$projecthp
  • WTB Looking to Buy First Corvette C5 Coupe! Prefer 2002-2004  Pacific NW
  • WTB Looking to Buy First Corvette C5 Coupe! Prefer 2002-2004  Pacific NW
  • WTB Looking to Buy First Corvette C5 Coupe! Prefer 2002-2004  Pacific NW
  • WTB Looking to Buy First Corvette C5 Coupe! Prefer 2002-2004  Pacific NW

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    0

    Default WTB Looking to Buy First Corvette C5 Coupe! Prefer 2002-2004 Pacific NW

    Looking to Buy First Corvette C5 Coupe! Prefer 2002-2004, Blue or Red or Silver (not yellow or orange), <60,000 easy miles on it, in great shape, fair price for well kept car, clean Carfax, great if it had history Closer to Oregon the better Thanks for responding

  2. #2
    WTB Looking to Buy First Corvette C5 Coupe! Prefer 2002-2004  Pacific NW Tuna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Mustang, OK
    Posts
    3,636
    Corvette(s)
    '13 427 60th vert - CTS V Wagon(4-door Vette)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    1

    Default



    Good luck with your search for your first Vette!
    Tuna
    My Novels:
    Crossbow Revenge
    Alice Was Not Her Name
    Antiques To Die For
    HyperDeath

    Murder mysteries!


  3. #3
    Moderator Toms007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Southwest Kansas
    Posts
    6,232
    Corvette(s)
    2007 Atomic Orange Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    2

    Default

    Welcome to CAC, Peter. There are a lot of C5s out there with low miles and at reasonable prices. I can tell you, orange was not a factory color for C5s. so if you happen to run across one it's a re-paint. I hope you find the car you are looking for at the price you want to paint.
    2007 Atomic Orange Coupe Cashmere/black interior

    2005 CruiseFest Attendee (Bowling Green, KY) 2007 CruiseFest Attendee (Colorado Springs, CO)
    2008 CruiseFest Attendee (Cleveland, OH)
    2010 Cruisefest Attendee(Effingham, IL)
    2011 CruiseFest Attendee(Effingham
    , IL)

    Formerly owned Corvettes: 1964 coupe, 1994 coupe, 2001 coupe


  4. #4
    Member jwawhite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    oxnard
    Posts
    155
    Corvette(s)
    2003 Anny Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    0

    Default

    Peter the Great, check my post, 48K miles, $18500 Phoenix, AZ
    John W White 805 396 4014

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Jefferson Parish, LA
    Posts
    20
    Corvette(s)
    stock 98 C5 pewter 145K miles
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    0

    Default

    Just out of curiosity where are you looking ? I like to look on craigslist just to see whats around but you have to be careful on there obviously. Avoid ads with gmail accounts pasted onto the pictures or at the end of the posting. They're always scams. Ebay can be a pain but they allow you to sell a car that is shown at a 200 mile radius I believe . They're referred to as "local auctions" and do not charge the seller a fee at that level. If you do look on there set the distance at 200 and just see what's around. A while back here locally there was a beautiful red metallic 2001 right near me on CL with 52K on it and he sold it for about 12 grand . If I hadn't had mine I would have gone to look at it . There's a craigslist crawler called searchtempest that searches all cites in your chosen radius but it's not as thorough as doing a city by city search . Keep us posted and good luck .




    Quote Originally Posted by peterthegreat View Post
    Looking to Buy First Corvette C5 Coupe! Prefer 2002-2004, Blue or Red or Silver (not yellow or orange), <60,000 easy miles on it, in great shape, fair price for well kept car, clean Carfax, great if it had history Closer to Oregon the better Thanks for responding

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Jefferson Parish, LA
    Posts
    20
    Corvette(s)
    stock 98 C5 pewter 145K miles
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    0

    Default

    Tom , last year there was an 04 for sale on craigslist in my area . It was the daytona sunset orange color . He was the second owner and it was perfect with low miles. He claimed the original owner had ordered it that way and that because it was a late production 04 the orange paint was available. He said all of the documentation was available to prove it and I'm assuming the stickers on the car should have proven it . He was asking higher than the average price because of this and believed it to be the only one like it . I thought it looked great and would have gotten if I could have . He sold it quickly . I wish I'd saved pics of it now . I wonder if this could be confirmed somehow through a registry


    Quote Originally Posted by Toms007 View Post
    Welcome to CAC, Peter. There are a lot of C5s out there with low miles and at reasonable prices. I can tell you, orange was not a factory color for C5s. so if you happen to run across one it's a re-paint. I hope you find the car you are looking for at the price you want to paint.

  7. #7
    Moderator Toms007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Southwest Kansas
    Posts
    6,232
    Corvette(s)
    2007 Atomic Orange Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Delta98C5 View Post
    Tom , last year there was an 04 for sale on craigslist in my area . It was the daytona sunset orange color . He was the second owner and it was perfect with low miles. He claimed the original owner had ordered it that way and that because it was a late production 04 the orange paint was available. He said all of the documentation was available to prove it and I'm assuming the stickers on the car should have proven it . He was asking higher than the average price because of this and believed it to be the only one like it . I thought it looked great and would have gotten if I could have . He sold it quickly . I wish I'd saved pics of it now . I wonder if this could be confirmed somehow through a registry
    I would have to see the paperwork on that one .....I still stand by my comment that no C5s were sold, From the Factory, in orange.
    2007 Atomic Orange Coupe Cashmere/black interior

    2005 CruiseFest Attendee (Bowling Green, KY) 2007 CruiseFest Attendee (Colorado Springs, CO)
    2008 CruiseFest Attendee (Cleveland, OH)
    2010 Cruisefest Attendee(Effingham, IL)
    2011 CruiseFest Attendee(Effingham
    , IL)

    Formerly owned Corvettes: 1964 coupe, 1994 coupe, 2001 coupe


  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Jefferson Parish, LA
    Posts
    20
    Corvette(s)
    stock 98 C5 pewter 145K miles
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    0

    Default

    Tom , I should have stated that I know you are correct about that ! I know orange wasn't available on C5's . The guy selling the car might have been wrong . It would be interesting to find out if there really was one original orange C5 out there. I do not know if there is any way to confirm it .

Similar Threads

  1. looking for C2 coupe, prefer '63
    By firstgear in forum C1/C2 Parts For Sale / Wanted
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-26-08, 08:19 PM
  2. For Sale: 2002 Corvette Coupe
    By skipshift in forum C5 Corvettes For Sale
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-26-06, 10:03 PM
  3. Help! 2004 Coupe or 2002 Z06?
    By Hitman1 in forum C5 Z06 Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-11-05, 07:36 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •