$projecthp
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Corvette(s)
    1990 ZR-1 - Bright Red / Black
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Yesterday I had to run up to the Dulles Town Center Mall to pickup some accessories for a new Craftsman tool chest I bought. Weather here in the DC-Metro area yesterday was fair, but I didn' take the Vette out because the snow and ice we've had all week was melting and the roads around here were trashed.

A lot of other Vette obviously felt differently as there were a ton of Vettes out. (Even got to watch a good race between a C5 and 4 kids in a bright yellow Mustang )

When I left the mall, I drove around the back of it to pick up the main road heading back. As I was driving on the road that runs at the end of the parking lot, I happened to look into the parking lot and the electric blue paint and characteristic blackened wheels caught my eye. I did a double take and realized, it was a Grand Sport. Needless to say, I kept looking trying to get a better view as it was parked at the end of the parking lot. The road suddenly turned, but I wasn't. Luckily my reflexes were quick enough that I kept the truck on the road. I really do love that color scheme. One of these days, I'll get a GS with torch red interior.

[Edited by Rob on 01-29-2001 at 07:19 AM]

Rob Loszewski, Owner & Site Administrator
    Corvette Action Center

Cadillac V-Net
    Cadillac XLR Net
    Torque About It
    Torque Network
    VetteTube
    NCRS Member #27792
    "Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt." - Sun Tzu

Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertising Information
    1990 Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 , 350 Stock ZF 6-speed. Stock Bright Red

Corvette(s)
    '90 ZR-1 #365 (SOLD...but Dad's got it now)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Hey be careful there Rob....As sad as it sounds, I do the same thing with just about every vet. My latest neck twisting encounter involved a sharp looking red C5 with tri-flows, lowered, and a set of 547 HRE wheels. Sweeeet!....BTW, did the C5 win the race????

Jay

Corvette(s)
    In the market
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

What kind of question is that JT? Of course the C5 beat the Rustang!

The GS's are nice to look at huh? I've met a couple of women who are almost as nice to look at, but no where near as fast!

When the day comes that you want a bleeder GS Rob, let me know. I'll be more than happy to help you out!

Corvette(s)
    Two 96 Grand Sports - coupe #633 & convert #707
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Yeh, sometimes the only solution to avoiding accidents resulting from straining your neck to look at someone else's Grand Sport is to get one of your own... or TWO of 'em for that matter!
    John 'Hutch' Hutchinson hutch@hashmarks.com
    The Grand Sport Registry, C5 Fighter Squadron, NCCC,
    Central Florida Corvette Association, NCM LIfetime #597