look at it . There's a craigslist crawler called searchtempest that searches all cites in your chosen radius but it's not as thorough as doing a city by city search . Keep us posted and good luck .

Quote Originally Posted by peterthegreat View Post
    Looking to Buy First Corvette C5 Coupe! Prefer 2002-2004, Blue or Red or Silver (not yellow or orange), <60,000 easy miles on it, in great shape, fair price for well kept car, clean Carfax, great if it had history Closer to Oregon the better Thanks for responding

Corvette(s)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Tom , last year there was an 04 for sale on craigslist in my area . It was the daytona sunset orange color . He was the second owner and it was perfect with low miles. He claimed the original owner had ordered it that way and that because it was a late production 04 the orange paint was available. He said all of the documentation was available to prove it and I'm assuming the stickers on the car should have proven it . He was asking higher than the average price because of this and believed it to be the only one like it . I thought it looked great and would have gotten if I could have . He sold it quickly . I wish I'd saved pics of it now . I wonder if this could be confirmed somehow through a registry

Quote Originally Posted by Toms007 View Post
    Welcome to CAC, Peter. There are a lot of C5s out there with low miles and at reasonable prices. I can tell you, orange was not a factory color for C5s. so if you happen to run across one it's a re-paint. I hope you find the car you are looking for at the price you want to paint.

Corvette(s)
    2007 Atomic Orange Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Delta98C5 View Post
    Tom , last year there was an 04 for sale on craigslist in my area . It was the daytona sunset orange color . He was the second owner and it was perfect with low miles. He claimed the original owner had ordered it that way and that because it was a late production 04 the orange paint was available. He said all of the documentation was available to prove it and I'm assuming the stickers on the car should have proven it . He was asking higher than the average price because of this and believed it to be the only one like it . I thought it looked great and would have gotten if I could have . He sold it quickly . I wish I'd saved pics of it now . I wonder if this could be confirmed somehow through a registry
    I would have to see the paperwork on that one .....I still stand by my comment that no C5s were sold, From the Factory, in orange.
    2007 Atomic Orange Coupe Cashmere/black interior

2005 CruiseFest Attendee (Bowling Green, KY) 2007 CruiseFest Attendee (Colorado Springs, CO)
    2008 CruiseFest Attendee (Cleveland, OH)
    2010 Cruisefest Attendee(Effingham, IL)
    2011 CruiseFest Attendee(Effingham
    , IL)

Formerly owned Corvettes: 1964 coupe, 1994 coupe, 2001 coupe

Corvette(s)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Tom , I should have stated that I know you are correct about that ! I know orange wasn't available on C5's . The guy selling the car might have been wrong . It would be interesting to find out if there really was one original orange C5 out there. I do not know if there is any way to confirm it .