Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Gixxer1

Default Proud new CE owner!

Hello guys. I wanted to introduce myself and say that this site is great! I was on here years ago, but sold my 1995 6 spd coupe. On the bright side, I just purchased a MINT 1996 CE coupe 6 spd with 44k on it. This guy was the original owner and had both tops, keys, remotes, original window sticker, everything. Never been in rain, always garaged! I fell in love. I think I got a good deal at $18,000. He was asking $22,000 but got frustrated because no one before had the means to get the money. I was thinking of putting 4.10's in it for better off the line torque. does anyone else have this done? Thanks, and keep up the great site!

Frank

78SilvAnniv

Default Welcome Gixxer!

Welcome to Corvette Action Center. I like the 96CEs, great vettes.
    Heidi

Corvette(s)
    '13 427 60th vert - CTS V Wagon(4-door Vette)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Congrats on your 'new' car. The CE LT4 combination is really nice.
    Tuna
    My Novels:
    Crossbow Revenge
    Alice Was Not Her Name
    Antiques To Die For
    HyperDeath

Murder mysteries!

Gixxer1

thanks guys. It's great to be part of the family again.

Corvette(s)
    96 LT4 Polo Green/Light Beige Interior
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Welcome back Gixxer1!

B17Crew

NC-LT4

Congrat on finding a cherry CE with both tops. I also have a CE and am about to have the 4.10's installed. Hopefully in the next couple of days. I bought the gears from Randy's ring and pinion. I'll be using a '95 PCM to correct the speedo.

stgry1

Quote Originally Posted by NC-LT4
    I'll be using a '95 PCM to correct the speedo.
    Am I to understand you correctly?? Your swapping out the 96PCM for the 95 or just using the ratio data inside??

Proud new CE owner!
    Corvette(s)
    1996 Torch Red LT4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Welcome back , Congrats on your car, it sounds nice, Guy
    current- Torch Red 96 LT4,15k miles,Corsa's and The Claw
    current - 2004 XL1200 R Harley Sportster
    Sold - 85 Black Coupe

NC-LT4

Default PCM change

Quote Originally Posted by stgry1
    Am I to understand you correctly?? Your swapping out the 96PCM for the 95 or just using the ratio data inside??
    That's correct. I'll be starting with the base lt4 program in a '95 PCM, then use TunerCat or LT1 edit to adjust for the speedo as well as squeeze out more hp.

stgry1

That's correct. I'll be starting with the base lt4 program in a '95 PCM, then use TunerCat or LT1 edit to adjust for the speedo as well as squeeze out more hp.
    hmmm..I'm confused . Bear with me...the 95 PCMs have base LT1 programs I thought, is that what you meant? Then modify that using edit? I thought the LT4 prog was specific to 96. Please educate us illiterates ...thx

NC-LT4

Quote Originally Posted by stgry1
    hmmm..I'm confused . Bear with me...the 95 PCMs have base LT1 programs I thought, is that what you meant? Then modify that using edit? I thought the LT4 prog was specific to 96. Please educate us illiterates ...thx
    I'm using a '95 (OBDI) PCM out of an Impala and reflashing it with the base LT4 program converted from OBDII to OBDI. From that point using TunerCat or LT1 Edit we (my mechanic and I) will change the various parameters to pull more hp out of the LT4.
    Hope that this helps clarify.

nearmiss

Hi Gixxer1,

Congrats on the CE! Sounds like a great find. I just had 3.90's installed in my CE-LT4 and I love it. I was going for the 4.10's but Larry at the Corvette Shop in San Diego convinced me that the 3.90's might be a better choice given the large amount of relatively fast freeway driving I do on my daily driver. So far its great. I'm not a real 1/4 mile track kinda guy, so 4.10's might be better there (don't know). While you're at it, you may find a short throw shifter a good idea as well. I went with Hurst Billet Plus, which I am also very happy with.

Good luck,
    Nearmiss

Corvette(s)
    Dark Blue 1982 Trans Am(s): Polo Green 1995 MN6
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Gixxer-

Welcome and great choice of Vettes!!! You will be so happy with that car... because its a Vette! Welcome to the CAC!
    1982 Chevrolet Corvette , 350 2k RPM Stall Converter + Updgraded Transmission + Governor Set For 5,450rpm Shifts 3.73 Code 42 Dark Mettalic Blue with a twist

stgry1

I'm using a '95 (OBDI) PCM out of an Impala and reflashing it with the base LT4 program converted from OBDII to OBDI. From that point using TunerCat or LT1 Edit we (my mechanic and I) will change the various parameters to pull more hp out of the LT4.
    Hope that this helps clarify.
    Ahhhh, yes now that makes sense!!

Corvette(s)
    Black 1996 LT4 Coupe/ 2004 Z06/Z16
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Let us know how the pcm comes out. Can you do baseline runs (dyno or track)? I went on the website for tuning pcm's but I'm chicken to let anyone mess with mine. It runs very well now. I'd like to just turn on the fans earlier (without a/c), but lt1 edit is pretty expensive for just that.
    2004 Z06/Z16 stock
    Black/gray 1996 LT4 Coupe (sold)

2006, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 SCCA Regional Solo Champion

Ready to buy a 2012/2013 C6Z from motivated seller, don't need to sell my c5, or ask the wife or bank. PM if you have a lead for me. Thanks!

Link to my DIY videos http://www.youtube.com/user/1947froggy?feature=guide

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast